Crafting* Tweaked the formatting on the specialty bag user guide in the hopes of improving readability. This change will not apply to existing bags until something prompts a description update (such as storing/retrieving items).
* Depositing stacks of items into storage will now append the stack size to the item's display name. This should have no effect on the item when it is retrieved, and is only a display improvement for the storage window itself.
This is not a retroactive change. Existing stacks will need to be withdrawn and redeposited in order to display stack sizes.
Single items (i.e. items with a stack size of 1) will not display their stack size.
* Myrkul's banner added to deployable shops.
* Invisible belt appearances added for dwarves, humans, gnome, orcs (halfling and elves use the human skeleton) Leather appearance 5.
* Adding belt item to the nexus shop.
* Empty space in lefthand player menu removed.
* Adjusting the wheat/apple quests so they correctly are on a timer.
* Savras is finally out of Azuth's stick and available as a deity choice for all races.
* Icon changer reincorporated into appkit.
* Armor Optimization is no longer a passive ability. Instead, you use the feat on an item in your inventory in order to optimize or unoptimize it. While optimized, an armor is unable to be dropped or traded.
* New item property: DM Reward. This is property allows DMs to set an item as a DM Reward, making it undroppable and untradeable.
* Improved DM control over weather. They can now set clear skies, rainy weather, stormy weather, or snowy weather. Due to Obsidian bugs, snowy weather doesn't actually create snow fall, it just adjusts fog and ambient sound settings. Snow fall must be done with DM VFX effects.
* Weather system variables adjusted. Changed to use pnp weather tables for now, but might be adjusted further if rain is still too frequent.
* For the purpose of certain weapon checks, light shields count as small, heavy shields count as medium, and tower shields count as large.
* Custom weapon finesse checks now use NWN2 rules rather than pnp rules (that is, weapons on the NWN2 finesse list always qualify, regardless of the size of the character, except for rapiers, which need monkey grip to be finessable for small characters).
* Appearance kit will now auto-refresh itself when activated if the player has the old version that does not include an icon changer option.
* When RCRing, players now have the option when withdrawing xp to transfer alignment values from their previous character to their new one. This only adjusts values within the same alignment bands (Lawful 85 to Lawful 100) - it cannot be used to completely change alignment (Lawful to Chaotic). The purpose of this function is to allow players to preserve DM adjustments between RCRs if RCRing the same character.
Area Changes* Added the Cooking Pot to the list of items that triggers the campfire conversation on a PC Tools campfire, in preparation for allowing PC Tools campfires to be used with Cooking Pots.
Class Changes* FotD North encounters updated and fixed.
* Various guildhall and player housing updates.
* Appkits can no longer be used in the Nexus. Instead, there's a new door in the Nexus that leads players to an OOC room with good lighting.
* Added missing Cyric priest to Darkhold temple of Cyric.
* Adding some waypoints to Darkwoods for map clarity.
* Slight rebalance of the Osquip blueprint, found in Rockrun Pass.
* Put a roof over a door on the exterior of the Winding Way Inn. Made the door beneath the roof accessible, it should link to the inside kitchen back door.
* Added doors to houses in BG N Farm that did not have any.
* Nashkel has a new Deputy Mayor to rule alongside Ghastkill.
* BG3 main menu theme now has a chance to play in the Nexus.
* Elfsong tavern now sounds like the Elfsong.
* Broken Goblet Update : All credits to Selhan.
* Appearance changer kit for both armor and icons is now updated in every store where it was previously available.
* The Bridge to Beregost from the FAI side has been destroyed by Goblins! All that has been left behind are the stone pillars of the bridge. Rowboats have been set up by the Campfire and respective opposite side to cross.
* Updated remaining shops with healers kit to replace them with bandage kits.
* Convention updated : Player Houses properly show in which region they are implemented in the scry, as any other map. The convention also makes it easy for Dungeon Masters to find those maps for events.
* New Interior area: Fields of the Dead North Interiors. New mini Dungeon with new enemies!
* Update to the Fields of the Dead North Exterior.
* New Spawns and encounters blueprints for the North Fields of the Dead exterior and interior.
* The clergy of Tyr rearranged the court room to be centered around the trial's main protagonists, instead of separated in two.
* The new organization should allow better experience in listening and attending to trials.
* Darkhold is now set to open by default again, given it's been a year since the war has ended.
Spell, Feat, and Ability Changes* Assassins and Blackguards can gain spell progression from the Dragonslayer class. This only affects caster level for their spells.
* Assassin and Blackguard caster level is now calculated properly on login and level up. It will take into account practiced spellcaster feats and any classes that grant spellcasting progression in these classes (just dragonslayer for now).
Bug Fixes* New vfx for ice storm. Now actually looks like a storm.
* Ice Storm now applies a 50% movement speed reduction to targets in its radius for 1 round.
* New feat: Epic Reserve. Epic Reserve allows reserve feats to scale into epic levels, up to approximately 15d6 depending on the character's level (or caster level. Exact details are still being worked out; read the feat description once it goes live for the specifics).
* Umbral Shroud rework. Umbral Shroud now provides 50% miss chance to the target for a number of rounds equal to the reserved spell bonus (eg 9 rounds for 9th level spell) on a failed saving throw and 1 round on a successful one. It also now tracks, and provides a 1 CL boost to, all Shadow subschool spells. Finally, it has a 5% chance per reserve level of blinding the target for one round on a failed saving throw.
* New VFX for jump, tumble, and ki step.
* Darkbolt: Changed from 10d8 to 8d8, Reflex saving throw on damage removed, Fortitude saving throw to resist a 1 round stun added, bringing the spell closer to pnp. The negative component also now ignores resistances (it's untyped in pnp).
* Launch Bolt: Now only adds Ranged Touch Attack Specialization to the first bolt.
* Ice Darts: No longer gains an extra +1 damage for each dart to bring it more in line with other spells of its level (now it's 2d4 per dart, 9 darts total, so up to 18d4). Now fires darts sequentially like launch bolt. Streamlined code.
* Mordenkainen's Disjunction/Disjoin Magic: Now treated as a hostile spell (should break stealth/invisiblity/etc when cast).
* Low Light Vision spell: No longer treated as a hostile spell.
* Assassin and Blackguard now use the same versions of spells that other classes use. Our caster level functions account for assassin and blackguard. This shouldn't cause issues with any of these spells, but please report if problems arise so that they can be fixed.
* The Kaedrin rune of X reserve feats have been removed. If a character has one of these feats, the feat is not removed from their feat list, but will no longer activate. Players can ask a DM for help swapping these.
* Fiery Burst now deals damage in a 10 foot radius instead of 5 feet. 5 feet ranges do not play well in NWN2 due to the way hitboxes and weapon ranges work.
* Hurricane Breath no longer knocks targets down. Instead, it knocks them back by 10 feet.
* All reserve feats are now correctly set as supernatural abilities, and do not have a verbal component.
* All reserve feats now have the same casting time (standard spell casting time).
* Acid Splatter now uses the acid spellcasting visual effects. Umbral Shroud uses the darkness visual effects. Invisible Needle now has a conjure visual effect.
* Persistent Spell should stop showing up. Again.
* Suffering domain Pain Touch no longer targets self.
* Missing skull shoulder texture fixed.
* Corrected issues with conversations for herbalist new tools.
* Corrected conversations for Jerta and Red Correl.
* Removed debug code from jump/tumble scripts.
* The Springboard independently activatable script is now connected to the new jump/tumble script.
* Bestow Curse subradial spells should no longer fail their Concentration checks despite succeeding at the check.
* Fixing Svirfneblin conversation on nexus so they'll be able to spawn in Sshamath (Darkwoods).
* Control Henchman (Move) feat should no longer return invalid target.
* Removing context menu rows to attempt to fix DM crashing issues.
* Reverting feat class type fix as it is causing issues with certain kits, classes, and features that disable spellcasting.
* Barbarian Rage should no longer silently fail if you try to reactivate it before the contingent heal effect from a previous rage expires.
* Barbarian Rage should no longer spend a rage use if you try to reactivate it before your current rage expires. (This can happen if you have Extend Rage feats, among other possible reasons.)
* Fix for smite evil failing for high level paladins.
* Removing 'Removed' flag from Dark Moon Heresy deity option. This should now be available for players.
* Non-owners are now correctly allowed to enter the packhorse dialogue (and therefore peek into the SQL saddlebag).
* Packhorse variants whose default name is not "Packhorse" can now be named too. (As a side effect of how this was accomplished, named packhorses can now be renamed without having to buy a new horse.)
* Adjustment to Inspire Courage to prevent it from failing to apply to some targets.
* Added Springboard support to new jumptumble script.
* Dead creatures should no longer be able to make AoOs when using BG's custom AoOs function.
* Fixed Weapon Master feat progression to correctly grant Improved Whirlwind Attack at level 10, as specified in the August 27 patch notes.
* Apple and wheat quests now correctly recognize the player's number of items even if they have more than 6 units.
* When doing a DMFI attack roll, the target should do a dodge animation rather than the attacker when the attacker misses.
* Hiss of Sleep now saves against the caster, instead of an invalid object, so the caster should receive reports on the outcome of saving throws when casting it. Script has been cleaned up as well so that it isn't recalculating the save DC and ID for every target, nor targeting doors and placeables.
* Backgrounds Survivor, Wild Child, and Tale Teller should now correctly respect your skill choices.
* Fixed spell progression formula to account for the character's first level in a casting PRC.
* Flying houses corrected.
* Walkmesh improvement in Temples District.
* Small corrections to strange placeables and walls in Temples District.
* Corrected a few spelling errors when harvesting plants.
* Corrected missing walls and strange black squares in The Ossuary of the Shrine of the Suffering.
* Deadly Defense now properly deactivates if you equip a shield while it is active.
* Crusader Strike now updates if the user's Wisdom modifier changes while the ability is active.
* Assassin Darkness should now work properly.
* Sleep and Deep Slumber should now properly report the roll to the caster.
* Winter's Blast now correctly deals damage in a 15 foot radius rather than 20.
* Added notification of cap and target remaining hit points for MotLD and Death domain Death Touch.
* Death domain Death Touch no longer targets self.