Getting Started and Connecting, Changelogs and Announcements

Moderator: Moderator

Administrator
Forum Moderator

SERVER UPDATES

Unread post by Administrator »

[ original post by Luna ]
September 1st UPDATE

Most of these fixes have been tested. Only a few have not.
If you find any of this stuff is still broken, post something in the tech forum please.

[FIXED] South of Candlekeep map pin is incorrect. The south transition correctly says and goes to High Hedge Estate, but the map pin says "To the Lion's Way", which is north. (And correctly labelled north.)
[FIXED] Baldur's Gate, Temple of Tempus - the altar does nothing, and there is no priest.
[FIXED] Baldur's Gate, Temple of Torm - Altar does nothing, priest does nothing.
[FIXED] Baldur's Gate, Shrine of Illmater - Altar does nothing, no priest.
[FIXED] Baldur's Gate, Temple of Tyr - Altar does nothing, no priest.
[FIXED] Temple alter in bergost dose nothing as well
[FIXED] Temple Alters work again across the board
[FIXED] Dread wolves confuse themselves with their own howl.
[FIXED] I discovered that werewolves can confuse themselves too.
[FIXED] Area transition for Well in the Farmlands was broken
[FIXED] EPIC Cave trolls give no xp.
[FIXED] Rats & Dire Rats in Kobold Area give no xp
[FIXED] Troll Hunters drop troll hides, which cannot be sold to merchants. This leaves you with hundreds of utterly worthless troll hides and absolutely no chance of getting normal loot from the monster.
[FIXED] Temple of Bane has a key now
[FIXED] Temple of Bane is PvP OK now
[FIXED] Theatre has a map pin in Palace District
[FIXED] Theatre has a key to back rooms now
[FIXED] Close door script acting erratically
[FIXED] The mountain ogre chieftain has a female voiceset
[FIXED] Ilop and Xax did not decay and leave loot bags
[FIXED] Wands should no longer go negative value and level restrict to level 61

Other
- Added Board Admin/Dev/Guru Eldurs +3 Items for DM Reward Handouts. There are about 360 Items.
- Added Kelsfars DM NPC's
- Added Kelsfars DM Creatures
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Re: SERVER UPDATES

We did an update tonight on 9/9/9.

[CHANGED] Frost Giants have a bit more hit points. I think I didn't adjust them enough though.. may have to adjust again.
[CHANGED] The language lore check should be much different. Nobody should ever be able to sit there and understand all your conversations now. It should be a lot harder to. If it's still to weak, we will adjust again.
[FIXED] The shops no longer have fine steel gear. They have +3. Removed some old items from UD and Beregost shop well. I buckled to some staff.. there is a +3 greatsword now to.
[FIXED] Staff of command with immunity to mind spells removed from shop.
[FIXED] Thieves guild shop changed to remove old powerful items. This was supposed to happen with Beta9.
[FIXED] Gold in chests raised.
[FIXED] UD Area Mist Lake now has spawns.
[FIXED] Theatre Map Pin and Area now called "The Whiste Mask Theatre". It has a sign post in front of it now as well.
[FIXED] When Polymorphed/ShapeShifted .. this is for any class, you can pick up items now and area trans and not have anything funny happen to you.

Other
- Added more hostiles for Keslfar to DM creature list
- Added a few of Akavits hostiles to DM creature list.
Administrator
Forum Moderator

9/10.

Moved to the AutoDownloader. finally... :D
Administrator
Forum Moderator

We did an update tonight on 9/13/9.

[CHANGED] The last few items in the loot tables with immunities should be gone (like cloak of movement).

Other
- Update Kelsfars creatures again.
- Added DM Area
- Minor tweaks to spawn and save scripts to try and help performance.
- Minor change to appearance changer to help with lag and performance.
- UI Adjust to DMFI toolbar. PvP Button is now available. It of course will not set PvP in a Non-PvP area.

HAKS
Added -> Amraphael's Hand held light sources Pack
These can be found as loot right now. Dont have them in shops yet.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=452

Bouncy Rock Head
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=174

Wild Hair for Humans and Elfs, both Female and Male
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=133

MaeBe' Hair Hat Fix. Well basically this is MaeBe's hair.. but only 2 of the 3 are added.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=431

One hair style from Whatbrick's Set.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Nw ... tail&id=62
Administrator
Forum Moderator

We did an update tonight on 9/20/9.

[CHANGED] Raise Dead - Some changes made to our scripts to try and fix remaining bugs. We cannot test all corner cases, so we will wait for data IG.

[CHANGED] A few bosses. Mino boss no longer has bigby's forceful hand, UD Goblin boss no longer has HIPs, Surface Goblin Boss no longer has lightning spells.

[CHANGED] NPC Sit hearbeat script so it doesn't fire every round and waste CPU cycles.

[CHANGED] Kemo Scry re-fresh time. Was set to 1 second which is way to fast. Changed to 60 seconds.

[CHANGED] PvP button gives a warning.

[FIXED] Trap on gate of gnoll stronghold no longer persistant. Hopefully no players will get trapped in there anymore.
[FIXED] Wyvern spawn rate doubled.
[FIXED] Golems in high hedge should walk better now. As well as many of the NPC's in cities.
[FIXED] Sorcerous Sundries - Removed broken wand of stone to flesh..
[FIXED] Bodyfall Wand - Removed from Malt. Was old useless item.
[FIXED] UD Fire elementals changed from CR9 to 17
[FIXED] Surface Goblins in Mine have minro CR change.
[FIXED] Front door to banite temple locked now.
[FIXED] UD now has +2 gear set shop, and kukru/sling shop.
[FIXED] Chaos who is the boss in the haunted house is now set to Undead. Not human anymore.
[FIXED] Bear and Dire Wolf in Orc cave have had their CR's adjusted to fit the area CR.
[FIXED] Gelatinous Cube will no longer kill players when you kill the Cube.
[FIXED] Set UD Goblin Taunt to 0. Set some other critters to 0 as well. Hopefully this will tone down the Taunt Spamming the AI is doing.
[FIXED] Minor changes to lock DC's.

RWS Bridges added for the Builders.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=205

Barrel of Monkeys Hair was added
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=281

Other
- DM Kelsfar built about 15-20 more critters for the DM's. They are in now.
Administrator
Forum Moderator

9/20/9 (Again).

Seems I screwed up the placables.2da file so some of you saw a few wacky things while walking around.
I reverted back to our previous tools HAK file.
So we lost the RWS bridges update and the Kemo XML change for now.
All other fixes should still be in though.
Administrator
Forum Moderator

9/27/09

SOZ Content Added.

[CHANGED] SoZ spell scrolls added to shops.
[CHANGED] Added Lantern heartbeat script to only equip a lantern at night. One BG East Gate Guard, one Beregost Guard, and Jorn

[FIXED] - Helmed Horror no longer uses Taunt
[FIXED] - UD has more normal weapons in shop now for starting players who can't use +1.

Picked up Naga, Purple Worm, and Stirge from RWS Creature HAK.
We had the other creatures already.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=n ... ail&id=397

Placeable Walkmesh Helper added for builders.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=27
Administrator
Forum Moderator

10/03/09 - Or this would be very early morning 10/04 if your East Coast, Europe, etc.

[FIXED] DMFI Languages for broken races fixed. This is mainly Genasi and Gray Orcs. They can now select DMFI languages.
[FIXED] All Planetouched and Gray Orcs now get a 2nd starting language which is based on their race of course.
[FIXED] Worg and Hell Hound Animal Companion skills now properly scale as they level up. They always had the same skills as they leveled up previously.
[FIXED] Lantern Icons should be fixed now.
[FIXED] Stone Giants no longer have blade golem properties which gave them a ton of immunities
[FIXED] Troll Hide Not set to PLOT (again). I thought I fixed this before but I guess not.
[FIXED] Key on floor of flaming fist jail removed.
[FIXED] Eldritch Blast should no longer incur arcane spell failure. This was changed in 1.23 to give arcane spell failure. We decided for now to put it back the way it was prior to 1.23. All other Invocations that were changed to have arcane spell failure in the 1.23 patch still have arcane spell failure.
NOTE: ELDRITCH BLAST IS UNTESTED. PLEASE REPORT BUG IF THIS IS NOT WORKING
[FIXED] SOZ spell scrolls in shops have had their cost fixed.
[FIXED] New snake in wolf area has had it's icon and sound fixed.
[FIXED] XP Script. Remove code that was added that rounds CR to 1 if CR is less than 1. Will fix wolf xp.

[Added] - Players now get a PvP Rule Book.
[Added] - Akavit made some new armor and a few new weapons for the appearance changer.
[Added] - 4 Chests in DM Area with Tier 2 and Tier 3 DM re-ward items.
[Added] - Sef from Akavit to remove globe when light spell is cast.
[Adjusted] - DM DMFI Appearance Changer. Added SoZ creatures and some of our custom creatures from NWN2 Vault.
[Adjusted] - Level 9 GATE Spell now uses 2 custom spawns. The spawn you get will be based on your alignment.
[Adjusted] - Poison -
If the character not has the "apply poison" feat:
a) he must make a dex check to avoid poisoning themselves.
b) the poison lasts for 4 rounds OR 1 successful hits whichever is shorter.
If the character has the "apply poison" feat:
a) he do not need to make a dexterity check
b) the poison lasts for 12 rounds OR 3 successful hits whichever is shorter.

[Adjusted] Lesser Spell Breach and Greater Spell Brean work on Shades spell protections now.

[Adjusted] Custom Pick Pocket Script added. PP is not legal yet!
Administrator
Forum Moderator

10/20/09

- Monster Loot Scripts added. Will give much more variety in monster loot drops.
- Baldurs Gate Core Area's. Reduced size by 5-10% for each Area. Disabled Shadows on East/West Harbor. Will help a bit with lag and crashing.
- Added Xvart Village.
- Changed Spawns in High Hedge area.
- Xvart Village, High Hedge, and South of Candlekeep now use Trigger based spawning system which is different from all other area's.
- Fixed Flaming Fist Patrol Quest in BG.
- Basilisk Egg Quest no longer resets once per IG day.
- PP Script changed to only PP Gold.
- Changed shop buy back price.

[EDIT]
- Added names to UD area's for DM's. DM's can see them, players cannot.
- Moved Phaerlock and Goblin UD area names to "The Underdark" so they conform with the names of all the other UD area's.

And finally, you can get to the Xvart Village via High Hedge, or South of Beregost.
Administrator
Forum Moderator

10/23/09

- Thomas the Tanner Candlekeep Quest now works. Was tested IG this afternoon.
- Disarming Traps on Chest no longer gives XP. A player found a huge exploit related to this, so it has to be removed right now.
- Helmed Horrors corpses should decay and drop loot.
- Fixed flaming fist east harbor guards for quest.
- Put in fix to reset flaming fist patrol quest. This is untested as of right now.
- Candlekeep shop prices adjusted. Forgot to do those.
- Xvarts are a bit stronger. Xvart bear has higher AC.
- Increased number of Xvarts that spawn a little bit.
Administrator
Forum Moderator

I Forgot to post some recent changes.

10/25/09
- Added new voice sets for players.
- Reduced the size of the Sshamath core area's. This should help with lag and crashing.
- Re-did the shops a bit. Cleaned up some of the junk in them. All shops are smaller. This will help with lag.
- In Sshamath, redistributed the shops between the glorious wings, Sshamath Central, and a new area for shops. The new area can be accessed from the bizarre in Central Sshamath.
- Ship in Illmater temple is now gone. We have no idea how a ship ended up in the middle of the area.
Administrator
Forum Moderator

I Forgot to post some recent changes.

10/30/09
- Mithral armor in appearance changer should no longer be bugged and give you normal metal full plate.
- beginner shops with normal gear now set to infinite so the shops will not run out of weapons.
- Healing kit. Stacks of 10 added to beginner shops.
- A few more of the ACME armors added to full plate armor in the appearance changer. There seems to be a bug though in the full plate. If you go backwards in the changer you go from armor 135 to 130 and skip a few armor sets. You can then go forward to get to armor 131, 132, 133, and 134.
- 2 Other pieces of armor added to full plate. This armor only works for humans and elves I think. And not for any female. So some of you will see only a clothing with some armor pieces for this armor.
- Upped the monster loot drop rate from 9% to 10%. Yes, we take baby steps.
- Anyone making a half-drow now gets DROW as a language since we make you start in the Underdark.
- Song of Requiem - Changed so you cannot stay invisible, ethereal, or stealthed while it is active. It will pull you out of invisibility, etherealness, and stealth.
- Attempted to fix another issue with the Basalisk Egg Quest. If you were in a finished state where the wizard was mad at you, it would not reset. I put in code to start a reset timer if it got stuck in this state, but have not tested this.
- Changed the monster loot drop script a little bit for gems and poisons. 10 new gems and poisons added. And the loot drop strength has been set against the creature CR a bit. So low level creatures should stop dropping fancy gems and poisons.
- Bosses should give a little bit more xp. I have not tested this though. And if your level is substantially higher than the boss, you will not get the bonus.
Administrator
Forum Moderator

11/10/2009

MISCELLANEOUS - Area's, Loot, Shops, Etc.
- Player List GUI - No longer shows player location hint.
- Added Nashkel Mine Area's. 1 Exterior, and 3 Interiors This group is still missing 2 area's. I'm going to try and get them in by this weekend. The boss will be in one of the new area's, so no boss is in right now.
- Added a guild area (the guild will be informed).
- Changed the hill giants in Nashkel to new hill giant HAK we are using. Changed the giants around a bit as well stat & class wise. Some of the hill giants can also throw boulders for a ranged attack.
- A few new spawns were added to a couple of area's. Like the Lions way has a small chance of spawning a hill giant. A Lion, Efreeti, and Vorgouille were added to other area's.
- DM Area's added. 2 are bugged and need to be looked at. They cause a DM crash.
- All of iceshards items have been redone to remove some over the top stats. Available to DM's right now as DM re-wards
- Shop buy back increased to 1300.
- Blank Scroll Added to shop. I think it can be found at the mind flayer in the UD, and Phlydia's shop at Candlekeep.
- Change light in Sshamath area's and two other UD area's. This is causing graphics problems for people and will get changed.

NEW RACE - Tanarukk
  • This is a UD ONLY race. You can access it through the PLANETOUCHED races.
  • The Tanarukk's face is from the Races of Faerun HAK. It's an orc face with bigger teethe sticking out of it's mouth.
  • Tanarukk's are much smaller than orc's, so you should be able to distinguish between orc's and tanarukk's. Also tanarukk's have much bigger pointy teeth.
GUILD CLASSES ADDED - These can only be granted by a DM!
  • Thayan Knight
  • Flaming Fist Patrolman

Monster Loot Script Changes
  • Immunity to Spell List refined. Should no longer grant goofy spell immunity's like immunity to mass owls wisdom.
  • Bonus for Massive Critical changed. Should be a lot bigger now. Should never be 1. Should scale much better for higher CR drops.
  • Item bonus Hit Points changed. Should be a bit bigger now. Should never be 1. Should scale much better for higher CR drops.
  • Skill Bonus Discipline removed. It's an old skill in the 2DA the scripts were getting and using.

HAKs Added
Administrator
Forum Moderator

11/16/2009

- Last two Area's of the Nashkel Mine Complex are in. They are a Mine and Residence Area.
- The Residence has a boss and is completely run by triggers. So you have to move through the area to generate spawns.
- The Mine area is a mix of our random spawner and triggers. Some stuff will spawn if you stand there. Some will only spawn by moving through the area.
- DM Loot Area 2 is working now.
- Lighting in 3 Sshamath Area's, Cave outside Sshamath (Varalla), and the next cave to the west (West of Varalla) were changed again. They are very dark now. Hopefully the graphics glitches by the last lighting set should be fixed.
- Monster Loot drop increased to 12% (it was 10%).
- Buy back in Beregost and the Dwarf in Sshamath is 1500 now.
- Buy back at Malt and the Glorious wings is 1400.
- Everything else is still 1300.
- Some adjustments were made to the Nashkel Mine Complex Spawns.
- Some debug prints were added to raise dead and resurrect. If you get a failure and get any debug prints, please post it in the bug forum.
- PVP. I put back the subdual scritps we used prior to Beta9. Now if you get killed in PvP you go down for 60 seconds. You no longer get back up.
- Patched some PvP issue's that caused players to go to the Fugue (like bleeding to death during PvP).

For those of you that have been in the Nashkel complex, here is the locations to the doors for the 2 new area's.
You get to them from the main hall.
Administrator
Forum Moderator

11/20/2009
- Nashkel mine and residence work for real now. I tested it IG just now.
- Adjusted xvart to not spam moon bolt.
- Tweaked Lions way spawn rate for tiger and hill giant.

Return to “Announcements and Community Information”