Thank You Community for a Great 1351 Metaplot RP Year

The "Year of the Crown" Campaign

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Dialectic

Thank You Community for a Great 1351 Metaplot RP Year

Unread post by DM Dialectic »

Seeing that the 1351 metaplot is about over... I would like to shout out an enormous thank you to all of our terrific BGTSCC players and our wonderful RPing community this year that made so much awesome 1351 metaplot RP possible as well as to the entire DM team for creating a truly incredible metaplot year, with extra special mention to DM Theophanies, DM Bloodlust, and DM Golem for doing major heavy lifting of the metaplot DMing for 1351.

This past metaplot year, it appears that the DM team received, answered, and dynamically took into account more total player requests from a more widely diverse array of player social circles IC and OOC than ever before in a metaplot year on this server (Thank you players! Keep them coming for 1351 wrap-up and 1352!). This is something that we are going to try to do even better every year going forward as there is always room for improvement with this. It is no small feat that this all happened through multiple DDOS attacks on the server and bouts of OOC negativity that flare up from time to time on the server, but which our community (both player and staff) always perseveres through and overcomes, which just shows the dedication and unwavering overall positive attitude of our community's players and staff for the dual causes of quality RP and storytelling.

Here's to a great 1352...and 1353...and forever BGTSCC community =D! Thank you all so much again for a great 1351! Super super excitingly for 1352 is some new capability that we now have for updating (A bajillion thank yous to Duster and the Dev/QC teams for that) that was largely unavailable for the 1351 metaplot year.

In a different thread, at a later, but soon, date, we'll ask for player feedback on the 1351 metaplot and what folks would be interested in seeing for 1352. Please save that feedback for this future thread though!
DM Theophanies
Retired Staff

Re: Thank You Community for a Great 1351 Metaplot RP Year

Unread post by DM Theophanies »

A very hearty thank you to everyone for a very enjoyable campaign this year. I started the year calling for input which I used to shape much of the campaign which I really do hope was easily seen. I actually wrapped some of my personal storylines that I wove into the previous two campaigns and have been building since I became a DM back in 2014. A large thank you to the DM's past and present that put up with my constant nagging and harassment this year. Lastly a huge thank you to all the players who invested in the campaign! I hope it will be a memorable one for you and your characters!
DM Golem

Re: Thank You Community for a Great 1351 Metaplot RP Year

Unread post by DM Golem »

I definitely want to thank the DM team for being super active this year. We've had a more active and inclusive metaplot (both in terms of DMs and players) than in any other year during my time on the server, and we have had an active and cohesive team both working collaboratively on running events IG and on fufilling the backroom functions (something that is a thankless task compared to the glory of running IG events, yet no less important for the running of the server).

We have been busy, and but we've tried to keep answering requests a high priority. And we have had a lot! Mostly they have been connected with the metaplot; and mostly we have been successful in reacting to what has been requested. This is an area that is difficult, DM intensive, and an area we can always improve on.

The level of player engagement has been massive this year, and the inclusive energy in RP during the active parts of the plot has been heartening to see! I'm particularly glad we have been able to reach a very high number of players with the plotlines this metaplot year, and provide a range and scope of events. I'm particularly glad that when we have been asked to react to player RP, it has often been quite unexpected, and quite inventive!

This community is an old one (much older than my time here), and its endured many storms (our most recent - the DDOS - being particularly frustrating). We are all still here, telling stories together. As Dialectic expressed, long may it continue!

Golem

Return to “The 1351 (2015) Campaign”