Custom Content

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by Nemni »

A missing break statement ;) Fixed.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Blinding strike feat is now available for all to pick. Wasn't it rogue only?
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

Trying to prune some spells from a wizard's spellbook, and the following ones are being rather stubborn (Spellbook: you know no such spell!):
  • Icelance
  • Ilyykur's Mantle
  • Kaupaer's Quickblast
  • Laeria's Starbolts
  • Launch Bolt
  • Launch Stone
  • Snilloc's Snowball
  • Snilloc's Snowball Swarm
  • Thunderlance
I've tried both their original spellings and their original spellings with a space at the end as the string entry.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Svabodnik wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:54 am Trying to prune some spells from a wizard's spellbook, and the following ones are being rather stubborn (Spellbook: you know no such spell!):
  • Icelance
  • Ilyykur's Mantle
  • Kaupaer's Quickblast
  • Laeria's Starbolts
  • Launch Bolt
  • Launch Stone
  • Snilloc's Snowball
  • Snilloc's Snowball Swarm
  • Thunderlance
I've tried both their original spellings and their original spellings with a space at the end as the string entry.
Ty, will be sorted next update.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Svabodnik

Another stubborn spell I just stumbled across, also double-checked for the potential space at the end:
  • Tiramael's Energy Spheres
Thanks for looking into it. :)
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Svabodnik

Just leveled up on my wizard/guild thief, and in the patch notes it mentioned GT should properly give Simple Weapon/Light Armor proficiency now. I figured this would be retroactively granted on level-up, but seems that's not the case. I've no more levels of guild thief planned in the build. Would I need to ask a DM to manually add the feats to the character?

EDIT: Massive thanks to DM Vile Things for the help! Proficiencies now squared away.
Last edited by Svabodnik on Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svabodnik

The Rogue's 'Hide in the Shadows' ability seems to calculate the Reflex DC for being surrounded by multiple enemies incorrectly. The DC should be twice the highest BAB of the surrounding enemies, but from my experience it has been considerably lower. Typically it's Reflex DC 2 for two enemies, DC 4 for three enemies, and the highest I've gotten it was DC 10 for six enemies, leading me to believe that the way it's being calculated is ((n - 1) x 2) rather than (highest BAB x 2), where n is the number of surrounding enemies. The DC for just a single enemy seems to calculate correctly (BAB x 1), however.
Hidden: show
As a separate issue, Monk/MotLD progression may be giving more AC progression than intended. On a grey orc monk 25, with the last 9 levels in Monk of the Long Death (with all gear removed, following server reset and rest, to make sure I'm not subject to any unknown effects) I seem to be getting 32 AC, while on paper the character should only be seeing 30.

Code: Select all

Sum	Indiv.	Source
10	10 	Base
13	3 	DEX 16
20	7 	WIS 25
25	5 	Monk 25
27	2 	Tumble 28
28	1 	Luck of Heroes
30	2 	Macabre Experiements (MotLD 9)
EDIT: On reaching level 26 (and thus MotLD 10), the AC further increased by +2. Since this was the point at which Macabre Experiments was supposed to increase by +1, it seems as if double the intended AC bonus is applied.
The_Sorting_Hat

Unread post by The_Sorting_Hat »

Cascading Plague cannot be Empowered by the metamagic feat.
Domovoi

Unread post by Domovoi »

Summon Monster IX's DC for dispells is set at CL+1 instead of CL+10 making it much too easy to dispell.
Nemni
Custom Content

Unread post by Nemni »

The_Sorting_Hat wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:01 am Cascading Plague cannot be Empowered by the metamagic feat.
It wasn't really meant to be when it was created. But maybe it should be updated.
Svabodnik

The spellbook counter on log-in may incorrectly display that the spellbook limit is 250 for when trimming occurs, rather than >246 which happens on Studying a spell.
EDIT: Swapping to another (much older) character, conversely, and seems as if the trimming for learning new spells over the limit doesn't occur below 250 (potentially due to learning spells over the 246 limit through level-ups, rather than Study Spell).
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

This part of topic is very outdated, thus, i move it to archive.

Return to “Solved Problems”