Automatic Downloader Errors - HAK, TLK, TRX

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Duster47
Retired Staff

Automatic Downloader Errors - HAK, TLK, TRX

Unread post by Duster47 »

Sometimes players experience problems with the automatic downloader (ADL) system.

Occasionally it is me messing up the server-side files. Those quickly come to light if the server is still empty 5 minutes after it is running and I can log in. This means I did not put a file where it needs to be. It will be quickly remedied.

Sometimes many players logging in after a big update will swamp the ADL system and either time-out or get extraction errors. Wait a few minutes and try again.

If the problem file is a "TLK" (often) or "HAK" (lesser so), you may need to restart your NWN2 before the problem will resolve itself allowing the ADL to do its thing.

If you try the above and are still locked out due to ADL problems, then post in this thread indicating what files are causing problems. Other players here are generally responsive to share files via Dropbox or similar.

Please do not create a new thread. Once your problem is resolved, your post(s) might be deleted. Nothing personal. Just trying to keep these forums more orderly for my own sanity.

Where to put files:
*.tlk --> MyDocs(moreorless)/Neverwinter Nights 2/tlk - if not present, create folder named "tlk"
*.hak --> MyDocs(moreorless)/Neverwinter Nights 2/hak - if not present, create folder named "tlk"
MyDocs(moreorless)/Neverwinter Nights 2 - this is the folder where your local NWN2 files are kept. You should see other folder, modules, music, localvault, etc. in this folder. Very important:
chad878262 wrote:Don't go into the c:/program files/nwn2 folder, go to My Documents folder and look for nwn2
More technical stuff:
Hidden: show
Client-side area files are *.trx. They will go into your MyDocs(moreorless)/Neverwinter Nights 2/modules/Baldurs Gate TSCC folder. Files will be put into your music folder.

The ADL system does this using "LZMA" compressed files. If a download stalls you may find LZMA file(s) in the appropriate folder.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
vale100

Re: Automatic Downloader Errors - HAK, TLK, TRX

Unread post by vale100 »

From the update tonight - I get stuck at bg_S1.tlk

I've restarted several times, just to be sure sure - but that file causes problems with the ADL every time.

Thanks!
Mo'star - Half-Orc Druid of Silvanus
Bruhlyn Kent'tar - Wood Elf Arrow Assassin of Shevarash
Duster47
Retired Staff

Latest HAK/TLK for 24Mar2016 update:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/563 ... AK_TLK.rar
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow »

First time i cant download in my whole time on this server i think it is the end of this game for my time
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Locke, click the link above.

Download.

Unzip.

Put the .tlk file into your TLK folder (/Documents/NWN2)

Put the .hak file into your HAK folder. (/Documents/NWN2)

Reconnect to server & download the rest.

Play.

Easy? ;)
pimpjwp

Unread post by pimpjwp »

So that's the only way to download new update ?
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

If you're having troubles, follow the steps above and the rest of the download will complete.

And yes, I had the same troubles too.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

hmmmm... extracted the files to my tlk and hak folders, but the download still stops. it states bg_S1.tlk was extracted successfully but it can't be verified, contact administrator...

EDIT: NM....idiot should not attempt computer stuff before coffee! the stupid extraction tool extracted the files in to a newly created folder instead of the folder I directed them to...all good now.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Duster47
Retired Staff

Sorry about the TLK problem. It has a nasty bug wherein the ADL compiler does not detect a change if file size is the same. Then it does not update the MDR.xml file which tells directs the ADL to do its thing. Meanwhile the LZMA file for the ADL is different. Codes are mis-matched and it hangs.

Repairing this is at the top of my list now.

Follow Tsidkenu's instructions above.
V'rass

Unread post by V'rass »

Cant put the files in the TLK folder... don't have a TLK folder according to the file manager?
"To understand magic one must first understand magic."

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

V'rass wrote:don't have a TLK folder according to the file manager?
Create one, problem solved! 8-)
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

V'rass

Unread post by V'rass »

Might work but if there is no TLK folder then where are all the TLK files being put... cause i cant locate a single one yet i know there are at least 20 or more which were downloaded and they function?

chad878262
QC Coordinator

Are you looking in the my documents folder for nwn2 or the program folder? Haks, override, tlk, etc is in the my documents nen folder.

V'rass

Unread post by V'rass »

Im in the nwn2 file directory... there is no documents folder either?

chad878262
QC Coordinator

Don't go into the c:/program files/nwn2 folder, go to My Documents folder and look for nwn2

Return to “Solved Problems”