Serpent Lord Cave - Skuldusk Cave

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

electric mayhem

Serpent Lord Cave - Skuldusk Cave

Unread post by electric mayhem »

After defeating the Serpent Lord.
My character can't walk back across the bridge.
The magical blow back force keeps pushing her back onto the bridge, back towards the summoning circle for the lord.
Doomed to ever repeat trying to safely get back across.
Note, this only happens if I have a summoned companion with me.
Unsummoning, the character suffers 1 to 2 bouts of the magical blow dust. Then can break free and away.

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

Tsidkenu

Re: Serpent Lord Cave - Skuldusk Cave

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Why did you fight it on the bridge? First time I fought that thing I ran for it and battled it in the open cave area :P
electric mayhem

Unread post by electric mayhem »

*shrugs* Cause it invited my character to "Stay a while and --... oh my lizard gods, don't sta-..." - End of Battle.
:lol:

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

A means of bypassing the bridge in the zone (aside from Dimension Door/Ki Step/etc.) is to keep a spare '(Gem) Serpent Gem' in your inventory, since you can freely path along the bridge with one of those.

Note that on interacting with the Statue (assuming it has been kept the same since the last time I tested it) it will consume ALL of your Gems, regardless how many you have. So, simply split the stack, keep one in your inventory and drop the rest on the ground. Then summon the boss and pick up your spares afterwards. Think the last time I ran the zone I tended to save up 3-5 of the buggers in order to fight the boss a few times at once.

If you use this method, be wary that the snake has access to a fear effect, which may force you back across the bridge and it could leave your dropped gems at an inaccessible spot (though I think a simple Protection vs. Evil spell/wand may prevent that from happening - need to test it though, since I've previously used fear/mind-affecting immune characters).
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Miasmata
Retired Admin

Unread post by Miasmata »

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, electric mayhem.

This is currently being looked into.
Miasmata
Retired Admin

Unread post by Miasmata »

Thanks for bringing this to the DEV team’s attention. This post will be archived to denote the issue has been looked into and should be live next update.

Please be sure to start another thread and let us know if you find anything else like this in the future.

Return to “Solved Problems”