Horses Disappearing After RCR

Moderator: Moderator

Endelyon

Horses Disappearing After RCR

Unread post by Endelyon »

Seems like our packhorse system didn't work how I thought and people are losing their horses after an RCR. This is a general PSA to check your packhorse inventory and clean it out before RCRing, or those items will be gone.

If you tried to use a packhorse before the time of this post I still may be able to recover your items through a difficult and intensive process, I'm going to test it later. Shoot me a PM with your account name and the character that had the horse and I'll see what I can do about getting your items back (no promises though).

Anyone who loses a horse following the time of this post will not be considered for compensation, it is the player's responsibility to ultimately ensure that their items end up in the hands of their new character, not the system's or the admins' (and speaking realistically/frankly, I just don't have time to do 999 individual rollbacks per day).

Thank you for understanding.
Endelyon

Re: Horses Disappearing AFter RCR

This has been patched by Valefort. Horses shouldn't be disappearing anymore on character RCR. I'd still empty them out just in case until someone has time to test it and confirm.
Endelyon

Re: Horses Disappearing AFter RCR

What a morning.

To follow up on this, I'm 99% certain that this issue has been patched entirely, and I think I have restored everyone who was effected by the issue that I'm aware of. If you lost your horse and I haven't helped you yet (or contacted you about it) it's probably because I missed your message, as I had quite a few of them to do, but be persistent and message me again on Discord or the forums and I'll work with you to get your horse restored from our backups.
Calodan

Re: Horses Disappearing After RCR

Unread post by Calodan »

I noticed that there is an option to STABLE the horse if you are currently dominating your horse. I.E. have the reins. One can stable their horse and then RCR once the RCR is complete and you get a DM to change your name back to the original name you can then go to the horse guy and ask he fetch your horse from the stable! I am guessing by putting the horse to the stable you are basically making it work like the storage system at that point?

Return to “Archive”