Server Split Test Bugs Thread

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Snarfy

Re: Server Split Test Bugs Thread

Unread post by Snarfy »

ajcolt wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:32 pm
Rhifox wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:09 pm Tried to transition to server 2 again and it just disconnected me to main menu. Upon logging in again, I got the looping issue. I can't seem to get back onto the server without looping.
^^^same with me. I tried nexus option to soubar and looped and crashed. Then I went to roaring shore and tried used the transition to the fields of the dead and loopcrash. That toon is no longer able to log in without looping errors and crashing.
What I think is happening is that, when going from one server to the other, the game is dumping you right on transition. And the markers are set so that if you even walk on them/brush them with your toe hairs you'll transition. Is there a way to set the transition markers to be mouse-click only?

*Edit* - Also, I watched a few others log off a medium distance away from the server-transition, but when they logged back on it seemed to shuffle them back beside/on the transition, causing them to go into the loop.
SandTrout

Unread post by SandTrout »

The Appearance Changer tool (the one you buy from Aello, not the one from the game menu) seems to be no longer working. I also bought a new one, just in case, and the same thing there, none of the dialog options actually apply any appearance changes.

Also, the BG Storage system seems to be wonked out. I'm seeing "Showing item 1-17 of 17" but only 4 items are actually displaying, spaced apparently randomly.
https://gyazo.com/f3028bc5f43b4be200118103d8a0e788
Character: Krianda Shortshank
The storage "bug" appears to be location-dependent storage, rather than a bug. I wasn't aware this was a thing, and I don't think it was a thing until the recent server split.
Last edited by SandTrout on Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martel Serephil
Seandra Browning
Lecxe

Unread post by Lecxe »

When moving from S1 to S2 stealth mode switches off and shows the cooldown of 6h. Moving between servers not in the stealth mode seems fine - can enter stealth mode right after loggin to the new server.

Edit: the next attempt to move between servers (1-->2) while in stelth mode ended up in the loop of logging in.

Edit 2: Exiting the game and logging result in revisiting game main menu.
InTheFlesh
Custom Content

Unread post by InTheFlesh »

My character Rhaeg appears to be unable to enter the Halls of Inner Light, similarly to this instance. It looks like it might have somehow been a result of this particular test.
Truthiness
Retired Staff

Unread post by Truthiness »

Sendings won't work cross-server, due to it being tied to tells.

The whole resetting modes thing does bring stealthers out of stealth, which is kinda problematic.

It's somewhat problematic to know who's online through the scry, because people often hide their scry entirely for multiple reasons.
Lord Fenix Wandersoul - Chaos is a ladder
Truthiness
Retired Staff

Unread post by Truthiness »

Blessed Aim and Hawkeye get removed on server transfer. I'm guessing some other spells also get removed, but not sure which.

EDIT: Mind Blank and Bless gets removed as well.
Lord Fenix Wandersoul - Chaos is a ladder
FallingStar

Unread post by FallingStar »

The notification of the lewd painting on the Helm and Cloak's ceiling did not trigger on any level of the hallway. :crying-yellow:
Justicia ex umbra.
Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero »

Meanwhile it popped twice for me when I went through the area.
Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
blowuup

Unread post by blowuup »

I went to Server 3, back to Server 2, and then went to the Nexus through Norm Smith.
I was able to warp back to the Farmlands by logging in through Server 3.
Masero

My Characters
Aria "Traveling Sorceress and Monster Slayer"
Edazarode "Champion of Tempos"
Nigel Oldfield "Butler of Darkhold"
Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow »

I try to go to soubar from nexus it didt work well couse whan i was in soubar i got junmp back in nexus and i try agian but it just repet the same over and over so i stop goine to soubar from nexus and go on thounder road
Oarthias
Custom Content

Unread post by Oarthias »

Summons from wands or scrolls do not transfer servers.

Horses transferring to the other server with you in combat areas, die ... quickly. >.<

When you die on server 2 and no one raises you... your corpse lingers there even though you respawned.

Northlander and Exposes weakness are turned off on transitions this a problem when shifted because you need to unshift to turn them back on.

Note: You can get out of the loop... if you click on a transition manually during one of the pauses, it has unstuck all of my characters.
~Vanira (Boots)~
Captain, Order of the Radiant Heart & A Councilor of Doron Amar
~Menolly Silverarrow~
Druidess and Elixir Maker
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

The live test is concluded. Obviously we still have some minor problems to work out so we'll post again to schedule another test when the final problems are ironed out.

Return to “Solved Problems”