Weird language bug on reroll

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

LevelSix_SYSTEM

Weird language bug on reroll

Unread post by LevelSix_SYSTEM »

Finally finished planning my build for the most part & went to reroll, deleting & rerolling with same name(Eldritci the *Assistant*), but for some reason the languages are bugging out?
On the character I had deleted I had the following languages:
-Common
-Halfling
-Undercommon
-Draconic
-Jotun

When I rerolled for some reason I missing the Halfling one entirely & the last three I chose aren't anywhere on the list?
Not sure if starting with 15 INT instead of 16 that the deleted character had may have done something weird, for some reason I started next to the 'reaper' NPC?

Is this something that might be fixed automatically after server reset & I skip picking languages for now?
Or maybe delete & wait to reroll 'after' the server reset?
whatsittoya

Re: Weird language bug on reroll

Unread post by whatsittoya »

This is why the recommended strategy for RCRing with the exact same name is to 'store' the character at the RCR NPC before a reset and then wait until after the reset to recreate them.
Gemma, Dawnbringer
Sigrid, Bear Warrior
Kamila, Circus Performer
Grimhilda, Sea Witch
Geir, Man-Hunter
Astrid, SorcerICE
LevelSix_SYSTEM

whatsittoya wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:18 pm This is why the recommended strategy for RCRing with the exact same name is to 'store' the character at the RCR NPC before a reset and then wait until after the reset to recreate them.
Think I interacted with that NPC but it didn't give me any options, just some comment about not being able to except XP except for on new characters?
The RCR NPC is the Treant in the Nexus correct?
whatsittoya

Unread post by whatsittoya »

Yes.

You can only store XP from one character at a time.

If no XP is currently stored, talking to the RCR NPC deletes your character but saves their XP and their gold.

If you're using this system to recreate a character using the exact same name, then you want to use the RCR NPC to delete them while saving their XP and gold before a reset and then recreate the character using the exact same name after a reset has occurred.

This is how you avoid these kinds of bugs.
Gemma, Dawnbringer
Sigrid, Bear Warrior
Kamila, Circus Performer
Grimhilda, Sea Witch
Geir, Man-Hunter
Astrid, SorcerICE
LevelSix_SYSTEM

whatsittoya wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:34 pm Yes.

You can only store XP from one character at a time.

If no XP is currently stored, talking to the RCR NPC deletes your character but saves their XP and their gold.

If you're using this system to recreate a character using the exact same name, then you want to use the RCR NPC to delete them while saving their XP and gold before a reset and then recreate the character using the exact same name after a reset has occurred.

This is how you avoid these kinds of bugs.
Hrmmm... I'm gonna roll up a brand new character and see if I somehow withdraw any 'stored' xp, cause that's what I feel like is going on from the NPC's comment not letting me do it on the Eldritci character
LevelSix_SYSTEM

OK.... :think: :?

Brand new character & its saying I cant withdraw the XP I apparently have 'stored'...?? :shock: :(
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Please have a look if you have your old PC that your RcRed in your vault. If not and you still can't withdraw experience with new PC that has <1000 xp, please PM DM team for help with it.
LevelSix_SYSTEM

EasternCheesE wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:52 pm Please have a look if you have your old PC that your RcRed in your vault. If not and you still can't withdraw experience with new PC that has <1000 xp, please PM DM team for help with it.
As far as I know I never RCRed 'any' of my alts?
I never interacted with the Treant before trying to figure out 'why' I have stored XP but the brand new named character I just rolled with zero XP cant withdraw it either....
Do I need to PM 'in game' somehow or someone here in the forums?
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

Most likely the tree doesn't have any exp stored on it. That's why you can't withdraw anything.

When you rerolled your character, did you delete it through the tree, or through the reaper? Because if you did it through the reaper, that is a permanent deletion that does not save exp.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
LevelSix_SYSTEM

Rhifox wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:06 pm Most likely the tree doesn't have any exp stored on it. That's why you can't withdraw anything.

When you rerolled your character, did you delete it through the tree, or through the reaper? Because if you did it through the reaper, that is a permanent deletion that does not save exp.
Yeah every character I deleted I used the reaper, think there was one that I sacrificed some XP to the Mephit?
That's something completely separate than RCR correct? From what I can tell its just to 'de-level' to redo or fix build right?
Rhifox

Unread post by Rhifox »

LevelSix_SYSTEM wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:30 pm
Rhifox wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:06 pm Most likely the tree doesn't have any exp stored on it. That's why you can't withdraw anything.

Yeah every character I deleted I used the reaper, think there was one that I sacrificed some XP to the Mephit?
That's something completely separate than RCR correct? From what I can tell its just to 'de-level' to redo or fix build right?
Correct.

Imp: Removes exp. This exp cannot be restored. Used for deleveling.
Reaper: Deletes character. Everything on the character, including exp, is permanently removed.
Tree: Saves exp and gold, then deletes character. The exp and gold can then be recovered on a new character.
LevelSix_SYSTEM

Rhifox wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:43 pm

Correct.

Reaper: Deletes character. Everything on the character, including exp, is permanently removed.
Tree: Saves exp and gold, then deletes character. The exp and gold can then be recovered on a new character.
OK, I've realized that some things do seem to carry over if you use the reaper NPC then re-roll with the same name though
It seems the stash remains intact for starters but I think this is also what is causing the known language bugs once I log into a re-rolled alt with same name

Thanks for the help & clarifying what each NPC is for
Rhifox

Unread post by Rhifox »

LevelSix_SYSTEM wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:49 pm
Rhifox wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:43 pm

Correct.

OK, I've realized that some things do seem to carry over if you use the reaper NPC then re-roll with the same name though
It seems the stash remains intact for starters but I think this is also what is causing the known language bugs once I log into a re-rolled alt with same name

Thanks for the help & clarifying what each NPC is for
Storage is saved according to account and player name. So if you reroll under the same name, you will get access to the storage.

The language bug happens because redundant character files remain in the server cache until the server resets, at which point they are flushed. This is why it is recommended to delete/RCR your character, then do not recreate until after the next reset. This way you ensure all redundant data has been purged and you are coming in with a fresh slate.

Return to “Solved Problems”