State of the Server (2017-2018)

Moderator: Moderator

Maecius
Retired Admin

Re: State of the Server (2017-2018)

Unread post by Maecius »

21 July 2018

Hi everyone! I have returned from my (mis)adventures in the Grand Canyon. I'll take just a moment to brag about the fact that I (somehow) managed to hike down to the river and back to the rim. And here's some eye candy for you from that hike:
Hidden: show
The main reason for this update, though, is to let you know that Aspect of Sorrow has stepped down from BG:TSCC's administration team to pursue other projects. We would like to thank him for his many contributions to the server, and we wish him all the best.

Alas, I suppose this means I'll have to put my retirement plans on hold again. I think it was Woody Allen who took an old Yiddish proverb and spun it into "if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans?" Well, I feel like the universe laughs every time Maecius talks about retirement or someone suggests that crafting is coming soon to BG:TSCC. :lol:

But that's the latest. Happy gaming everyone! And thank you for not burning this place down during my time away!
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

30 July 2018

Hi everyone,

Starting sometime in September, we will be opening up a 100% RCR period. The period will likely last about one month, and we'll announce an exact date when we get a little closer to it.

We intend to do this for a handful of reasons:

1) We will be releasing a lot of new faces and other aesthetics in the coming weeks, and we want people to be able to play the character appearances they feel best suit their characters;
2) We would like to release a new class or some additional systems during this period (over the next month or two), and want people to be able to take advantage of them if we're able to do so in time;
And 3) We feel it would help with some of the stagnation players feel about their characters or their place on the server, until we can begin introducing more dynamic map changes and some other neat systems we're intending to move forward on in the next several months.

Again, we don't have an exact date just yet -- just that we're planning for sometime in September. But we wanted to let everyone know that this is "in the works," so that it's something players can be cognizant of in deciding whether to RCR in the meantime. We don't want anyone to be caught off-guard RCRing like the day before we unleash 100% RCRs. :D

Thanks everyone. Let us know if you have questions!
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

8 October 2018

This is just a one-week reminder that the 100% RCR period is scheduled to end next week -- on 15 October 2018!
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

11 October 2018

Per the request of the devs -- who will be rolling out new deities and possibly a few new faces in the next couple of weeks -- Endelyon and I have decided to postpone terminating the 100% RCR period until after the end of October.

Your treat this year will be continued free RCRs until after Halloween. :P We'll plan, for the time being, to end 100% RCRs on or shortly after November 2, 2018.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

1 November 2018

Because we did not actually get an update staged during the two-week extension period, we have decided to extend the 100% RCR period out two more weeks -- it will now last until November 15, 2018.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

16 November 2018

Two notices tonight!
Notice #1:
For those who didn't hear it from one of the other venues we've advertised it to, the 100% RCR period is officially ended.

All RCRs will be at the normal rates now.
Notice #2:
The phpBB version we've used to build our forum is being discontinued at the end of the month. As such, we are being forced to upgrade to a newer version of phpBB.

Zanniej has been working as much as he can on converting our forum to the new system with as few hiccups as possible, but it'll take some getting used to for everyone once we flip that switch. Not only will it look a bit different, but there may be some features that don't work as intended, or even some issues with access.

Please be patient with us during the conversion process. We will try to have everything sailing smoothly again as soon as we can!
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

8 December 2018

Just sharing the good news that BG:TSCC got a mention in an online gaming article about NWN1 and NWN2:

https://massivelyop.com/2018/12/08/the- ... ights-1-2/

Feel free to discuss it here if desired: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=68384
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

17 December 2018

It's time for me to start working on forum organization again. You may notice threads being archived or moved around a bit over the next few weeks. I do not plan on deleting anything at this time.

I'll also be updating the wiki. I will try to ensure that most of our pertinent information makes it there too.

The general idea is that the wiki will be the best source of general information and lore, while the forum will be best source for news. There will remain some duplication of information -- but I feel like a dozen announcements or sticky threads is visually overwhelming and distracting. So I'm aiming to clean things up a bit!

Return to “Archive”