Forum Status

For Issues You Are Having with the Forums

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Zanniej
Barn manager

Forum Status

Unread post by Zanniej »

Forum status
I'll be keeping a list here of all known issues and wishes for the forum, and keep it up to date. Please check here before posting new items.

Bugs:
  • mails not working
Features:
  • enhanced mobile site (responsive)
  • RSS feed
  • Different clock formats
  • SSL
Under consideration:
  • Change URL structure
    We could change the URL structure of the forum, so that the URL's become more readable. However, this might make old links incorrect. I still need to check that out.
  • Update forum version [In progress]
    This enables some new features, but updating might also give issues.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
Zanniej
Barn manager

Re: Forum Status

Unread post by Zanniej »

Update log

A couple of the things I've done lately, for your information:
  • Updated playercounter
  • Speed optimization (Caching, databaserepair)
  • Fixed emails
  • Added RSS feed to site
  • Implemented own clock (no longer external iFrame)
  • Added timezones to clock
Next on the agenda is a complete forum update, to the latest version of the software, as well as changing all links at the same time.
This will cause me to pull down the forum for up to half an hour to do the actual update. The exact date and time is yet to be announced.
If possible I might even add SSL (security) to the site at the same time. Otherwise this will follow later.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Update log

A new list of updates
  • Updated SSL certificate
  • Added "Reply All"-button to PMs (if someone's willing to make an image fitting to the site, you're welcome to!)
  • Moved page title to start of the title in the top! That way you can keep the tabs separated, instead of all showing the same title.
  • Updated the forum to latest minor version ( latest major version is yet to come )
  • I might've missed some minor tweaks I've also done, but if you find them, enjoy!
Next on the list is the major update, and a better mobile site. I might role out the mobile site all at once, or in smaller pieces, not sure yet.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

I've been altering some BBCodes (the codes you use to add tables, formatting, youtube videos etc.).

The following BBCodes should be functioning a lot better now:
  • Tables (With help from Chambordini), you can now keep the tables formatted while editting them, without getting huge amounts of whitespace above the tables.
  • Youtube, these should now also work (or only work?) with https. The Youtube default URL. Unfortunately, it doesn't work retroactively.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Update log

Buongiorno principessa! A new list of small updates
  • Added the FR date below the normal date (per this topic)
  • Added a tiny button, cozily tucked below the bottom pagination of the personal message overview, to open all unread messages of the current page. Keep in mind that you should allow the forum to open popups for this to work.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Might as well use this topic once more.

Changes done today:
  • Couple of changes to the looks of the signatures and quotes by Steve (Thanks Steve!)
  • Made the overview a bit more legible on mobile. It's by no means perfect, but at least a bit better.
  • I recovered the Faerun calendar. So that's working again!
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Update log

Hola amigos! Just a small heads up. I had to remove the option to use remote avatars. What that means is that the tiny avatar picture you have, can no longer be hosted on another site than our forums. That has to do with the security of our forum. Unfortunately, all people with a remotely hosted avatar, will no longer have their avatar.

You can quite easily upload it anew, however :)

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Should you have any further questions, you know where to find me!
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Update log

There I was, enjoying a couple of days off. Spent a bit less time on the forums, and was enjoying the sun.
Lovely! Had a great couple of days on the other side of the country.

So, today I restarted my regular working life. But before that, I thought: Let's check the forums!

90+ messages!

Anyway, I re-added the "Open all unread" button to the bottom of your inbox, right next to the mark all / unmark all buttons. You should allow popups from the forums for it to work though. But after that, you're golden! No more clicking all your different PMs! :)

Enjoy!
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Update log

Forum has been updated. Among these updates, the broken marking/deleting of PMs has been fixed again.

Enjoy! :)

EDIT: Oh, and the Search functionality is working again. Thanks for reminding me Steve! (also for reminding me to fix it! ;-) )
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)

Return to “Forums”