Expected forum downtime

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Quality Control, DM

Zanniej
Barn manager

Expected forum downtime

Unread post by Zanniej »

Please be mindful that there will be an expected forum downtime somewhere today of a couple of hours, with possibly some small issues after that.

With this downtime we're expecting to keep data-loss to a minimum (if any at all), while we move the forum to a new host. This will most likely solve all loading issues, and probably a hand full of other issues.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
Zanniej
Barn manager

Re: Expected forum downtime

Unread post by Zanniej »

The downtime is expected to start around 12:00 GMT. It will last about an hour. You will not be able to access the forum in the meantime.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

The forum is back up, on the new hosting.
Current downside is that HTTPS isn't working yet, due to the recent transfer. That should be working within a day though.

Unfortunately, that might mean you won't be able to log in yet, and won't be able to see this message either.

Known issues are infinite redirects and missing images. That will be fixed tomorrow latest.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

All is back up, and seemingly without further issues. It seems some profile images might have gone missing in the move, due to removing all references to bgtscc1.com. You might have to re-upload your image.

If you find any other issues, please feel free to PM me.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)

Return to “Solved Problems”