Runes should have no weight

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Quality Control, DM

niapet

Runes should have no weight

Unread post by niapet »

Runes represent memories, they are a game-play mechanic. Theretofore they should have no weight. It would also be nice to have a rune bag to keep them in that nothing else could go in. However, making the weight 0.0 is the main priority.

Before anyone says they only weigh 0.3 ... yeah that's a lot for casters.. you know.. the ones that need to carry a bunch of these things around!
Elspeth Silverleaf "Is a thing good because the gods say it is so? Or is there objective good in the universe?"
Cherry Thistleknot "Cherry, like the tree, Druids like trees"
Zanniej
Barn manager

Re: Runes should have no weight

Unread post by Zanniej »

Same should hold true for the DMFI tool, if you ask me :-) (but I know, nobody asked me :-P )

Not sure if it's possible, but if it is, then I vote for it (on both accounts)! :-P
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

Zanniej wrote:Same should hold true for the DMFI tool, if you ask me :-) (but I know, nobody asked me :-P )

Not sure if it's possible, but if it is, then I vote for it (on both accounts)! :-P
What tools have weight??? Yeah that should go too!
Elspeth Silverleaf "Is a thing good because the gods say it is so? Or is there objective good in the universe?"
NegInfinity

Unread post by NegInfinity »

I proposed it before, nothing came out of it:
viewtopic.php?t=51406&p=651487
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

This has been discussed before and likely was just forgotten about. I will post to the staff forums and poke dev to see if someone can address this. Pretty sure it was agreed they should not have weight. Taking up inventory slots is penalty enough for the ability to jump areas on the server.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
NegInfinity

Unread post by NegInfinity »

chad878262 wrote:This has been discussed before and likely was just forgotten about. I will post to the staff forums and poke dev to see if someone can address this. Pretty sure it was agreed they should not have weight. Taking up inventory slots is penalty enough for the ability to jump areas on the server.
Consider setting up a bugtracker using Jira or something else.

If you haven't got one already, that is.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

NegInfinity wrote:
chad878262 wrote:This has been discussed before and likely was just forgotten about. I will post to the staff forums and poke dev to see if someone can address this. Pretty sure it was agreed they should not have weight. Taking up inventory slots is penalty enough for the ability to jump areas on the server.
Consider setting up a bugtracker using Jira or something else.

If you haven't got one already, that is.
The Devs have one, but QC doesn't have access so not sure what they use.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

I'm still thinking these should have no weight. They represent memories, memories have no weight.
Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Memories fade. You store something more accurate into the rune or leaf holder, which prevents you from teleporting into a wall, or something like that...

That said, I am indifferent about this.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

Well, why do Blood Magus Blood Droughts and Scars carry so much weight?

Someone with a full body tattoo in the real world would have to have a 14 Str just to get around, heaven help them if they carry a cookbook with them... they would be encumbered! :D

It has been brought up before. The runes are only there to help facilitate the game mechanic spell. We are already spending coin to teleport AND to mark the rune.

I wouldn't mind seeing stuff that makes things work in game be null weight.

Arrows and scrolls, sure thing, put weight on em, but not those in game workarounds to make stuff work.
Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Hawke wrote:Arrows and scrolls, sure thing, put weight on em, but not those in game workarounds to make stuff work.
Sure, just lower the mob and boss hitpoints, too... so you do not have to have thousands of arrows just to go through a single in game area.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Vogar Eol
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Vogar Eol »

I hear that. My Archer carries a full page of arrow stacks per leveling trip.

As for the original idea, I hope Chad breathed some life into getting it changed.
Vogar Eol - Dwarf, "I likes pixie wine. It just be hard catching enough pixies to squeeze."

Rashal - Lady's Man, "What do you call a male elf? Pathetic, as it were."
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

Hawke wrote:Well, why do Blood Magus Blood Droughts and Scars carry so much weight?

Someone with a full body tattoo in the real world would have to have a 14 Str just to get around, heaven help them if they carry a cookbook with them... they would be encumbered! :D

It has been brought up before. The runes are only there to help facilitate the game mechanic spell. We are already spending coin to teleport AND to mark the rune.

I wouldn't mind seeing stuff that makes things work in game be null weight.

Arrows and scrolls, sure thing, put weight on em, but not those in game workarounds to make stuff work.
This is what I have been thinking. I understand not having weight on arrows, mostly because of the sheer number of arrows needed to kill something (as opposed to say one from a real bow). But I also think that the runes should be zero weight. Its amazing how much runes and scrolls and wands add up.
electric mayhem

Unread post by electric mayhem »

Especially since they take a whole inventory slot... each.

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”