BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
24/96
Last counter update:
2018-09-22 09:52:02

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Swift tracker for Bear Warriors
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:10 am 

I thought about this today, and I see only one solution of this problem. Add swift tracker as a bonus feat for bear warrior at level 9. Yes, playing bear warrior would still be painful, but it is the least that can be done. I am, as a bear warrior player, tired of being constantly outplayed due to mechanical limitations (I need about a second of time and whole my attention to manually click at different buttons, while my opponent can do it immediately via hotkeys without even looking to the screen).

Known as:
Dasha — Smuggler, troublemaker, grandmaster of losing duels (Happy end?)
Gerfrex — Sneaky orc, self-proclaimed master of shadows (Active)
Zul (Zulandi Ukwanda) — The glorious beggar (Active)
Alkor Deezelisk — Notorious spellcaster from Amn (Dead inside)

Please don't metagame my journals.

Post subject: Re: Swift tracker for Bear Warriors
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:59 am 

KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote:
I thought about this today, and I see only one solution of this problem. Add swift tracker as a bonus feat for bear warrior at level 9. Yes, playing bear warrior would still be painful, but it is the least that can be done. I am, as a bear warrior player, tired of being constantly outplayed due to mechanical limitations (I need about a second of time and whole my attention to manually click at different buttons, while my opponent can do it immediately via hotkeys without even looking to the screen).

Regardless of this, you should never feel "outplayed" in PvP in a game like this.

You could play perfectly, and still lose to a failed roll, or a simply superior piece of equipment.

For outplaying people, there's DotA2. Even better, chess, if you can play it.

Best of luck with your endeavors, and happy RPing.

"Life is nothing in itself. It’s a place marker that proves who’s winning, and we are the winners. Even winning means nothing. We win because it’s an insult to lose. The ends don’t justify the means. The means don’t justify the ends. There is no one to justify to. There is no justice."

Post subject: Re: Swift tracker for Bear Warriors
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 pm 

Yeah, sorry, gonna have to disagree with you on the "Bear Warriors are disadvantaged by the GUI." As mentioned in your last thread, all GUI elements--including the BW bar--can be dragged to wherever is convenient. And there's the 3rd party mouse macro option.

I have an epic BW that I've played since release. Sure it took a little time to get used to not having KD bound to number 2, but I haven't had any problems since that first week.

I've also played a HiPS-ing shape-shifter to level 20. Shadow dancing with a mouse is definitely a lot more inconvenient than toggling Track and KD for a BW.

Would I like to have access to our hotbars for stuff like Taunt? Sure. But the hotbar thing is something that impacts ALL shifters. Making concessions for BWs is just going to cause headaches for the staff.