Meat

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Lockonnow

Meat

Unread post by Lockonnow »

can we get the meat from the bear there many bears a round the server but i like the meat to be add
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Re: Meat

Unread post by Tekill »

Bear meat, red meat...so unhealthy.
Can we get some kale in the game for pete sakes!
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Akroma666

Unread post by Akroma666 »

Storm - The Blade Flurry
Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar
Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter
Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane
Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Orcs want the kale to be baby kale... eating kale babies is evil and savage
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

Please keep it on topic.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

You can collect bear meat in game....
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Scorpius

Unread post by Scorpius »

What would be awesome is... If we had to eat and drink in-game based on a time set so they would not only be esthetic...

Having applied some penalties if you don't or if you are starving would increase Gameplay

plz implement system where you have to fead your pc... Many items ig are actually nice to play with... Already found Water, berries, cheese, bread, ect... But nobody cares atm... They get cloak of regeneration then just forget about food...

Having that system would. Make people use them alright and for good reasons

Maybe even add death sentence if you don't eat or drink for too much days
Daishi Tora
Kensei, Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Tora sword technic. (Phoenix Company), seeking "The Way"(Follower of the old order), Bladestone Foundation
Kaoi Kaze - Crimson Blade - Blackrose - Last Order
Isha Yahto - Shaman
Lockonnow

MRookhai ,spawn of whitetooth do not give meat and we dont have polar bear on the server i remember the boss bear in Durlags tower is a polar bear but the bear do not give bear meat
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

Not sure what a system like that would look to achieve. For the people that already RP eating food, it would extraneous. For those that do not, it would be inconvenient. I imagine an oft-seen scenario that would arise would be some PC getting hit by a hunger tick in the middle of running a dungeon, turning to their fellow adventurers, muttering a quick "Give me a moment to recuperate" before snarfing down three cabbages, two sausages, and a Graz'zt's Salty Chocolate Balls dish that they snagged back at the Mermaid last time they were running The Captain's Crew quest, all in the span of six unique item interactions.

In my opinion, a system such as that would offer nothing towards embellishing the RP with other players. Instead, it may turn something that may immerse a player in the setting (considering the dietary wants and needs of their character) into a dull and rote mechanics-driven responsibility to avoid a slew of debuffs.

EDIT: To clarify, replying in Scorpius's suggestion.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
samb123

Unread post by samb123 »

Scorpius wrote:What would be awesome is... If we had to eat and drink in-game based on a time set so they would not only be esthetic...

Having applied some penalties if you don't or if you are starving would increase Gameplay
No, no, it wouldn't. It would just be a massive bother. If you want to play a survival sim, there's games besides what's presented here.
Malign Ashmeddai, tiefling and "Fellblade"
Biography | Fell Epiphanies
Ilzsa Murnyethara, tiefling and "Hexmage"
Biography
"Betrayer... In truth, it was I who was betrayed [...]" (Illidan Stormrage, The Frozen Throne)
Scorpius

meh if you think so...

beside... lots of games were improved with that system calling it a "hardcore" mode...

anyway...

Food should not only be a futile bother for the inventory...
you should try to find a way to make it worth it in the end or people will continue to rely on
REGEN cloacks...
Daishi Tora
Kensei, Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Tora sword technic. (Phoenix Company), seeking "The Way"(Follower of the old order), Bladestone Foundation
Isha Yahto - Shaman
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

I used to play on a nwn1 server where you not only had to eat and drink (and your char got severe fatigue penalties for not doing so), you also had to hunt/buy that food, clog your inventory with it for travel/adventuring and so on. Not terribly fun, although everyone did it because it was better than the alternative (stat penalties).

Same server had bedrolls for resting, and if you rested in armour heavier than light or without a bedroll (ranger & druid excluded) you received fatigue penalties. Bedroll requirement for resting outside of inns to avoid fatigue might be nice. Just saying...
Scorpius

I like that bedroll thing

that makes me think... we have that pc tool with pitch tent that nobody use.. people rest anyplaces atm...
why not doing that you have to use bedroll or pitch tent in order to be resting... or go at the inn to rest...

I think many aspect of this server are still unexploited
Daishi Tora
Isha Yahto - Shaman
Lockonnow

Tsidkenu you woke up couse you under attack what wil lyou do attack run or hide i na tent?
Scorpius

Take the tent, take the tent !

lol
Daishi Tora
Isha Yahto - Shaman

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”