Item Appearance Transfer- Blueprint- Mirroring Tool Thingy

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Tekill
Recognized Donor

Item Appearance Transfer- Blueprint- Mirroring Tool Thingy

Unread post by Tekill »

No doubt this has been recommended before- and no doubt I am too lazy to try and find the previous thread of the same/similar recommendation(s)- and no doubt I can not offer any advise on how to implement my suggestion.

But, that said, irregardles- :dance:

It would be very nice if we had a tool or ability, or something, to blueprint or mirror, our items appearances so that we can transfer said appearance on to new/different/better items we find.

One of the other servers (I bleive it was the Skullport one) had customized appearance generators. They were the ones where you changed your items appearance in front of a large mirror in game. The one in this game is much better but once cool thing about that appearance changer, was that you could create a blueprint of an item, say a pair of boots, that then could be used to make any boots have exact same same look as the blueprint.

This is one of those "wouldnt it be nice" kind of suggestions.
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Sun Wukong

Re: Item Appearance Transfer- Blueprint- Mirroring Tool Thi

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Store the armor/weapon appearance into an 'Armor/Weapon' Mold. The game comes with stock Armor/Weapon Molds that could be used, at least their icons.

Then the player just talks to some NPC who takes measurements and gives the option to change the appearance of an item for you. You might even have the NPC charge a nominal fee for the service.

It would make guild uniforms easier to manage. A player could just get a mold and copy their armor appearance in order to pass it around.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
V'rass

Re: Item Appearance Transfer- Blueprint- Mirroring Tool Thi

Unread post by V'rass »

Please add this... i used a very complex color scheme for my armor and now i cant remember it.
(Yeah i know its black lol but its the perfect shade of black that matters since i have OCD.) Something like this would be a gift from God.
"To understand magic one must first understand magic."

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”