Good aligned PvE

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

aaron22
Recognized Donor

Good aligned PvE

Unread post by aaron22 »

Can there be some good aligned areas on the server. Don't need 1-30 with multiple options for each CR. but like a 10-15-20-25 would be great.

Thanks
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Steve
Recognized Donor

Re: Good aligned PvE

Unread post by Steve »

Who says those bandits aren't Robin Hood types?!?

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Steve wrote:Who says those bandits aren't Robin Hood types?!?
their alignment. :)
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

Not sure of what this is asking. Most surface areas are flooded with capital-E 'Evil' enemies, which may in turn call of a dose of Good smiting. If you're asking for areas filled with Good-aligned enemies, what would be the lore-wise inclination for the enemies being immediately hostile to the average adventurer willing to poke their head into the zone?

The most readily available example may be overly-protective Good-aligned fey guarding their deep-forest groves, but it would be awkward to introduce even such zones without a means for a wayward adventurer to talk (and walk) their way out of the confrontation.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Svabodnik wrote:If you're asking for areas filled with Good-aligned enemies, what would be the lore-wise inclination for the enemies being immediately hostile
I'm an orc!!
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

aaron22 wrote:I'm an orc!!
Orcs are XP Aaron, you know that....

j/k bro :D

In all seriousness, Svabodnik brings up the crux of the issue, but it's only part of it...

1. Outdoor areas take up more space, pretty sure no new outdoor areas are being created.
2. So now your good mobs need to be inside...Dwarves? what is the IC explanation for these Dwarves attacking when a delegation arrives from Kraak Helzak?
3. The server is primarily designed with the 'standard' D&D adventuring party in mind, thus those that are welcome in towns and cities, not monster races. While monster races are supported on the surface, it can't be expected to have zones specifically for them to farm goodly folk, since what would likely happen is a group of goodly level 30's will camp your CR15 area of goodies and PvP everyone that comes near it. Probably more headache than it's worth.

Not saying it's impossible, and it certainly isn't a decision that I would be privy to anyway, just calling out what I think are the likely reasons this has not been done when it was requested in the past.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

well what is the point of all the evil races attacking me? a powerful leader of monster races would not be KOS to every weakling gobbo.

If i can work with it, then im sure all the awesome RPing good guys can too.

space? take more of the outland areas that are little use or redundant.

if there is a will, there is a way. My guess is there is no will even though it would assist evil RP in a pretty big way.
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

And just for you chad..

Entry: 2754 (ID:2227) => Skeleton_Human_02 (PLC_MC_Skeleton02) Total=178
Entry: 2896 (ID:2226) => Skeleton_Human_01 (PLC_MC_Skeleton01) Total=293

humans are loot boxes...
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley
Svabodnik

Better stated, what would be the lore-wise inclination of a Good-aligned, hostile-filled zone considering the limitations of the NWN2 faction system that is ready the stab the everliving daylights out of anybody in the broad range laid out between orc and aasimar that decides to briefly pass by through it?

Within the past couple of months, I've taken a Blackguard from 1 to 30 with no issues. Yes, I admit a Mighty Smiting paladin may have a better mechanical impact in the PvE department considering the alignment of the mobs. However, not having Good-aligned enemies doesn't cripple Evil PCs into uselessness, and building such a PC is an active choice taken by the player (though I suppose there is no fine print warning against it).

The enemies I've encountered on the surface are intentionally set to be ones confrontational to the wayward adventurer. The alignment of the mobs merely meets that in the lore department, and is secondary to them serving as the antagonists. They're enemies that both the shining-heart paladin and the dark-spirited cultist may fight against, and while they may cater more to being the foe of the former, nothing prevents them from earning the ire of the latter.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Look... this is not about making PvE easier. I think it's too easy to begin with. This is about supporting playstyle that is not your good robin hood type. I don't want to play robin hood or sir lancealot or sneaky do evil stuff but im CN/G so it's ok guy. I'm not the only one.

the game supports being a good guy and taking on an evil world.
the game supports being an evil guy but doesn't give a world of good to battle.

Right now if evil wants to kill good we have to have a DM event or PvP. No. we are left being the Suicide Squad being evil fighting evil and that is hardly the RP experience you can bank on day in and day out.

The push back is wild as you have an expectation from us that you see as being inappropriate to you.
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley
Svabodnik

Not quite sure if a few zones of good-aligned mobs, no matter how well set in the lore, will help Evil RP in that regard, since the crux of the issue will be conflict between Good and Evil forces on the side of the players. The thousands of Evil-aligned monsters killed daily on the server have yet to swing the pendulum clearly to the side of Good. If 10-15-20-25 zones are introduced to cater to Evil-aligned players (let's say, 'Fey Glade', 'Woodland Shrine', 'Dwarven Tunnels', 'Celestial Stronghold'), would the zones actually enrich the plot initiatives of those RPing evil characters, considering the spots will just become alternative grinding zones?
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Svabodnik wrote: would the zones actually enrich the plot initiatives of those RPing evil characters, considering the spots will just become alternative grinding zones?
Yes and Yes. what are you missing here? I'm not gonna judge your RP, but it would be RP for those that I RP with. We RP evil. not psudo-evil or evil-lite.

The overarching good v. evil is not a factor in this at all. its about having a place where evil can DO EVIL without needing a DM or always beating up goodies.
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Honestly, I don't see why there couldn't be a few Human villages with militia spread around the Server, where Evils could go to rape and pillage.

Even make it an interesting design of an Area where the Goods could mount a defense of the village/town.

Make it even more complicated like a good-aligned Drow surface encampment, where All Surface Alignments would have reason to attempt mass slaughtered! :twisted:

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow »

there allways lots of good ideas but rememebr we dont have lots of space any more remember tehre many areas was delet from the server couse of space so we souldt feel lag so about a (new xwart village we could have i find it how the the lords alliance well put a end to this attack on the server and you most feelt
Narsil
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Narsil »

A good concept, but I suspect it would become irresistible PvP bait.

Imagine, a group of "Good" PC's trying to RP in that area, or heck even just passing through it.......when suddenly a gang of "Evil" decides it's time to grind out a level or two there.

Sure, it COULD generate some great RP opportunities........... but we all know what is more likely to happen. Imagine the PM's flowing in complaining about "those Goodies are camping the area, just waiting for us bad guys to show up !"

Sorry, I just don't think it will happen. *shrug*
Gyvari Lominaru : Night Hunter, servant of the Black Archer (retired)

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”