Add NPC to the Nexus: "Choose your Alignment."

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

kitteninablender

Add NPC to the Nexus: "Choose your Alignment."

Unread post by kitteninablender »

So a lot of people have talked in Discord about loving the idea of a Fallen Paladin. A Paladin who fell from grace, etc.

So here's an idea for doing such, without requiring a DM to change alignment:

An NPC, in the Nexus. Just like the Spellswapper Djinni, can only be used a certain number of times per RCR or one within a matter of X amount of time.

And allows you to shift your alignment ONE Axis.

For example: If you are a Paladin, and you wish to take levels in Blackguard, you must use the NPC TWICE. Once to become Lawful Neutral...as you descend. The next to become actual evil.

Put a period of a real-life week between uses, to force the character to actually RP the transition from Good to Evil in real-time.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Chaos is relative. What is normal for the Spider is Chaos for the Fly.
Agog_Fr
Retired Staff

Re: Add NPC to the Nexus: "Choose your Alignment."

Unread post by Agog_Fr »

I am completely opposed to anything that goes against hardcore RP and DM application.

Moving from paladin to fallen paladin and then black knight or whatever must be a DM-supervised process for me.

For me, if a PC plays a paladin then becomes a fallen paladin, AND that it reconverted itself in the evil industry, there a DM can possibly intervene with a reroll.
Play Angbaal the Necromancer.
Video presentation of my Guild : Link.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

I can't wait to build my Bardic Monk! :twisted:

But seriously, this won't ever happen, because it will open up powwrbuilds and kooky RP that would annoy.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Tanlaus
Quality Control

Unread post by Tanlaus »

I sympathize with the OP. Thought about starting a character that was evil who slowly found redemption over time and became good. But it’s a long process that would probably require too much DM time when there is an entire player base to take care of. So would an NPC be convenient? Yes.

But ultimately I also agree with everyone else. It opens the door for all kinds of kookieness. And you can justify anything with rp...

“My monk has always had a passion for the arts!”

So I wouldn’t really be all for myself either.
Blackman D
Retired Staff

Unread post by Blackman D »

the reasons why you want it are unfortunately the same reasons why it is not a thing and why alignment shifts were removed from quests, because people would just grind the shifts and do the same thing the long way
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
kitteninablender

Unread post by kitteninablender »

Guys. I'm Kitten In A (do-me) Blender.

I run a Church called the Church of Comedy. A weed and Cosplay friendly church of Gamers, Comedians, and knuckleheads. I buy and sell Comic Books and Magic the Gathering cards for a living. And I'm from North Carolina, originally, in the middle of BFE.

I got RICH being Weirder and different than the other people around me. Because I was doing something nobody else around me was doing, and not giving two bits about what other people thought of decisions I made.

So I'm all for this kind of thing. ;)

Because it's FUN. :)

Salim may or may not be based off three of my greatest idols...all of whom I knew personally, cause I go to a LOT of comedy shows and a LOT of comic book conventions and met all of them at least 15+ times.

All of whom...are now dead. And I miss them.

George Carlin:

And Raul Julia. Raul Julia, of course, being....

And, of course, I couldn't POSSIBLY forget....

And, of course, I have to also give credit to:

I like Weird.

Weird is Good. :)
Last edited by Wyatt on Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Weak attempt to get around the profanity filter
Chaos is relative. What is normal for the Spider is Chaos for the Fly.
Young Werther

Unread post by Young Werther »

Fallen paladin levels are pretty bad since you lose all your abilities or you're supposed to anyway. A less active way of making a fallen paladin would be rerolling into fighter or blackguard rather than have dead paladin levels scripted in. And who wants a less than optimal build with dead paladin levels? (Probably one of you Heavy Role-players would)

My ego would like there to be bard/paladins so I can avoid buying power attack and cleave inna build.
Lockonnow wrote:greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”