Why the lull? (Poll)

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Are you logging on as much, and, if not, why not?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:50 pm

I log in... like, lots. Shuddup, Snarf, you n00b.
9%
Nope, I'm not logging on much because... (choose reason below)
16%
I'm still enjoying what's left of the nice weather. BBL.
2%
Work, work, work... and it sucks, but not in a good 'sucks' kind of way.
13%
I'm not in the mood to RP/not feeling the RP lately.
12%
There aren't enough DM plops going on, and I like plops. I mean, plots.
5%
The players I enjoy RP'ing with are away doing other things.
26%
I'm playing other vids, drinking, making babies, or otherwise.
10%
I spend all my time on BGTSCC's discord channel, because I enjoy OOC spam.
2%
Prefer not to say/This poll needs more options/Polls suck.
5%

Total votes: 100

Steve
Recognized Donor

Re: Why the lull? (Poll)

Unread post by Steve »

Tekill wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:07 pm Server wipe. :twisted:
And level 20 max limit!!! :twisted: 0:)

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero »

It's just one terrible idea after the other...
Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
Azroth

Unread post by Azroth »

some are hurt and won't come back.
others are just not having fun here anymore.
and over there we have others just wanting to play newer games.

Lose one you may lose about a few more.

point is, there is many reasons for it.
After years of trying to give others a chance to prove to me they can shape up here, I have run out of patience. The numbers of nwn2 overall dropping in the past few years have told me the path others truly want to take. Actions speak louder than words.

It's not worth the investment.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Bobthehero wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:29 pm It's just one terrible idea after the other...
... I've got some too, just you wait!

Roll back all the new classes, lets go vanilla style!
Also, implement a script that deducts XP for anyone injecting modern day references or orc/drow love into their surface RP.
Also, also, implement a script that fires a "hammer of the gods" spell at any paladin who parties up with any toon of evil alignment! (unless it's Bob. He's a'ight)
OHHH, alsooooo, make it so that attractive head models for tieflings are only accessible if they have a + charisma modifier... like, they can only pick a remotely attractive one after they hit 12 CHA.

So many ideas, so little time. :dance:

(JUST JOKES)

But, seriously... umm, yeah, I got nothing.
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero »

Snarfy wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:42 pm (unless it's Bob. He's a'ight)
Snarfy wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:42 pm (JUST JOKES)
:cry:
Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
Arcane

Unread post by Arcane »

Last edited by Arcane on Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V'rass

Unread post by V'rass »

Been too busy on a different server and will probably remain so given the exponentially increasing pile-up of disasters that are occurring there at the moment IG heh. Also most of those i knew are no longer around it seems... only a handful of those i rp'd with are still around to my knowledge and most of those are not on much at all these days. :(
"To understand magic one must first understand magic."

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

V'rass wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:42 amAlso most of those i knew are no longer around it seems... only a handful of those i rp'd with are still around to my knowledge and most of those are not on much at all these days. :(
"The players I enjoy RP'ing with are away doing other things" does seem to be the prominent theme, according to the poll :| It's a viscous little self sustaining circle, when your pals don't log on, then you don't log on, and when they do log on... you're not on, so they log off, and visa versa. Only thing you can do is give it a go once in a while, and hope you luck out(I found RP twice tonight, and both instances were fun... who knew? ;) )
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
AgentOrange

Unread post by AgentOrange »

So make new friends. Spread out your game.

I figure if I'm bored, it's because I'm being boring.
.:Marietta Thairo:. Former Dreadlord. Hell on heels. Retired with her family somewhere.
Freedom will not bring a better tomorrow.
Necromantis

Unread post by Necromantis »

The main reason, for me, is because I can get more done in a 4 hour Pen and Paper session than in the 2 years it takes for an extremely minor plot to come to it's end on this server, with basically nothing gained from it. I'm doing three such games per week now (being a DM of one), in various settings, and it's scratching my RP itch.

On occasion, I visit the one or two old faces I still know on this server, and try to get a sense of what's going on.
Besides that, I manage the Zhentarim guild here, answer every single message received on a daily basis, meet with potentials, promote people based on what they do, and try to give the active players something to do or focus on as best I can, and that's pretty much all I -can- do.

There's no real progress to be had, and if there is, I'll probably sooner see the Time of Troubles.
Yeah no, this place isn't worth it. I gave it one last shot, thanks to Wolfshear, but the Team Good bias is too strong. Enjoy the plot armor, the always winning, and roleplaying in a predictable world where char. development is nonexistant.

Enjoy playing basically Stardew Valley in NWN2, I guess.
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

People who are on when i get on are:

Grinding
In random spots I can't justify my character going to (random interiors, inside BG).

I drop off.

If I see 2+ people in DA/CK/FAI boulder, I stick around.

As for progress, I'm happy with the current state of affairs. Affords stability and enables focus on interpersonal matters over random grimdark/dark fantasy being forced day in and day out.

Was a time I took a break because people were far too focused on being dark and "gritty" before. I'd rather us not go back to that.

Seriously though, what caused people to stop going to FAI/CK and instead to go to random taverns that make no sense to go to alone? >.>
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Hoihe wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pmSeriously though, what caused people to stop going to FAI/CK and instead to go to random taverns that make no sense to go to alone? >.>
Maaaaybe it does make sense for them to go there? (Heck, I have several characters who would have great excuses to go to any given tavern alone...)
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

DaloLorn wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:20 pm
Hoihe wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pmSeriously though, what caused people to stop going to FAI/CK and instead to go to random taverns that make no sense to go to alone? >.>
Maaaaybe it does make sense for them to go there? (Heck, I have several characters who would have great excuses to go to any given tavern alone...)

It's easy to justify passing by the boulder, the entrance to CK or for my character, the statue in DA at any random moment.

It's very hard to justify going to that EXACT tavern at that EXACT time when these EXACT people are there.

That feels metagamey to me, and I fear being called out on appearing somewhere like that. It takes far too many coincidences at the same time for it to occur, and is injustifiable.

Running into someone at a crossroads as they take a breather, at the entrance of a place that sells potions of Heal, or in the public square of a village? That's easily justifiable without having to fear being called out.

I may have once spent 30 minutes debating back and forth whether it is worth risking being called out for metagaming people being inside a tavern or not.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
Wildsheep

Unread post by Wildsheep »

The inability to find people to RP with was often my biggest issue.
Dnaera Ozkam - Red Wizard of Thay

Kiren 'Pearl' Myrlow - Golden Wheel
Vieice Jhala'tlar - Priestess of Eilistraee
Azroth

Unread post by Azroth »

Wildsheep wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:08 am The inability to find people to RP with was often my biggest issue.
You could walk into a non-guild related tavern and sit there or be in more public spaces and try to interact with some. My only issue with this method is my characters won't go out of their way to talk with some due to IC related reasons, so I won't always do that. You may need to find fresh faces and so on, or at least try to find other characters to interact with that have closely related IC views to be able to hold a decent conversation.

Made an edit for celerity.
After years of trying to give others a chance to prove to me they can shape up here, I have run out of patience. The numbers of nwn2 overall dropping in the past few years have told me the path others truly want to take. Actions speak louder than words.

It's not worth the investment.

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”