Eldritch Disicple - Kaedrin PrC

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

AsuraKing
Custom Content

Eldritch Disicple - Kaedrin PrC

Unread post by AsuraKing »

I know we have some of Kaedrin's classes implemented, and I'm aware some were left out due to being a bit too strong power-wise. But I'm curious if Eldritch Disciple is something we could have added. Now I'm not the best at theory/build crafting so I've no idea on how powerful this class really is, but but from what I've seen on servers that do have it, the distinct lack of people playing them makes be believe it's not over the top power-wise like some of the others that were left out. Personally I've always wanted to play a more caster-focused cleric, and this is the closest I can find to making that work (Blast infidel comes in a distant second I suppose...)

http://nwn2customcontent.wikidot.com/eldritch-disciple
:happy-sunny: Sunmaster Barristan Schulltze :happy-sunny:
Heretic and former Vigilator of Bane and the Black Abbey
Barristan's Bio

Wizziewick Warrenwarden
Svirfneblin Burrow Warden

Thulzar Palerock
Questionable Medical Professional

Art Website|Art Instagram
cosmic ray

Re: Eldritch Disicple - Kaedrin PrC

Unread post by cosmic ray »

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Kaedrin would sue BGtSCC if the server used any of "his" content, even though Kaedrin himself didn't create anything original, instead having made most of his custom pack based on the work of WotC employees. The exception would be the bug-fixing part of his hak pack.
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
AsuraKing
Custom Content

That's indeed wrong! Many years ago there was bad blood between the staff and him, however the staff has said on many occasions that they've buried the hatchet. Also the server already does have a good portion of his classes IG with some remaining the same and some having been adjusted slightly.
Barristan's Bio

Wizziewick Warrenwarden

Thulzar Palerock

cosmic ray

Has Kaedrin buried the hatchet too?
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

We're on good terms with Kaedrin last I spoke with him. Though it has been about a year now.

I'd weigh inclusion (or exclusion) of the class on the merits of the class with concerns to the server's balance, not on Discord rumors.

I can reach out to Kaedrin for the thumbs up if staff decide they want it in game, but are nervous about it for whatever reason.
cosmic ray

If that is the case, then I think it would be very cool to have this class added. Warlocks don't have as many PrCs dedicated to them as most of the other classes.
AsuraKing
Custom Content

Maecius wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:38 pm We're on good terms with Kaedrin last I spoke with him. Though it has been about a year now.

I'd weigh inclusion (or exclusion) of the class on the merits of the class with concerns to the server's balance, not on Discord rumors.

I can reach out to Kaedrin for the thumbs up if staff decide they want it in game, but are nervous about it for whatever reason.
This is very good to hear, it would be wonderful to possibly see some more of his stuff added down the line.
Barristan's Bio

Wizziewick Warrenwarden

Thulzar Palerock

AsuraKing
Custom Content

I'm just going to shamelessly bump this suggestion.

Would love for more options that let clerics be less about buff&bash and instead let them be more focused on ranged spells and since this is a class already made and such it's my suggestion...

That said!!! If anyone knows of anything out there that would be more fitting for a pure cleric PrC please speak up! I personally LOVE cleric RP but I hate the buff&bash play-style and am always looking for ways to make the class more viable as a 'caster'. For a while now I've been playing a Hierophant with Blast Infidel, while it's certainly the best we have atm, you're still running into melee and even as a low Str max Wis cleric you're better off just smacking things with a morningstar.
Barristan's Bio

Wizziewick Warrenwarden

Thulzar Palerock

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”