Give back Dinosaur Companion as an Epic feat with one change: Allow us to choose Megaraptor as a companion. :D

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

kitteninablender

Give back Dinosaur Companion as an Epic feat with one change: Allow us to choose Megaraptor as a companion. :D

Unread post by kitteninablender »

Pretty self explanatory.

I wanna summon a Megaraptor.

The game has a Tyhrannosaurus Rex/Megaraptor. I would like to play a Druid who could take one as an Epic Companion.

Give it stats similar to the Dragon Companion. Just take away breath weapon and give it Improved Power Attack and/or the Knockdown feat. Cause, you know...DINOSAUR.

Too good?
Chaos is relative. What is normal for the Spider is Chaos for the Fly.
Zkenic
Retired Staff

Re: Give back Dinosaur Companion as an Epic feat with one change: Allow us to choose Megaraptor as a companion. :D

Unread post by Zkenic »

Is this what you want for our server?
Khali - "Magic is supreme, in both its wonder and its terror. Cower before your superiors, or suffer."

Dhaot - "Hey, I'm older than he is..."
Valefort
Retired Admin

Re: Give back Dinosaur Companion as an Epic feat with one change: Allow us to choose Megaraptor as a companion. :D

Unread post by Valefort »

We're on the Sword Coast, not in Chult.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
kitteninablender

Unread post by kitteninablender »

It's funny you mention Dino-Saucers....I've actually met several of the voice-actors from that show. They show up at Cons a lot.

And true, we're on the Sword Coast. But if people casually walk around with Demons and Devils and Angels following them around...why not a Dinosaur?

Druids with Dragon Companions? No sweat. Druids changing into Dragons? No problem. But Dinosaurs are out of the question?

I dunno. Just seems weird to me.

I also think Dinosaurs and Crocodiles need to be added to the Wildshape list. Because I"d absolutely go T-Rex on somebody.

Chaos is relative. What is normal for the Spider is Chaos for the Fly.
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

Valefort wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:08 am We're on the Sword Coast, not in Chult.
That is the usual response, but right up the road near Daggerford is the Lizard Marsh which has a number of dinosaurs present. They are common enough to be wandering monsters, even.

((See the module N5 - Under Illefarn, which takes place a stones throw up the road toward Daggerford, which has dinosaurs present in the Lizard Marsh in great abundance. Pages 5, 12, 23, 21, 22, and 24 specifically, with 13 being most explanatory in this case))

I think historically it was removed more for power reasons. If the worry is that they would be over-represented, make them weaker than the rest toimit the appeal and make it an RP choice.

We have arctic creatures and we arent on the Great Galcier, etc.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
zhazz

Unread post by zhazz »

I don't see any issue with adding Dinosaur Companion either. If power is a concern then add a pre-requisite background feat similar to True Believer. A feat, which lends credibility to your character knowing about dinosaurs, and where to find them.
Adrian Baker - An innocent virtuoso (bio | journal)
Relyth Ravan'Thala - Bear of an Elf
Timothy Daleson - Paladin Wand Maker
Duncan Matsirani - A wanderer
MadSeer

Unread post by MadSeer »

I'm down for it too if some players want it. As far as lore goes, we have telthor companions on the Sword Coast, so I'm not too bothered by dinosaurs.
Deragnost

Unread post by Deragnost »

Planehopper wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:07 am I think historically it was removed more for power reasons. If the worry is that they would be over-represented, make them weaker than the rest toimit the appeal and make it an RP choice.

We have arctic creatures and we arent on the Great Galcier, etc.
I agree! But maybe some limitations should be given nonetheless.

What if the feat (dinosaur companion or what's the name) can be chosen only by those druids/rangers of Ubtao?
Making it, thus, tied to the Deity itself.

Obviously, it must not be available for Clerics for reasons (aka: clerics of ubtao with a dinosaur and 2354356 undead at its side :think: ).

EDIT: Actually, I was thinking... that perhaps druids of Ubtao shouldn't even exist in the Sword Coast? Because technically Ubtao doesn't hold any power beyond Chult, even if their powers are tied to the land. Ubtao does have an agreement with the other Deities, meaning something like "we don't come in Chult to bother you, you don't come into the rest of Faerun to bother us". Or something like that?

So... technically it should even be removed from the list for druids?

I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking.
Rose Wintertal , Itinerant Minstrel, Troublemaker, Administrator of the Phoenix Company and The Run a Rig owner!

Trissae Baeniryn , Yatharil
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

MadSeer wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:52 am I'm down for it too if some players want it. As far as lore goes, we have telthor companions on the Sword Coast, so I'm not too bothered by dinosaurs.
We really need to change the name of those and just call it 'spirit companion'. Because yeah, there should be no telthors outside Rashemen.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”