Tower Shield Size Adjustment Option

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Tower Shield Size Adjustment Option

Unread post by Flatted Fifth »

Suggestion: Add an option in the Appearance Changer item to reduce the size of Tower Shields by 20%. Some of them are ludicrously huge. Like.... comically huge.

It could go under the "Shield Slot" options and when activated it could check to see if the equipped item in the shield slot is indeed specifically a tower shield. If so, option reduces the size. If it's anything else, it simply doesn't do anything.
YYA

Re: Tower Shield Size Adjustment Option

Unread post by YYA »

They have - 10 Armor Check Penalty. But if you want smaller Tower Shields, you might be able to get them through the Old Appearance Changer, and then just change the colors or something with the Kit. (Not sure if it will cycle through into other appearances. Or if it works, since it has been forever, but give it a try.)
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
athornforyourheart
Lead Media

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

I dont think its possible to change the size of the model via script or the app changer. The shield itself attaches to an AP point on the mesh (model) at the wrist and that can't be modified to be increased or decreased, least from how I understand it.

Sorry.
LivT

Unread post by LivT »

The size of the tower shields are for the most part, historically accurate. Most are designed to hide an average-sized person behind them at only a slight crouch. Yes, some are slightly oversized or undersized.

None can be accurately placed on the character due to the animations and skeletons in the game. Either you hold them sideways at rest, or sideways in battle. This probably adds to the occasionally ridiculous appearance. Positioning is not something we can change.

The many models in-game have been placed there to accommodate previous community requests.

Changing model sizes in the UI is not possible for the reasons stated above.
Iolanna: High Druidess of the Green Enclave, Arch of the Crescent Moon, Druid of Greenest, Faithful of Eldath

Elle Avery: Knight of the Radiant Heart, Cleric of Tamara

Ophelia Hawthorne: Whitewood Vanguard

Daigon: Guardsman of the Rocky Creek Trading Company

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”