Wild Shape: No skill bonus

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Re: Wild Shape: No skill bonus

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Nathe wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:03 am It might be just me, but I was checking about the wild shape forms and the fact that they do not get the skill bonus from items feels a bit too much. In the end we can see non shape characters with like 1d20 + 80 open lock while our shifter cannot open anything over 40 regardless of item + skill investment.
They actually do get item bonuses. The best bonus to each skill is merged.

TBH, this is more accurate to how it should be, and tallying all the item bonuses would be a good bit of extra effort, so I wouldn't expect to see it changed.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

I'm not saying it's not considerably less than you'd get by abusing skill stacking in natural form... but it's more likely that skill stacking will go away entirely than that we'll go to the trouble of emulating it in polymorph/wildshapes.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
JustAnotherGuy

Unread post by JustAnotherGuy »

I've always thought that it was hilarious (and annoying, if I'm honest) that my druid was less perceptive as a wolf than he is in human form. From 82 spot down to about 54.
"Now this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."
- Rudyard Kipling
Deragnost

Unread post by Deragnost »

I admit it would be fun to have even the equipment Skill Points brought in your animal form, too! Would help for spotters and sneakers, even for just a simple concept (EG: panther with hide gear).
Rose Wintertal , Itinerant Minstrel, Troublemaker, Administrator of the Phoenix Company and The Run a Rig owner!

Trissae Baeniryn , Yatharil

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”