[Elfsong Tavern Forum] Sticky Announcements/Notices Thread?

Suggestions for Improving or Enhancing the Forums

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Vermilion
Recognized Donor

[Elfsong Tavern Forum] Sticky Announcements/Notices Thread?

Unread post by Vermilion »

This is a bit of a personal peeve of mine - no offence intended to anyone at all!

At present when a player wants to organise an event they have to post their beautifully made notices in several threads (Rumours of BG, Beregost, Ulgoth's Beard etc etc)

To avoid clogging up the forums with multiple posts (often with large graphics) could we have a stickied, separate "Announcements and Notices of the Coast" thread which should be taken as visible IC to all (surface) players who'd be applicable?

Once again, I love that we organise theatre events and tournaments and weddings and countless other events but sometimes the promotional material shows up five-six times in separate threads and because of the way the forum loads graphics you can miss older unread posts as well.
Login: VermilionVirtue

Active
Llengar Hammerstock - A principled thug.
Elspeth Dharvoon - A reformed character? (Biography)
Steve
Recognized Donor

Re: [Elfsong Tavern Forum] Sticky Announcements/Notices Thre

Unread post by Steve »

Like a bulletin board?

Yeah, those exist IG as well! :twisted:

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Deathgrowl »

Vermilion wrote:Once again, I love that we organise theatre events and tournaments and weddings and countless other events but sometimes the promotional material shows up five-six times in separate threads and because of the way the forum loads graphics you can miss older unread posts as well.
The reason is to make sure as many people as possible see it. If you make a separate announcement subforum, for instance, or force people to only post stuff like this in an announcement thread, you're going to miss out on a lot of people.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Obahzk Elf-Skinner, Blackguard of Gruumsh and orcish war drummer

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
Vermilion
Recognized Donor

Steve wrote:Like a bulletin board?

Yeah, those exist IG as well! :twisted:
They do! They're a bit limited though - I know there are plans to install them in other locations but they're limited to BG (and Sshamath?) for now.

Active
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

TarnishedSoul
Retired Staff

Unread post by TarnishedSoul »

Use the "View new posts" function at the top right hand side of the forums. Never miss a post again! :)
Vermilion
Recognized Donor

It existed all along! Critical research fail, me.
Deathgrowl wrote: The reason is to make sure as many people as possible see it. If you make a separate announcement subforum, for instance, or force people to only post stuff like this in an announcement thread, you're going to miss out on a lot of people.
The last thing I'd want is for people to miss the awesome theatre etc events the server does. In that light, probably best to leave things as they are. Thanks guys :)

Active
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

It's a poorly used thread. I'm not sure why people also can't just make a new thread instead of posting in 5 threads (IE spamming). Basically, forum mods should've moderated that just as that thread says but they might be a bit down in numbers. Perhaps time for some mod recruitment?
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
taintedseraphim

Unread post by taintedseraphim »

Deathgrowl wrote:
Vermilion wrote:Once again, I love that we organise theatre events and tournaments and weddings and countless other events but sometimes the promotional material shows up five-six times in separate threads and because of the way the forum loads graphics you can miss older unread posts as well.
The reason is to make sure as many people as possible see it. If you make a separate announcement subforum, for instance, or force people to only post stuff like this in an announcement thread, you're going to miss out on a lot of people.
This. I posted in one area and had so many say "What event? Oh, I don't read that section of the forums". Word of mouth IG only goes so far, and when there were two separate reasons I did two back to back postings (one announcing the event and the other showing who has signed up in the hopes of getting more involved), I'm not sure how to otherwise go about doing so.
Rania Marie Ragnon-Servant of Selune

Return to “Forums”