KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Re: Event posting spam

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Valefort wrote:That's what we have (slightly modified) :P
Where?
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
wangxiuming

Unread post by wangxiuming »

Gotta say that I am in the camp that finds the spamming a bit ... well, spammy. Although the first announcement post is always well-constructed and fun to read, opening 4-5 rumor threads to find the exact same post 4-5 more times becomes a bit aggravating. I understand the goal is to try to reach as wide an audience as possible, but like Fury said, I suspect there is very little marginal return in reposting the same announcement in rapid succession in different rumor threads. Are there really any players who only peruse 1 rumor thread, but not the rest?

What might work better would be to announce the event a week in advance, and then post in the same thread a reminder 12-24 hours before the event takes place. That's far less spammy, and more helpful to remind those who wanted to attend but might have forgotten in the interim.

Random suggestion: Would it be possible to develop a forum-based calendar for event postings? Similar to the ones the .enjin websites use?
Last edited by wangxiuming on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taintedseraphim

Unread post by taintedseraphim »

KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote:
Valefort wrote:That's what we have (slightly modified) :P
Where?
East District, Baldur's Gate, by the Elfsong.
Rania Marie Ragnon-Servant of Selune
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

And Sshamath, next update there will be one in Nashkel, Beregost, Soubar and Doron Amar as well. If a guild wants one, ask away, they're tied to areas and share posts.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Wandering_Woodsman

Unread post by Wandering_Woodsman »

Okay, I'll ask the obvious question:

Why would one not be posted outside the FAI hall? Maybe not even inside the walls, but outside next to the sign saying the inn's name?
"Now see, that's good information there. For a second, I thought you'd just met a chicken god."

Toman Ironarm
- Blacksmith of the Phoenix Company

You know, only on the Coast would that have needed to be said. :?
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Because it's a remote inn with a tiny amount of people living there. Adding more features to FAI will only make it more convenient, that's not the plan.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

I'll start looking into some sort of event calendar. If that's in, then perhaps we can think of a way to trim down the event posting spam a bit.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

I think FAI should have one. Regardless if some staff don't like that people gather there for RP, the fact that people DO shouldn't really be disregarded. IMO a bulletin board would suit for the FAI and help keep some trades and services IC.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

Glowfire wrote:I think FAI should have one. Regardless if some staff don't like that people gather there for RP, the fact that people DO shouldn't really be disregarded. IMO a bulletin board would suit for the FAI and help keep some trades and services IC.
I am afraid I have to agree with this. The reality is that the FAI is a central location on the server and that makes it a natural congregation spot. As long as that remains the case, then it's not likely to change. Besides, if it's on a caravan route, it does make sense to have a board there, as it's historically common that stops like that would be where people try to get news of the road ahead and give news of the road behind.
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne

Return to “Forums”