Like button

Suggestions for Improving or Enhancing the Forums

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Like button

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Is this possible to add the "Like" button to the forums?
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Re: Like button

Bump. I really want the "Like" button to be introduced to the forums so we can like the posts. No need for "Dislike" button, only "Like".
(\/);,;(\/)

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

Elspeth Silverleaf "Is a thing good because the gods say it is so? Or is there objective good in the universe?"
Cherry Thistleknot "Cherry, like the tree, Druids like trees"
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

Moving this thread to the appropriate section.
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

To what end, exactly?
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
Xanfyrst

Unread post by Xanfyrst »

What's with the Like/Dislike mania that's been happening over the last decade?

I prefer someone post a reason why they like or dislike whatever I wrote instead of hitting a damn button.

Might just be me!
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK.
Alistair the Red - Roaming Bounty Hunter and Underworld Contact.
Lord Eliphas Valkarian "the Deceiver" -Chosen Prophet of Bane, Autonomous Agent of the Zhentarim. Immortal? ×Returned from the Beyond×
metaquad4

Unread post by metaquad4 »

Upvote and downvote buttons, similar to Reddit, would be pretty handy.

If a post goes to a particular threshold of downvotes, it could be inherently hidden too. Similar how a post is hidden if you put someone on your "foe" list.
aka aplethoraof

2010 - 2023 (on permanent? leave)
Playing Arelith/NWN1 now. Still on discord (aplethoraof on discord).
Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

metaquad4 wrote:Upvote and downvote buttons, similar to Reddit, would be pretty handy.

If a post goes to a particular threshold of downvotes, it could be inherently hidden too. Similar how a post is hidden if you put someone on your "foe" list.
:lol:
Oh, 'Simian' argued against me and he proved and showed how each and every sentence of mine contained falsehoods. I am butthurt, so I will click down button, and ask my friends do the same. Ha, it shows him!
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Upvote and Downvote button for Moderators only to hide troll posts... :think:

Now there's an idea! :clap: :dance:
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

We had this on previous forums, when we used proboards. Karma, I think it was called. As if the cliques aren't strong enough these days.

No thank ya.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Hell ye, to like/dislike buttons. What will happen if everyone dislikes my/your post? :lol: People care too much about those things. I guess it is the millenial age we are going through.

Speaking about cliques

Feel free to dislike this pm all you want
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I really think that dislike button is a bad idea, but like button would be handsome!
(\/);,;(\/)

metaquad4

Unread post by metaquad4 »

I personally think dislike+hiding posts would be better than the current alternative. That is, to put someone that is generally idiotic on your "enemy" list so you don't have to see any of their posts.

This way, one can filter by post instead of just completely blotting someone out.

Also, we don't need to completely demolish someone who is being stupid and end up derailing the thread in the process (as is what generally happens now). One can simply click the dislike button and move on. If enough people dislike it, boom! The idiotic post is hidden.

Of course, I suppose some people have massive egos and can't stand being told their ideas are horrible. Can't have that!

That said, it is a good point that people might coordinate dislike wars. In a smaller community, that can be a problem. On bigger sites like Reddit, even if a few people coordinate its big enough that it doesn't matter. On a smaller community like this, it might pose a few issues. So, that argument against is a good point.

Definitely no solitary like button, though. We don't need any more ego stroking. I'd say we could stand for a little more pessimism all around. Maybe daily wooden spoon spankings from Maecius?
aka aplethoraof

2010 - 2023 (on permanent? leave)
Playing Arelith/NWN1 now. Still on discord (aplethoraof on discord).
SoThereIWas

Unread post by SoThereIWas »

mrm3ntalist wrote:Hell ye, to like/dislike buttons. What will happen if everyone dislikes my/your post? :lol: People care too much about those things. I guess it is the millenial age we are going through.

Speaking about cliques

Feel free to dislike this pm all you want

I'm just going to throw this out there... Folks can get away with saying stuff like you did just now over the internet, but when fist start to fly due to folks doing that with each other in real life... well... folks learn the hard way as it ends with more than just words a fair amount of the time.

Now back to being on topic....
----

I think a like/dislike feature is rather pointless overall... I mean, what do you get out of it, Feeling popular? It only inflates egos, witch the sideaffect can be a issue for some. Not all, but just enough.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

SoThereIWas wrote:I'm just going to throw this out there... Folks can get away with saying stuff like you did just now over the internet, but when fist start to fly due to folks doing that with each other in real life... well... folks learn the hard way as it ends with more than just words a fair amount of the time.
What do fists have to do? We are not in fight club :lol: :lol: This is just a discussion about a like button, which it was made into cliques and now into throwing punches. I am glad my real world is not similar to yours :violin:
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!

Return to “Forums”