Cavestalker progression for Spirit Shaman

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Developer, Quality Control, DM

DM Gargoyle

Re: Cavestalker progression for Spirit Shaman

Unread post by DM Gargoyle »

Ah I thought druid spells like tree strides dont work in the UD with out cavestalker. Then again I never understood why a ranger or Druid are forced to take a PRC just for their abilities to work in their natural habitat

TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

Nemni wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:22 am
The spirit shamans abilities (limited as they are) work by default in the underdark though. No need to be unlocked underground like a rangers/druids, so I don't see what sense the cavestalker makes for a shaman. I would rather see the class get its own prc.

That’s true. But the spellcasting progression for ranger and druid was added after the original implementation to make it better to take. Couldn’t the same be applied for spirit shaman? To clarify, we’re just asking for spell casting progression.
"Are you Thor? God of Hammers?"

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

The point was never to debate Cavestalkers raison d'etre. But please, do let Spirit Shamans benefit from Cavestalker just as Druids and Rangers do. Thank you for the consideration...now hurry it up because waiting over a YEAR for a decision is ridiculous.
Storybuilding

|> Jon SmytheChionthar Charter & Seaward Supply Co. — Path of the Mindful Blade & Seafarer
|> Monserrate — Circle of Rust and the Worm

TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

Any answer on this?

Deathgrowl

Unread post by Deathgrowl »

I've gone ahead and bumped this for QC. There was a concern that this would be easy access to high bab and full caster progression so that you could go spirit shaman10/cavestalker10/hospitaler10, maintaining 30 CL and having 26 bab on something with Shapechange. Not an argument I fully understand, because druid can currently do this (also having access to shapechange, as well as magic beast shape and the cavestalker wildshape which would allow casting at the same time). This could only serve to give spirit shamans some much needed variety.

So I'm in support, myself. But we'll see what QC and the devs say.
I can be reached on discord: Deathgrowl#9782

Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Lieutenant Tialysana of Aglarond and Doron Amar

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna

TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

Deathgrowl wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:39 am
I've gone ahead and bumped this for QC. There was a concern that this would be easy access to high bab and full caster progression so that you could go spirit shaman10/cavestalker10/hospitaler10, maintaining 30 CL and having 26 bab on something with Shapechange. Not an argument I fully understand, because druid can currently do this (also having access to shapechange, as well as magic beast shape and the cavestalker wildshape which would allow casting at the same time). This could only serve to give spirit shamans some much needed variety.

Thanks, DG!

TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

Deathgrowl wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:39 am

Hi DG! Was curious if this was ever bumped?