Feats/skills etc you are in doubt? EC can try and tell if it works.

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Feats/skills etc you are in doubt? EC can try and tell if it works.

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Hello there, fellow players.
As soon as i got my testing tools, i can help you with your questions related to some undocumented or poorly documented combinations of classes/feats etc. If you can't get an answer will e.g. "one-handed" and "seagull" feats work together, you may post a testing request. If there is noone who tested it and can assure it works or not, i will be glad to help us all to find out.
I can check and say if that works, so i can then add the result to wiki and next one wishing to try same combination won't have to go through trial and error and RcR over and over and over.

Welcome to your requests, i will help with those crazy combinations you can't find on nwn2db or simply need to grind you lvl 28 to see if that works!
I post timeframes so when (suddenly), this post gets quite old, you know when it was tested and decide whether those need to be retested.

Pending:
1) -shield bash and damage buffs: Divine wrath? Challenge? Northlander hewing? Bard song? Enlarge?
2) Deadeye shot mechanics explained in details.

Done:
1) Whether or not Archmage's High Arcana: Arcane Fire work with Arcane Trickster's RTA sneak attack.
Hidden: show
No, it doesn't. You land a regular RTA spell attack, but no sneak damage is added. Tested on 28.01.2021
2) Improved Uncanny dodge vs sneak attacks? Does it work as wiki says, or protect from all sneak attacks?
Uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge together do only protect from flank sneak attacks, but not hips/invisibility sneak attacks. Tested on 29.01.2021, big thanks to Nathaniel for helping with it.
4) Does GTWF give more shield bashes to ranger and how many feats it needs to get 3 shield bashes?
It doesn't. You are capped at 3 bashes/round.
Though, instead of 5 total feats needed to take as other class, you can get more shield bashes from ITWF and GTWF as ranger. (up to maximum 3). Tested on 28.02.2021
5) Does arterial strike stack with invisible blade's bleeding SA?
It does. However, i wouldn't recommend anyone to take arterial strike as it is atm. See why:
1. As soon as it uses dummy character to apply, it means you don't see how many damage it deals (you can still see it from enemy HP bar decreasing).
2. As soon as your dummy is removed, if enemy is killed by arterial strike, you won't get XP.
6) Where are new druid dragon shape skills?
When you shift into dragon first time, a small button box will appear in top-left corner of your screen. You can drag it whenever you like and click those buttons for dragon skills (this also applies to Shifter class that is not available to players yet).
7)
1. Does cavestalker allow to get epic wisdom as bonus feat on lvl 7?
2. Does cavestalker allow to take "magical beast" wildshape feat?
3. Does hide in stone only work in caves, or always?
1. It's cavestalker 7 that gives bonus feat and no, you can only choose from natural spell and a bunch of favored enemies.Tested with ranger 14/Cavestalker 7.
2. With ranger 20/cavestalker 10, there were no signs of magical beast available to cavestalker. With druid, however, it's available, but not as bonus feat. Cavestalker still gets favored enemies as his bonus feats (and natural spell). Though, you can get epic shape feats on cavestalker levels, so they are not gated behind druid levelup (which means, you still have to meet the requirements, but it doesn't necessarily need you to pick druid to grab em, contrary to those epic spells which can only be taken on spellcaster class levelup).
3. According to my today test, ranger 20/cavestalker 10 had 3 bonuc AC while being in farmlands. Other feats that directly say about "in natural underground environment" didn't provide their bonuses. Upon entering cave (Bandit cave in northern farmlands as test area), those feats started working.
8) Does druid Dragons Companion get benefits from Greater Magic Fang and Nature's Avatar?
It does, both apply correctly. While in wildshape, druid can apply greater magic fang, but nor Nature's avatar on themself (with natural spell).
Greater magic fang does also work on epic elemental shapes even through they are not animals, technically.
9) Does uncanny dodge make all AC retain or only dex ac (as per wiki)?.
Pc retains all the AC, not just DEX one. Added that to notes on wiki.
10) What type is Taunt AC reduction? Does it stack with flat-footed?
Taunt reduces dodge ac, thus it's useless for PCs who rely on sneak attacks, because flat-footed state, in fact, ignores dodge AC completely, so if PC goes from 0 to -2 dodge AC, it's not accounted and you don't get better hit chance.
11) Does ranger spellcasting qualify for darkfire disciple?
It does.
12) Does Augment Healing work with scrolls?
It doesn't.
13) Does Cavestalker progress ranger-hunter spell?
Well, virtually, it does since hunter can still see his/her spellslots, but they are unable to cast spells, so the overall answer is no.
14) I noticed in Jeggs that Great Cleave can be picked up from Cavestalker feat, does this still hold true?
Yes, it's true. Managed to get it on Cavestalker 3.
15) Charge and enlarge spell. Does Enlarge increase your damage on a charge? Not the +3 damage, the actual size increase (charge feat description mentions damage increase based on actual size)
It doesn't. As it's mentioned in Enlarge Person wiki page, it doesn't actually increase the PC size for game mechanics, it's only model size increase. Your PC is still treated like medium (or other size, depending on your PC race).
16) Ricochet procs. It appears that each damage type is separately applied and is thus mitigated greatly by DR.
Sorry, but QC team doesn't have separate interface or means to split your damages by type. We only have access to get/withdraw xp, an access to a pool of basic gear and that's quite all. So, without Devs, i cannot help you on that.
17) Does Blackguard qualify for Stormlord?
It doesn't, same as Assassin doesn't qualify for spellcasting PrCs. They both have a workaround to have spells, but not real spellbook.
18) Do cavestalker or hierophant progress druid feats like oaken resilience?
They don't. You must have hard 12 druid levels for it.
19) Does cavestalker and hierophant progress druid companion, so is it possible to take dragon companion on less than 21 druid levels?
Well, they do! In fact, you only can grab dragon companion on druid level, but it's totally possible to be (E.G., not real class spread since i didn't recollect it) druid 3/cavestalker 10/ hierophant 9. You grab epic animal companion on lvl 21, then you get to druid 4 (lvl 23 in total) and get dragon companion.
20) Favored enemies, Cavalier, Ranger, Cavestalker, Harper Scout, progression and questions.
Those are several questions i picked from discord.
1) Does Cavalier get his FE dmg progression from Cavestalker and Harper Scout
2) Does Cavalier get his FE dmg progression from Ranger?

The answer is short: no. Cavalier is 5/7 FE progression (compared ranger) and Cavestalker, Harper Scout, Ranger don't progress it. You will have +5 dmg with your FEs as Cavalier.
21) Fighter feats and their requirements: melee weapon mastery.
As i was asked to check which version is correct (never check forum threads from 2015 for the correct info unless somebody explicitly states it's correct, btw. Use wiki!).
Melee weapon master doesn't require anything aside of being fighter 12, just as it's advertised in game. I edited wiki page on it to reflect real information.
22) The wiki description on ricochet does not match game description. Which one is right?
While i wasn't able to understand it myself from testing, i asked skilled warslingers and they told me that wiki description is correct. I've already marked ingame description to be corrected in future, so thanks for finding inconsistency! We'll get rid of them sooner or later :)
You don't lose your attack, it's just that one of your attacks can bounce and hit more enemies.
23) Does Throwing weapons, Xbow, or sling gain damage bonuses from Ranged Precision or Sharp-shooting feats?
While it makes low sense from class description, ranged precision does actually work with bows, xbows, slings and thrown axes. Sharp-shooting feat works too.
Looking into PC sheet for that extra damage, i noticed that it persisted in sheet was longer with bow, than with xbow and others, so i can't be sure all the attacks in round for xbow, sling,throwing axes are affected. Since dmg is quite random thing, it's hard to tell if bonus is applied or not from them.
24) Can a Hierophant with Spell Domain use Inscribe Rune with Anyspell/Greater Anyspell to scribe arcane runes for later use?
You can't inscribe runes with anyspell/greater anyspells, but it seems like an oversight rather than intended since i get "bad strref" in combat log anytime i try to do it.
25) Does Blast Infidel also double the negative damage from arcane spells available from Anyspell/Greater Anyspell, such Vampiric Touch, Negative Energy Burst, etc?
I didn't find way to cast those spells with greater anyspell. If you advise me how you did it, i will test it :)
26) Is moonblade affected by spell resistance?
Contrary to what wiki says, it doesn't. Tested with lvl 4 cleric vs SR 32 QC PC.
27) Does the Hierophant ability [Blast Infidel] apple to the feat [Profane Corruption]? Likewise, does [Faith Healing] apply to the feat [Sacred Purification]?
It's a bit tricky to test such things (Because whether it's 15d6 or 18d6 average, hard to tell from rolls), but, after raiding BG graveyard for some time, i believe, that blast infidel and it's opposite don't affect Profane corruption and it's opposite.
28) Duelward spell explained in details.
Duelward spell allows for single Counterspelling attempt against any enemy that casts spells. What does it mean? Once you've casted duelward and you don't have counterspelling feats, you don't need to target specific mob and turn on counterspelling, it will be done automatically for the first mob to cast spell (keep in mind, you still can't do anything aside from walking in that round in order for it to trigger. Counterspelling limitations still apply).
Basically, this spell simply eliminates the need to target enemy and use counterspell feat on it, but only for single spell. After you tried to counterspell something, duelward ends. Honestly, i feel it should be improved with allowing for infinite counterspells since it doesn't give what epic counterspelling gives (counterspelling regardless of what you do). In my mind, allowing it to remove the need to do target/counterspell on dance on every enemy for it's duration is quite balanced since PC still has to use lvl 5/6 spellslot AND their dispels for counterspelling.
29) when using OOTBI, it seems that using 1 instance of manyshot, removes the bonus from OOBTI entirely and cannot be reactivated properly.
As of OOBI, i got a PC who normally deals 12-24 dmg without any damage bonuses. I went to hunt trolls (Bard/OoBI/AA/EA, 7 APR). Things i noticed:
1) Ranged precision seems to kick into action about 1 second after attack is queued. Which means, if one is close enough to starts shooting immediately, first 1-2-3 hits don't get the bonus damage. And, funnily enough, it actually kicks in even if you have automanishot that also kicks in in same manner. If you are in shooting range, you will produce normal attack, but if there is a delay between your command to attack and actual attack happening (enemy outside shooting range), then both manyshot and ranged precision kick in.
2) Ranged precision turns off about 1 second after it's applied, which usually means attack 5-7 don't get it's bonus too.
2) Basically, when you shoot enemy immediately, you don't get ranged precision on attacks 1-2, then on attacks 5-7. You can get even less of them if you fight in melee range since ranged precision activation is not round-based, so mobs attacking you between your attacks can break timings.
3) Yeah, i believe, OoBI could have a revisit since it's current mechanics are really wonky.
Manyshot is, sadly, hardcoded, so it's not much can be done to it. I believe it totally can cause wonky behavior, especially >manyshot on trigger.
30) Epic precision and ranged attacks (if it works)
It totally does work. Just mind the range since sneak attack is roughly 20-30 feet only before it stops triggering. (i honestly don't remember exact numbers).
31) Staggering Strike (applies slow spell on sneak attack). Does it work? How does it work?
It works similar to pommel strike etc, so it's not like EW or Blinding strike. You activate it on target while in sneak (should be really close to it). It then produces PC copy. It's a full round action, so, honestly, it's quite useless. Maybe, if it was 3 round long, that could serve some use, but you basically waste your round to deliver 1 attack in order slow enemy for 1 round...
32) Rogue 10/Blackguard 10/Dragon Slayer 10 is supposed to have Blackguard caster level of 23. If I take Practiced Spell Caster (Blackguard feat), will I have caster level of 27, or just 25?
From my testing, it's is 25. Makes sense cause BG only accounts non-caster levels while practiced spellcaster does "virtually" add more caster levels inside non-caster ones. So you have 10 CL from blackguard, 10 more of DS (6 + 4 PS) + 5 from non-caster classes.
Last edited by EasternCheesE on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:24 am, edited 45 times in total.
Svabodnik

Re: Feats/skills etc you are in doubt? EC can try and tell if it works.

Unread post by Svabodnik »

I remember it being asked at one point whether or not Archmage's High Arcana: Arcane Fire worked with Arcane Trickster's RTA sneak attack. Since I believe the discussion was redirected to "whether it would even be worth it" rather than "whether or not it works", I don't believe a concrete answer was reached on the question.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Added info about Arterial strike and druid dragon shape active abilities.
WobbleTop

Unread post by WobbleTop »

Does cavestalker get access to epic wisdom at 8th level with their bonus feat?
The info I have read seems a bit vauge. "Rangery stuff, plus some extras." So I would assume not.
Would still like to know to plan builds.

Edit: Also, does Cavestalker get access to Magical beast epic feat from their bonus feat?
SuperEdit: Also does Magical beast include Shadowspider and what is it's current stats? The picture at the bottom of this website seems old:

https://bgtscc.fandom.com/wiki/Wildshape
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

WobbleTop wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:24 pm Does cavestalker get access to epic wisdom at 8th level with their bonus feat?
The info I have read seems a bit vauge. "Rangery stuff, plus some extras." So I would assume not.
Would still like to know to plan builds.

Edit: Also, does Cavestalker get access to Magical beast epic feat from their bonus feat?
SuperEdit: Also does Magical beast include Shadowspider and what is it's current stats? The picture at the bottom of this website seems old:

https://bgtscc.fandom.com/wiki/Wildshape
Hi there.
Please see answers added in first post, also please do not refer to that fandom wiki, it's really outdated and is not maintained. If you want to look for info, please always refer to this wiki: https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title=Cavestalker.
WobbleTop

Oh! Not ranger. Druid! Druid cavestalker!
I do believe druid has some of the requirements that magical beast wildshape would require.
But as you say, you seem to keep confirming that the cavestalker feats are handpicked, magical beast wildshape is unlikely to be there.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

WobbleTop wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:21 am Oh! Not ranger. Druid! Druid cavestalker!
I do believe druid has some of the requirements that magical beast wildshape would require.
But as you say, you seem to keep confirming that the cavestalker feats are handpicked, magical beast wildshape is unlikely to be there.
Checked that too. You can't take it as bonus, but can as regular feat you get every 2 epic levels. And yeah, that spooky looking spidey is here!
Druid 22/ cavestalker 8, stats are:
STR/CON/DEX - 26, 32 AB (with 24 BAB), 31 AC (with 19 default unbuffed). I didn't take cavestalker to 10, so there may be a bit more AC with 10 cause hide of stone feat gets progression
WobbleTop

Does druid Dragons Companion get benifits from Greater Magic Fang and Nature's Avatar?

According to regular Nwn2 Wiki there seems to be a bug that prevents this:
https://nwn2.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Companion

The bgtscc wiki says neither:
https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title ... _Companion

Has this been fixed in bgtscc?
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

WobbleTop wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:59 am Does druid Dragons Companion get benifits from Greater Magic Fang and Nature's Avatar?

According to regular Nwn2 Wiki there seems to be a bug that prevents this:
https://nwn2.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Companion

The bgtscc wiki says neither:
https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title ... _Companion

Has this been fixed in bgtscc?
It does work. You can see more details in the initial post, i carry things there.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Added points 9 and 10.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Few more additions.
blacksoft

Unread post by blacksoft »

-Since Cavestalker spell progression works differently (need to log out and come back in), does it pick up spell progression on a Hunter ranger?

-I noticed in Jeggs that Great Cleave can be picked up from Cavestalker feat, does this still hold true?

-shield bash and damage buffs:

Divine wrath? Challenge? Northlander hewing? Bard song? Enlarge?

-Charge and enlarge spell. Does Enlarge increase your damage on a charge? Not the +3 damage, the actual size increase (charge feat description mentions damage increase based on actual size)

-Ricochet procs. It appears that each damage type is separately applied and is thus mitigated greatly by DR. I'm most interested in the separate physical damage types on a ricochet proc such as the weapon base damage + physical damage enchantment + strength damag etc I can't tell what is being split out in the display string and thus how much of the damage is being mitigated via DR mobs

-the wiki description on ricochet does not match game description. Which one is right?

-Does Blackguard qualify for Stormlord??

That's it for now. Thanks.👍
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

-Since Cavestalker spell progression works differently (need to log out and come back in), does it pick up spell progression on a Hunter ranger?
.No, as hunter don't have any spells.

-I noticed in Jeggs that Great Cleave can be picked up from Cavestalker feat, does this still hold true?
-no idea

-shield bash and damage buffs:
.non apply, not even a bard song.

Divine wrath? Challenge? Northlander hewing? Bard song? Enlarge?
???

-Charge and enlarge spell. Does Enlarge increase your damage on a charge?
.There is no actual size increase from the spell.

-Ricochet procs. It appears that each damage type is separately applied and is thus mitigated greatly by DR. I'm most interested in the separate physical damage types on a ricochet proc such as the weapon base damage + physical damage enchantment + strength damag etc I can't tell what is being split out in the display string and thus how much of the damage is being mitigated via DR mobs
.Yes, it becomes less useful against epic spawns.

-the wiki description on ricochet does not match game description. Which one is right?
.?

-Does Blackguard qualify for Stormlord??
.No, as it has no real spellbook.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

@blacksoft
I added your questions and answers to the list.
For 2 things, i need more time to test and to ask other people since it's hard to get if warsling sniper loses 1 attack with ricochet shot or gets one free attack, without having some time playing it.

@Theodore01, thanks for posting answers, i rechecked them in game and they are correct :)
blacksoft

Unread post by blacksoft »

Thank you to you both. I did not expect a response that fast!

Hmm, the fact that shield bash can't get buffs from other damage sources makes it a poor choice outside of sneak attack builds against epic DR baddies. I see GTW + Athkatlan a much better prospect, especially if one is already not going to be using NH feat.

I am saddened on the no synergy of powerful charge + enlarge spell.

Return to “Mechanics”