Anointed Knight/Warrior of Darkness Spell Resistance

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Sun Wukong

Anointed Knight/Warrior of Darkness Spell Resistance

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

In PnP, both get stock spell resistance of 20. Why not give them that here? Additionally, how about that 'spell resistance of 20' feat opening access to 'Improved Spell Resistance' feats, with the said added into the PRC bonus feat list.

Thus Anointed Knight/Warrior of Darkness could get spell resistance of 34 by spending 7 epic feats on Improved Spell Resistance... Or just be happy with 32 from Cloak of Shimmering.

You know, more choices for people to make.

Edit:
A build like:

Rogue 17/Shadowdancer 3/Warrior of Darkness 10 could get Spell Resistance of 38... At the cost of Epic Precision. So... realistically speaking, maximum of 36 spell resistance?
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Born2BeWild

Re: Anointed Knight/Warrior of Darkness Spell Resistance

Unread post by Born2BeWild »

Sun Wukong wrote:'spell resistance of 20' feat opening access to 'Improved Spell Resistance' feats, with the said added into the PRC bonus feat list.
With that drow can get 50+sr
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

AK and WoD are already the must pick melee/warrior PRC (as well as a very strong pick for a Fighter/Rogue hybrid, even without sneak dice). I can't see giving them anything extra, especially to a top tier PRC.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Sun Wukong

Born2BeWild wrote:
Sun Wukong wrote:'spell resistance of 20' feat opening access to 'Improved Spell Resistance' feats, with the said added into the PRC bonus feat list.
Monk 13 allows drow to get 50+ spell resistance...
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

Born2BeWild wrote:
From my understanding Racial SR and PRC/Class SR do not stack. So this is untrue by that logic.
Kory Sentinel
"We should take the army head on!"

"... it sounds like a terrible idea, but look at that smile."
"And he just sounds so confident ... he is a favored soul."
"Even if we don't survive, he will, and isn't that what matters?" -Red Lancer
Born2BeWild

drow got 41sr at lvl 30, if you spend 5 epic feats on improved spell resistance it can reach 51 sr
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

Born2BeWild wrote:drow got 41sr at lvl 30, if you spend 5 epic feats on improved spell resistance it can reach 51 sr
If those Epic Feats are opened up by a PRC feat then I do not believe they will be applied to Racial SR.
Kory Sentinel

Born2BeWild

in case of monk they do
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

Born2BeWild wrote:in case of monk they do
Right the bug that is associated with Diamond soul and Monk to qualify the feats. However if we were to what is being suggested I would bet sure as (#2) the devs will just make a new Improved Spell Resistance Feat and thus fix this bug as I am sure they have no intention of continuing that bug and letting drow get SR higher than a full monkey can do.
Kory Sentinel

Sun Wukong

I have nothing against Diamond Soul/Improved Spell Resistance/Racial Spell Resistance being fixed. I just do not even know what to suggest...

But in the case of suggested base Spell Resistance of 20 for Anointed Knight/Warrior of Darkness, there could be a script that checks if the character has any pre-existing Spell Resistance either from Monk's Diamond Soul or Drow's/Deep Gnome's racial feat before granting the Anointed KNight/Warrior of Darkness spell resistance.

This way, a Drow Warrior of Darkness could not use Improved Spell Resistance feats to improve their racial spell resistance, and anyone else that wants more than 20 Spell Resistance would have to burn their epic feats for them, which by default means lower ability scores without the epic feat invesment in feats such as Great Strength, or Dexterity.
- Elminster, probably.

Return to “Mechanics”