Staves with Enhanced DC

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

sir_blacksoutalot
Recognized Donor

Staves with Enhanced DC

Unread post by sir_blacksoutalot »

For casters who specialize in a school of magic, it would be great if a staff (or other items) could be imbued with properties to increase DCs by up to +1, +2, or maybe/maybe not up to a +3 bonus.

I wouldn't want this to replace casters needing to invest in Spell Focus feats. But it would be nice to have magic items that complement that feat investment, similar to how melee fighters look for an Enhancement Bonus to boost weapon damage.

Would it even be possible to boost caster DCs through an item bonus? I'm not sure if DCs are something that can be altered.

|> Glymuldor Gryxulmyr — Moon Elf Shadowmancer
|> Voskul Gloamfathom — Genasi Shadow Archer
|> Vyrana Ravenmoor — Priestess of Misfortune
|> Grum Grognazdiak — Dwarven Trickster
kitteninablender

Re: Staves with Enhanced DC

Unread post by kitteninablender »

Magic items with Spell Focus/Greater Spell Focus/Epic Spell Focus are definitely doable.

Can't make them stack though. Not without giving them something like Red Wizard specialization, which would just increase Caster Levels and variable dependency, not DC. Unless it raised the CL by the threshold over 30 to raise it.

But I could certainly see something along the lines of a Staff of Evocation: 50 charges. Expel charges for things like Fireball/Lightning Bolt, and grants Spell Focus: Evocation as a bonus feat for holding it.
Chaos is relative. What is normal for the Spider is Chaos for the Fly.
Lockonnow

Re: Staves with Enhanced DC

Unread post by Lockonnow »

You became one with the staff no it will not give much DC cant see the point but i once ask a feat if you are Archamge you sould get one extre SpellPower if you in same party with other archmage

Return to “Mechanics”