Big thank you on chests

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Hoihe

Re: Big thank you on chests

Unread post by Hoihe »

Theodore01 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:32 pm There are plenty of hours during the day with only ~6 to 10 people online, finding someone within ones level-range and playstyle is often impossible.
And even if there are players online, often finding party members your character can associate with due to religion or alignment is awfully difficult. Quite a number of characters cannot knowingly work with those of dark faiths, yet quite a few rogue types openly worship dark deities, or are shady enough to reasonably assume they do.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
gedweyignasia
Custom Content

Unread post by gedweyignasia »

Snarfy wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:52 pm I did a hilltop ruins -> underground -> to FAI with a character who had zero open locks skill, and using no version of knock(via item, or spell), and did not break a single item.

That's all the hints I am giving :dance:
Just proactively confirming this isn't a bug, and the system is working as intended. May change in the future, but I'm very happy with where it's at for now.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

gedweyignasia wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:05 pm
Snarfy wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:52 pm I did a hilltop ruins -> underground -> to FAI with a character who had zero open locks skill, and using no version of knock(via item, or spell), and did not break a single item.

Just proactively confirming this isn't a bug, and the system is working as intended. May change in the future, but I'm very happy with where it's at for now.
PM sent!
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
MadSeer

Unread post by MadSeer »

Steve wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:34 pm
MadSeer wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:04 pm It happens rarely enough that it's fine, but I think the only thing it will change, if anything, is that more players will ignore RP skills to dump points in Open Lock. Not a huge fan since there are already Open Lock-only chests out there.
Give Chests an Intimidate DC check!! :mrgreen:
Gonna put the fear of the gods in that lock
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

MadSeer wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:37 pm
Steve wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:34 pm
MadSeer wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:04 pm It happens rarely enough that it's fine, but I think the only thing it will change, if anything, is that more players will ignore RP skills to dump points in Open Lock. Not a huge fan since there are already Open Lock-only chests out there.
Give Chests an Intimidate DC check!! :mrgreen:
Gonna put the fear of the gods in that lock
He ain’t called Ao the Intimidator for nothin’!! :dance:

Wait.... :think:

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Are there any summons that can open locks? Don't see why my angel can't do it for me.
AKA Dae-Glyth
Discord: Dae-Glyth#1759
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Ewe wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:17 am Are there any summons that can open locks? Don't see why my angel can't do it for me.
I think there are a number of summons that have open lock skill points, the problem is there's no way for the summoner to issue an "open lock" command to a summon. The only way(that I know of) to command a summon to interact with objects is with the use of the 'Control Henchman' button, which defaults the summon into one course of action: attack. Or in the case of containers, smash.
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

Snarfy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:27 am
Ewe wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:17 am Are there any summons that can open locks? Don't see why my angel can't do it for me.
I think there are a number of summons that have open lock skill points, the problem is there's no way for the summoner to issue an "open lock" command to a summon. The only way(that I know of) to command a summon to interact with objects is with the use of the 'Control Henchman' button, which defaults the summon into one course of action: attack. Or in the case of containers, smash.
V (voice commands)->D (duties/tasks)-> can't remember.
Might be V->E. Not sure, one of the V commands.
Should direct them to try open, if can't bash.

You can also use V commands to get them to sneak.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Hoihe wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:44 am V (voice commands)->D (duties/tasks)-> can't remember.
Might be V->E. Not sure, one of the V commands.
Should direct them to try open, if can't bash.

You can also use V commands to get them to sneak.
Oh jeez, I never even looked there. It's V (voice commands)->D (duties/tasks)-> W pick lock.

I'll go play with this when I get a chance.

** Post play edit ** - I'm struggling to find a summon that has open locks skill, heh. I tested with a summon that had zero points... all that happened when I highlighted the chest and issued the voice command to 'pick lock' was the summon attacking the chest. I'll try again later with different summons.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

After summoning at least 6 greater planer creatures, and 6 more lessers, the only one that I managed to find that had any open locks investments was the Coure. Which is a very small fairy looking thing, and otherwise mechanically weak. RP value... sure? :? I'm too lazy to drag one to a chest and try, so, there ya go.
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

Kinda veering off topic here, but...

I think the succubus or the eerinyes, when in woman form, has OL.

Its been a mission of mine to find a named summon with OL on one of my characters. Im not holding my breath.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow »

People you dont know if a item is broke it's lie in the chest when you smash the chest but you dont know if the item that is a broke it is a item call broke item their code or if is a true take the chance :D
gedweyignasia
Custom Content

Unread post by gedweyignasia »

gedweyignasia wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:05 pm

Just an advance warning that in the future you'll be able to roll a 1 when attempting this...

Return to “Mechanics”