Feats/skills etc you are in doubt? EC can try and tell if it works.

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: Feats/skills etc you are in doubt? EC can try and tell if it works.

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Awesome blow and Brutal strike are also wasted feats.
TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

Hey EC,

This set of questions concerns Fist of the Forest's interaction with the shape change mechanic.

1) Does the CON AC bonus increase based on the shape's CON bonus?
2) Does the unarmed damage increase apply to a shape's unarmed damage?
3) Does the feral trance adjust its duration once you shapechange to a high CON shape?
"Are you Thor? God of Hammers?"
blacksoft

Unread post by blacksoft »

blacksoft wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:15 pm Does Epic Precision work for OOTBI? THANKS!
I see you may have misunderstood this question. I know that epic precision works with ranged (sneak attacks) attacks. The question is whether it works with the special damage of OOTBI since per description, this damage does not apply on crit or sneak attack immune enemies.

I would also want to know if you get full damage against sneak attack immune, half damage, or no damage for a character that has epic precision and OOTBI levels.

Thanks!
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

blacksoft wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:50 pm
blacksoft wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:15 pm Does Epic Precision work for OOTBI? THANKS!
I see you may have misunderstood this question. I know that epic precision works with ranged (sneak attacks) attacks. The question is whether it works with the special damage of OOTBI since per description, this damage does not apply on crit or sneak attack immune enemies.

I would also want to know if you get full damage against sneak attack immune, half damage, or no damage for a character that has epic precision and OOTBI levels.

Thanks!
1) You get half damage for SA, as of ranged precision, it's hard to tell because:
2) I have explained OoBI mechanics a bit earlier and, from it, it's quite clear that SA + OoBI renders OoBI useless because it doesn't kick in immediately. I believe, you will shoot 2 out of 3 of your arrows in first turn before that +10 dmg actually kicks in. Also, please keep in mind that the only way QC has to test things is by rolling a PC and manually checking. Thus, when we speak of dice damage, it's long and not reliable process. Say, i roll a 4d6 SA OoBI. it's average is 14 dmg, but, in fact, it's anything from 4 to 28 on top of weapon damage dice randomness. Combined with OoBI ranged precision mechanics where i hardly can say whether attack get boost or not in first place, it'd take quite a time to investigate. Dmg roll randomness, sneak dice randomness - many variables that make things hard to test. The only way i can do is just hitting enemies long enough to make sure the roll goes over regular damage.

Long story short, without OoBI ranged precision being reworked, i won't recommend using it because even if it works, you won't get +10 Dmg bonus for sneak in 70% cases because it doesn't kick in immediately after you press "attack".
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

TheKai wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:07 pm Hey EC,

This set of questions concerns Fist of the Forest's interaction with the shape change mechanic.

1) Does the CON AC bonus increase based on the shape's CON bonus?
2) Does the unarmed damage increase apply to a shape's unarmed damage?
3) Does the feral trance adjust its duration once you shapechange to a high CON shape?
1) It doesn't.
2) Yeah, you get 1d4 bludgeoning (tested with cornugon shape from lvl 9 wiz spell)
3) It doesn't.
blacksoft

Unread post by blacksoft »

EasternCheesE wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:11 am
blacksoft wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:50 pm

Thanks!
1) You get half damage for SA, as of ranged precision, it's hard to tell because:
2) I have explained OoBI mechanics a bit earlier and, from it, it's quite clear that SA + OoBI renders OoBI useless because it doesn't kick in immediately. I believe, you will shoot 2 out of 3 of your arrows in first turn before that +10 dmg actually kicks in. Also, please keep in mind that the only way QC has to test things is by rolling a PC and manually checking. Thus, when we speak of dice damage, it's long and not reliable process. Say, i roll a 4d6 SA OoBI. it's average is 14 dmg, but, in fact, it's anything from 4 to 28 on top of weapon damage dice randomness. Combined with OoBI ranged precision mechanics where i hardly can say whether attack get boost or not in first place, it'd take quite a time to investigate. Dmg roll randomness, sneak dice randomness - many variables that make things hard to test. The only way i can do is just hitting enemies long enough to make sure the roll goes over regular damage.

Long story short, without OoBI ranged precision being reworked, i won't recommend using it because even if it works, you won't get +10 Dmg bonus for sneak in 70% cases because it doesn't kick in immediately after you press "attack".
Fair.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Does Archmage's "High Arcana: Mastery of the Elements" allow me to change the type of damage dealt with Elemental Shield spell?

When you use Polymorph Self or Shapechange, do feats such as Divine Might, Epic Divine Might, and Divine Shield still work? Do they add any damage or AC?
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

YYA wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:46 am Does Archmage's "High Arcana: Mastery of the Elements" allow me to change the type of damage dealt with Elemental Shield spell?

When you use Polymorph Self or Shapechange, do feats such as Divine Might, Epic Divine Might, and Divine Shield still work? Do they add any damage or AC?
1) Yes.
2) They do.

Upd.
Last edited by EasternCheesE on Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Thank you.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Ah, one small thing i forgot to mention. I didn't check epic divine might since i forgot about it, but i don't see reasons it won't work as divine might works.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Ah, another question. Is a Bearlock possible? In other words, does the Hideus Blow work with Bear Rage of the Bear Warrior PRC?
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

YYA wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:58 am Ah, another question. Is a Bearlock possible? In other words, does the Hideus Blow work with Bear Rage of the Bear Warrior PRC?
I didn't try it, but i don't see reason for it not to work. Hideous blow is a mode, so if you land a melee attack, it will trigger. Your rage etc enhancements shouldn't affect it anyhow.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Well, I have not used Hideous Blow in a very long time, so I am not sure of how it is implemented as a mode. And you know, I have this faint memory that I am not the first one to bring up the Bearlocks -- and thus hideous blow might not work while in bear form -- I think there was a time you could not use it if you used the invocation to turn yourself into a Cornugon. It is just bunch of old and ancient stuff.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

YYA wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:43 am Well, I have not used Hideous Blow in a very long time, so I am not sure of how it is implemented as a mode. And you know, I have this faint memory that I am not the first one to bring up the Bearlocks -- and thus hideous blow might not work while in bear form -- I think there was a time you could not use it if you used the invocation to turn yourself into a Cornugon. It is just bunch of old and ancient stuff.
Currently, you cast hideous blow to turn the mode on/off. Then, it automatically applies every turn and triggers once a round when you land successful melee attack (even if it deals 0 dmg due to DR). For melee-oriented warlock, on can just cast hideous blow when they log in and have it on for the whole day, it's not removed on rest. Also, you can use >hideousglow off to remove it's VFX so people don't identify you as warlock immediately.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Thank you, it is good to know.

Return to “Mechanics”