Add a quest to Kraak Helzak.

Suggestions for Improving Existing Quests, Ideas for Future Quests

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Add a quest to Kraak Helzak.

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

Part one get a keg of ale from the brewer in Nashkel. Bring it to the Tavern in Kraak Helzak.

Part two deliver ale to the priest, Slayers, merchants, gnomes, nobles, and the wagon guy.

Quest 2: collect orc ears/goblin ears and turn them in for a reward. Very similar to minotaur quest.
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
Aeb Ankor

Re: Add a quest to Kraak Helzak.

Unread post by Aeb Ankor »

What?!? Drink Nashkel brewed beer????? Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Better make that a delivery of KH Finest Ale keg TO Nashkel or elsewhere

Good ideas for adding life to KH
"It is a good bet that I like your character, more than I like you... keep it IC and close to lore and we might stay friends."

"I hate snowflakes and butterflies, die die die!'

#OrcLivesMatter
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

KH is one of the server's beautiful areas, sitting utterly neglected up there in the foothills :(

If you haven't seen it already, get on up there and have a look!
Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Tsidkenu wrote: And you'll need a KH member to get you into those awesome halls :mrgreen:
Not true it is a city not a guild hall.
Stonebar
Retired Staff

Unread post by Stonebar »

I have a quest from Stonebar still. That was collecting a Troll head from a powerful troll, sort of a bounty and teaching tool for the beardlings rolled in to one. All that would be needed is to add the troll head to a selected spawns drop, and add the npc in to KH (perhaps some npc beardlings he's instructing as well). No need to add it to the journal format as it's all convo, sort of an open quest with a small reward. Or it could be added to the journal as a once a week but gives a larger reward.
Revenark Stonehold Kingswarden of Stonebar. Despite the weight of his vows he will never allow himself to fail his responsibility to family regardless of personal cost[/strike]

Forum name honors the Stonebar alliance. I'm not Stonebar
Tsidkenu

If it's not a 'guild hall' then why is the entrance locked to non-KH?

And btw, I meant 'halls' in the generic sense, because that's what they are, guild or no.
Stonebar
Retired Staff

It's not locked
Revenark Stonehold Kingswarden of Stonebar. Despite the weight of his vows he will never allow himself to fail his responsibility to family regardless of personal cost[/strike]

Tsidkenu

Just proves how long it's been since the last time I was there :P
Stonebar
Retired Staff

It was locked a very short period of time years ago, and is a common misperception. As AlwaysSummer Day said Kraak Helzak has always been a city faction not a guild. Sadly.

Tsidkenu

Best way to get ppl there is make an epic dwarven merchant who sells MFP/MBP. :mrgreen:
tfunke
Custom Content

Unread post by tfunke »

Aeb Ankor wrote:What?!? Drink Nashkel brewed beer????? Ewwwwwwwwwww!
Actually, if you read up on the lore on Nashkel, it brews well renowned ale there. That's why I added the brewer inside the Nashkel township, with the idea that it could one day be a quest. I like the above idea of using it as a point in a quest.
Per aspera ad astra
NegInfinity

Unread post by NegInfinity »

Tsidkenu wrote:If it's not a 'guild hall' then why is the entrance locked to non-KH?

And btw, I meant 'halls' in the generic sense, because that's what they are, guild or no.
The entrance to kraak helzak has been open for visitors for at least 6 months. Just visit and see for yourself.
AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

The first quest idea is to actually get people to go the KH. Part 2 will get them to explore it. Oh and the brewer in Nashkel is a dwarf iirc.

The second quest idea is to get people to come back. While the single troll head would get them back once, orc ears would diversify from the Candlekeep quest and likewise send players to two sets of woods for varying rewards. It keeps low epics and lowbies on the road to Kraak Helzak.

The NPC merchant there sadly sells jack crap. +3 equipment that is all. Not even health kits and potions iirc. It really needs something special like a higher buy price (1400 like the duergar in the UD) this would match the fair trade lore Dwarves are renown for.

Right now KH sits unused. A waste of beautiful area design. Anything that can bring players to the fringes of the world to behold it is worth it imo.
Stonebar
Retired Staff

I loved the brewers quest idea. I understand about diversifying, but any bounty should include Trolls as well given the location/threat. Even if it works just like Candlekeep (which does not seem like a real "quest" anymore) giving the same reward. We can have a Bounty collector npc (not a book) that takes the Troll claw hides, and Goblin/Orc ears. This should not replace the coin giving book at CK as Orc can't use KH.

Return to “Quests”