Suggestion: Make quests doable daily...

Suggestions for Improving Existing Quests, Ideas for Future Quests

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

V'rass

Suggestion: Make quests doable daily...

Unread post by V'rass »

I think making quests doable daily is a good idea. It slightly speeds up lving, it aids in making decent amounts of gold, and if nothing else it gives one something to do when not much is going on server-side. It would fix a lot of the grinding issues as well since this would make the quests worth more to do. It should be easy to make such a change.
"To understand magic one must first understand magic."

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.
NegInfinity

Re: Suggestion: Make quests doable daily...

Unread post by NegInfinity »

V'rass wrote:I think making quests doable daily is a good idea. It slightly speeds up lving, it aids in making decent amounts of gold, and if nothing else it gives one something to do when not much is going on server-side. It would fix a lot of the grinding issues as well since this would make the quests worth more to do. It should be easy to make such a change.
Well... at the very least people would be able to pick their favorite quests.
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

This would at least allow me to commit a good month to getting a PC to 30 from 15 now. So basically everyday quests allows you to go from 1-30 in less than 3 months with extreme commitment. 2-4 hours per day on quests getting roughly 8500 XP each day. It would however drain what little bit of soul I have left and leave nothing but a meat bag husk of a man........ :lol:
Kory Sentinel
"We should take the army head on!"

"... it sounds like a terrible idea, but look at that smile."
"And he just sounds so confident ... he is a favored soul."
"Even if we don't survive, he will, and isn't that what matters?" -Red Lancer
Wandering_Woodsman

Unread post by Wandering_Woodsman »

I think that before this could be considered, a few points need to be understood and verified.

1.) how long is the current day/night cycle in game?
2.) Does this cycle apply equally to EVERY SINGLE AREA IN THE GAME AT ONCE?
3.) If not, how easily can it be changed? (Answer is probably: Hah..not very.)
4.) Does the cycle have a start/end point at each server down/up?

Until and unless all those questions can be answered, this is pretty much a moot point.
While it may, indeed, be possible to make all quests reset at 12:00 AM midnight every day, it has to be done so that that event doesn't break every single script on the planet because not every zone works upon the same timescale.
"Now see, that's good information there. For a second, I thought you'd just met a chicken god."

Toman Ironarm
- Blacksmith of the Phoenix Company

You know, only on the Coast would that have needed to be said. :?
Blackman D
Retired Staff

Unread post by Blackman D »

day/night cycle is irrelevant

quests reset off a timer which is currently 7 days, daily reset would be a 24 hr timer from when it was completed

so two people doing the same quest, one finishes at 1400 and the other at 2100, it would reset at 1400 and 2100 the next day
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tekill »

I would keep the quests weekly.
Its not a race to get to 30. It is the journey, not the destination that makes the game fun.
So yeah, life does not start at level 30. Once you get to 30 you have to start thinking of goals other then grinding/questing. Start on them goals while a lowbie- slowly develop them in game.
I raced to get to epics levels- did not stop to smell the roses.
One thing I could have focused more on was making allies and connections while leveling- RP the process a little more. Develop allies, connections, Frienemies, personal story, all while leveling up. RP'd the rise to power a bit more.

Having the quests done daily could and probably will marginalize this experience.

Second reason. Once you hit your level 20's. It gets harder to level up. This is a challenge that all the level 30's before us accepted- and beat. If we suddenly make it easier for us to get to 30. We are not "really" reaching level 30. It would be more like psuedo 30. We simply would not be in the same league as the 30's that did it the hard way.
They would be all like: "you not a real 30 like us...you are just one of those wiener "daily 30's"
You really wanna be a "daily 30" ?
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Ambaryerno

Unread post by Ambaryerno »

I'm just glad to have repeatable quests at all. Played on servers without them, and it can just be brutal.
Julia "la Belle" - Duelist, singer, and shameless flirt. Currently deciding whether she wants to fight you or @$%& you.
Julia's Songbook

Lucia Kayla - If her parents find out she left the Island she'll likely be grounded until she's 500.
V'rass

Unread post by V'rass »

Allowing daily quests wont speed up the lving process THAT much lol. Even with quests daily it would take months to reach 30 unless you spend all your time doing the quests. Its not however lving alone that it boosts... it lets you make a steady and reliable source of coin without having to grind, loot run, or do any combat at all in most cases. Also it will cause more players to use the quests and thus visit the areas those quests are situated at. This would bring more players into areas currently under-used. This would be a good thing.

Wandering_Woodsman

I'm leaning towards daily quests myself, especially if they can be implemented without major headache.

For some classes (read: mages, some rogue styles, etc) you are limited with what you can do without a group. Repeatable missions to me would help get your character through the rough patches. It won't be a MAJOR help, but it's better then sittin' on your arse twiddlin' your thumbs.
"Now see, that's good information there. For a second, I thought you'd just met a chicken god."

Toman Ironarm

Blackman D
Retired Staff

Unread post by Blackman D »

daily quests would be a rather big boost, especially to ecl races
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
AC81

Unread post by AC81 »

So you're saying you want quest xp multiplied by 7? A big no from me. And yes, 50k possible xp vs 8k possible xp per week IS a big change/deal.
Draviir - Luskanite mercenary and trader of exquisite goods.
Quinath Nar - Monastic warrior from Waterdeep
Wandering_Woodsman

While I see your point AC81, I also have to point out that, on occasion, real life trumps gametime. While I like to be able to do the occasional quests (and I admit, I also don't know enough about the server to be able to do all the quests available at x,y and z levels) I also know that occasionally, my gameplay is cut short because something goes wonky in the real world.

Being able to pop in when I can to do the missions I'm able to within my time limit would be great.

Toman Ironarm

Tekill
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tekill »

There should be quest guides on the forums for the surface quests...(sry at work- no time to find it/them atm). What one could do is complete some quests at certain times of the week once one knows all the quests. Split them up...might help.

I personally do not have the time nor the patience to quest...I usually do it after I die and need to regain my lost exp.

So on that note, I really doubt everyone will want to spend hours every single days questing.
Then again, there are indeed players that become very determined to get thier player levelled up. More so the closer you get to 30. I imagine if I were to ever hit 29, I would be pretty motivated to quest up as much as possible to reach that cap.
Dailies will make it easier no doubt...but too easy...it could still be debated.

I still say though that it would make things easy enough where you'd fall under the label of a - 'Daily 30'! :P
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
V'rass

Unread post by V'rass »

They would be all like: "you not a real 30 like us...you are just one of those wiener "daily 30's"
You really wanna be a "daily 30" ?
*Tidied up a bit by Wyatt*
Last edited by Wyatt on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unrelated to the topic of the thread - Wyatt

aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Wyatt enters, hooks his thumbs in his gunbelt and motions this post to the door with a nod of his head.
Last edited by Wyatt on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unrelated to the topic of the thread - Wyatt
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley

Return to “Quests”