Soubar quests

Suggestions for Improving Existing Quests, Ideas for Future Quests

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Fionn

Soubar quests

Unread post by Fionn »

gedweyignasia suggested we post any inspiration here.

Diggers: I used to have a NWN1 treasure hunting script using a DM placeable 'X' that I'd have a barkeep give players vague directions towards. If they bothered to buy a shovel before heading out, they could dig up a random loot chest. I don't know if the NWN2 toolset supports scripted random placeables, but you could certainly DM place something less noticeable (invisible) if folk want to try to dig up the surrounding maps.

NOTE: Digging in certain spots in Soubar summons helmed horrors to the digger, due to an ancient guardian spell of unknown origin!
Last edited by Fionn on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fionn

Re: Soubar quests

Unread post by Fionn »

"Often raided by goblinkin and bugbears" - obvious hook for weekly combat quest nearby. I'm not picturing an obvious place without area redisign, so perhaps the caravan can take you to the 'Soubar Hills' to fight a random spawn.
Fionn

Unread post by Fionn »

Parlay with the Banites "At its heart is the old stone ruin of a temple or abbey of Bane, known as the Black Abbey."

Mag (or one of the ne'redowell outside) needs a package picked up from the Banites below. It would require a faction change when using a key on the door to the inner temple. Obviously, this should only be offered to those following Bane or his allies. Inspection of the package would require a Sleight of Hand check to avoid detection (incurring Mag's ire). Random implements of torture and poisons shouldn't be a bother to those following Bane.
Fionn

Unread post by Fionn »

Pet Retrieval "Kill-trained pets cost twice the usual prices."

Fetch me a subdued Wolf, Bear etc. There should be a trainer in need of raw stock of local fauna.
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

raid a small human encampment for the ogre. steal the children and bring them back to be eaten. make a separate instance where difficulty is adjustable due to Ch level. have the transition be only usable if you have the map which is consumed upon entry.

edit taking the quest puts 2 points evil
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley

Return to “Quests”