Commercial Exchange Courier

Suggestions for Improving Existing Quests, Ideas for Future Quests

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Glowfire

Commercial Exchange Courier

Unread post by Glowfire »

I can't stand it any more.

The Commercial Exchange Courier who stands in the BG East Gate District auto-says the same silly phrase every time a PC walks past. It's one of the more involved quests in a higher level area, so few take it.

Can it pretty please be moved inside the SCCE building instead? It's frustrating to RP in that area with the quest-spam message.

Me standing there for less than five minutes:
Hidden: show
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Tsidkenu

Re: Commercial Exchange Courier

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Questgiver was originally supposed to be inside the Order of the Lions (you know, looking for adventurers in the adventurers guild). Not sure why it was put outside but it is certainly one of the more obnoxious ones yes.
qwertyh88

Unread post by qwertyh88 »

How does this quest work? I have gotten on a few occassions but I never seem to find any package?

--As a side note, the rescue for the hostage located in the goblin mine given from the merchant place..how does that work? Sometimes, when I run to the mine after getting the quest, I don't see the hostages??? ---

Both are frustrating quests...
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

qwertyh88 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:44 pm How does this quest work? I have gotten on a few occassions but I never seem to find any package?

--As a side note, the rescue for the hostage located in the goblin mine given from the merchant place..how does that work? Sometimes, when I run to the mine after getting the quest, I don't see the hostages??? ---

Both are frustrating quests...
I've tried the dwarf lady fetch quest at least a dozen times, it's never worked once for me. Her dialogue spam has also moved her to #1 on the list of NPC's I'd like to stab... the guy whining about the badger in Beregost is a close second.

The hostage rescue in the mines is also one I've never seen work. Same goes for the Candlekeep rescue/fetch quests... imho, all these NPC's need to be turfed(or whacked).
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
Tanlaus
Quality Control

Unread post by Tanlaus »

I’ve had the candlekeep rescue quests work for me. The other two not so much.

Also I used to hate the commercial exchange courier but then I spent some time standing next to her agreeing about who ‘looked dumb enough’ and it led to some of the most hilarious RP I’ve had in a long while.

So now I love her.

Return to “Quests”