Greenest?

Suggestions That Have Been Implemented or Will Not Be Implemented at This Time

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Apis

Greenest?

Unread post by Apis »

I've recently really enjoyed hanging out in the village of Greenest on the Uldoon Trail map, and wondered if we could have it spruced up a bit?

Keeping the suggestion simple (I read a previous one), I would advocate for the following:

- The mayor be given a female voiceset appropriate for a halfling. She is one rough sounding lady!

- A merchant. Perhaps a traveling type, with the rotating stock? Makes sense in a small village that a peddler may have set up a temporary shop (near the cart there?). I'd be happy with a standard buy out price and starting gear, if that makes it more likely.

- A trash can. Litter bugs, litter bugs, I see you.

- A fishing vendor. Would that take away from Ulgoth's too much? It's a nice little stream to fish.

- A stable. I love these things.

- An outside tavern/food/socializing place. This isn't as needed, there is a fire there (could use a couple stumps and another bench, but my gnome only sits one way so meh) and perhaps there could just be a food/drink merchant nearby or something? If a socializing place is made, a real simple raised stage for Oz to rock on would be fantastic!

===

This goes along with the metaplot data stating that its a safer place nowadays, and with the player RP thats been happening.

Thanks for considering!
Lockonnow

Re: Greenest?

Unread post by Lockonnow »

it is only a one area away from Nashkel
Apis

Unread post by Apis »

Lockonnow wrote:it is only a one area away from Nashkel
And Gullykin is only one area away from Beregost.

And Ulgoth's and Roaring Shore are only one transition from Baldur's Gate.

And Soubar is only one transition away from Roaring Shore.

--

I just wanted to come back to this and ask for one more (easy?) thing. A home location widget?

Thank you!
Velaris
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Velaris »

Greenest is, or really could be a major transitional area, being a great place to stop between a lot of areas.

The town was getting a bunch of attention (both dm and player plot) but unfortunately we lost a step when the majority of players involved in the plot, well, stopped playing.
It was very much intended to support and invest in the town, and perhaps there is a RP way you could pay for some of the things you're looking for.

Just ideas, I definitely agree the town could use some love.
Apis

Unread post by Apis »

I'd love to RP toward any of the above.

I've spent as much time there in game as possible. It's current form is pretty desolate, so when solo it can be pretty discouraging. I have seen Aurora there (who also RPs having moved there), but would love to be in touch with any other regulars or interested parties I haven't interacted with.

It is a great map. Quick access to both low level, mid level, and epic level content. I almost dont want it too good just to hog it for myself. :lol:

I will send an RP request toward the DMs and see what comes of it.
tfunke
Custom Content

Unread post by tfunke »

Having made it, I love posts like this :) thanks for sharing
Per aspera ad astra
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

+1 to all of the OP's suggestions. I'm late to the party, I know, but this area, while absolutely great in it's own right, really needs some love. A vendor would be a great start, a small generic Inn would be nice too. And the mayors voice... for the love of Santa Claus, please fix it.
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
casadechrisso

Unread post by casadechrisso »

I considered making a post for a while, but will just enter this threat to ask about some love not only for Greenest, but a few more areas that are very lovely and or interesting, but just lack a little bit of life.

Corm Orp also comes to mind, one of the areas half of my characters would move to in an instant if there was just a tiny little bit more life in it. A general store, some flavor, maybe some interiors.
My character Aniel and her friend already dreamed about opening a tavern there, and I'd absolutely love to see some of those cute houses having a basic interior.
I'm not sure if this is because of limited server resources, but from my time as a builder I believe to remember interiors aren't such a big deal as exteriors... and if you like a hand, I'd love to warm up my old toolset skills again and try my hands on some house interiors or the like. I'd offer some interiors I made for my old Middleforest module, but I'm pretty sure there'd be compatibility issues...
All this applies to Greenest too or some of the other non-hub towns around.
BDobolina

Unread post by BDobolina »

It appears that some updates were made since this suggestion was put forward, but I would love to request a few additions, and would LOVE to RP through the appropriate channels to obtain them, however most of these are OOC updates I think? Perhaps the stable could be something RP'd toward. I am all ears and ready to roll, either way...

To borrow from, and update the OP:
- The mayor be given a female voice set appropriate for a halfling. She is one rough sounding lady! <- Just going to leave that at the top, untouched. :lol:

- A stable. This would be a great addition!

- Inn conversation update. Room rental (right now they are unlocked and free), storage (this would be amazing), and maybe a lore question/answer? This would help with a DM Question I am going to submit shortly.

- A home location widget. (Please!)

- Added fishing locations, and a fishing vendor. It's a nice little stream to fish, however the spaces are too far between for RPing purposes, and there are very few of them.

- A trash can. A trash fire works, this is least priority.
Jackard Marks - Waukeenar Merchant of Tethyr - "The bold find the gold, the careful keep it - and the timid yield it up."
BDobolina

Unread post by BDobolina »

These requested updates were approved, and I thought were being worked on. Does anyone know who is working towards these, and how it is going?

One of the RP projects of Rocky Creek was to bring new citizens to the village to fulfill some of these updates. That is done as well. Just wondering if this is in the pipeline still. I havent been RPing this character a whole lot for mostly OOC reasons (busy RL), but I also felt I was RPing in circles with Greenest.
Jackard Marks - Waukeenar Merchant of Tethyr - "The bold find the gold, the careful keep it - and the timid yield it up."
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

I don't think any area builder has had time to take it on yet. I'll see if I can get someone to pick it up.
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

Ended up taking care of this myself.

- More fishing spots
- Plenty of trash cans
- Greenest home location now available
- Packhorse vendor now available (I assume this is what you meant by stables)
- Storage option added to innkeeper
- Some fishing supplies now sold by innkeeper

It has been committed and will be in the next update. Please look forward to it.
electric mayhem

Unread post by electric mayhem »

Nice work Endy :D

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

Return to “Closed Suggestions”