The Wilds CR 20 - Stone Demons DC 29 Fear Aura

Suggestions That Have Been Implemented or Will Not Be Implemented at This Time

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Calodan

Re: The Wilds CR 20 - Stone Demons DC 29 Fear Aura

Unread post by Calodan »

Sun Wukong wrote:
Calodan wrote:IN THE MEANTIME GET YOU SOME POTIONS...
NO. Potions are bad! A potion/scroll stack takes up an inventory slot that I could spend on carrying some mundane non-magical banded mail to a NPC merchant! :lol:

And I have a nasty habit of hoarding magical potions etc, and never ever using them. I mean, you should have seen my old Spirit Shaman and his 2-3 inventory pages worth of potions. :oops:

Anyhow, what is that other area called... Myconoid Cicles with the constant fortitude save DC spam? Myconoids spam it, and most have 1-2 casts at the start of each encounter. Then you need to roll 20 in survival to not be hit by another fortitude save from the enviromental mushrooms, but at least you get 5 points of experience if you do make the skill roll. The DC of these fortitude saves is about 20+~. Myconoid Thralls come with Knockdown, probably Improved, and everything has that Critical Hit Immunity to boot. I wouldn't want to go there on a sneak attack dice based sneak prior to level 21. With or without those potions/scrolls of Deathward.
Get you one of them tiny pack oxes they got in the UD now. Spend some golds and you will be fine I promise you! *sage nod*
Kory Sentinel
"We should take the army head on!"

"... it sounds like a terrible idea, but look at that smile."
"And he just sounds so confident ... he is a favored soul."
"Even if we don't survive, he will, and isn't that what matters?" -Red Lancer
Sun Wukong

Re: The Wilds CR 20 - Stone Demons DC 29 Fear Aura

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Okay, went back to the Wilds CR 20 after gaining a level or two.

Stone Demons had initial fear aura DC of 29. The second DC was 20.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.

Return to “Closed Suggestions”