New Underdark PC

For Discussing Plot, Setting, and In Character Developments in an Out of Character Forum

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Hammer_Song

New Underdark PC

Unread post by Hammer_Song »

Hi all you 'bad' UD people,
I'll be making a new toon this weekend who I hope to play for quite a long time exclusively. He'll be a grey orc in the UD. Does anyone have any advice or well-known/common info from recent events that will help get me up to scratch? I've played in the UD before but it was quite a while ago. Also, are there any guilds/groups that would be welcoming to an orc? My playtimes are usually 9pm onwards (GMT+10), I realise that isn't a popular playtime but if that works for you give me a yell, maybe we can team up! Also, if you don't want to openly associate with an orc, maybe PM me.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Relnor Ironfaar - Silver Defender of Clan Ironfaar
Background - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=55066
Bramdur Ironfaar - War Chanter of Kraak Helzak
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Re: New Underdark PC

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

The best option for an orc in Sshamath is Bregan which is also led by an Orc. The guild is very active as well.
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Israe

Unread post by Israe »

Dev'lin would take you, but you wouldn't be allowed to get any actual rank and treated like crap IC'ly
Hammer_Song

Unread post by Hammer_Song »

Israe wrote:Dev'lin would take you, but you wouldn't be allowed to get any actual rank and treated like crap IC'ly
Yeah ... not really gonna make a servile orc. He'll be pretty alpha (or at least think he's alpha!).
Relnor Ironfaar - Silver Defender of Clan Ironfaar
Background - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=55066
Bramdur Ironfaar - War Chanter of Kraak Helzak
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tekill »

I had an orc in Sshamath for awhile -loads of fun and great interactions with the other players. I have been rocking a Svirv lately- also fun.
You will stick out a bit hanging out with all the drow and will feel a bit out of place at times. Make sure you have a good backstory/cover story why you are a lone beastie orc all alone amoung them.
Send tells to other players you see around the underdark- they all seems like good peeps, and seem almost always willing to help. My Svirv likes to play tour guide to new players.
A good build that can solo well, would be a good idea- you may be alone a fair bit. The RP when folk do show up makes up for the times you are wandering alone.
Dont rush your levelling- enjoy the journey- you do not need to be uber powerful to have fun...start off as a lowly peon before becoming a mighty warlord. I have seen folk max out the levels as quick as possible and then simply get bored and quit. You need time for your character to get any character.
Bregan D'aerthe would be a good guild to join -its active and you would be welcome there.
Dont be afraid to throw down with you bad assed orcy self. I have had the most vicious wicked lolthite tear into my characters and then send me tells apologizing for their toon, heheh. Its the underdark -be as mean as you want to be.
Those would be my tips.
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

The timezone might be the biggest issue in finding RP and people to group up with. It's around midday for Euro folks and morning/early morning for the US.

Bregan D'aerthe are mercenaries and traders, and treat everyone more or less the same within the guild... although most drow still think they're supreme, of course. :P
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

i play surface orcs that travel to the UD occasionally. i have several of different levels but most fall in the 7-20 range. i could give you quests and things to do. and would support you while you get yourself settled in to your new orc life. i could also get you mixed up with the right people to keep your adventure flowing.
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Aspect of Sorrow

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

Bregan will be the only one you want to be in.
Israe

Unread post by Israe »

Or Dev'lin
Moridin
Custom Content

Unread post by Moridin »

Israe, he doesn't want to be subservient.
Characters:
Lomith Dy'nesen Journal
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Bregan is a good and active place. Easy and fun. Flasmix is an involved player. and has been active for a long time. Will keep you involved.

Devlin. Is if you love the lore and want to be in it. I love the lore. Subservient is a choice. Israe is a good and exciting player to team up with. Her char is tough to deal with, but israe is a good player.

You cannot go wrong here, but play your character and do what you think he would do. You won't regret either choice.
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley
Israe

Unread post by Israe »

Honestly, Alpha Orc? Bregan. You could run into problems though down the road, as you would likely want to get involved with Uruk Lorra, but that's for you to figure out IC'ly. Or if you continue and start up an orc faction it could be interesting, theres endless options!
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Israe.... don't spoil the fun.
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley
Israe

Unread post by Israe »

I'm not I'm not! It's a good time to be an orc PC likely though =D