I need a tour guide.

For Discussing Plot, Setting, and In Character Developments in an Out of Character Forum

Moderators: Moderator, DM

joleda

I need a tour guide.

Unread post by joleda »

Hi everyone. I'm back to playing again and I'm in the Underdark, of course. I wouldn't plan anywhere else. But, I have a problem. I'm lost. I used to know the old Underdark like the back of my hand, but this new Upperdark is frustrating, to say the least. Zones with no maps, zone transitions that don't show up when I hold down Z, few map markers, and one-way trips have me seriously confused. Will someone show me how to get from Sshamath to Rollingrockrum, or whatever it's called, please?

I'm willing to roleplay out any story. Zhug is tired of only eating Goblin ears. Haha!
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Re: I need a tour guide.

Unread post by Tekill »

If you seek Krackit Cragborn about ask him. He does not take gobby ears as payment, but if your the type that hears the tunnels calling to you, then he would most likely be a guide.

Edit: he still gets lost a lot too fyi
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Darker_Thought

Unread post by Darker_Thought »

Hey!

Some links to mapping that may help :)

viewtopic.php?t=53239&p=672629

Also this!
Moridin wrote:Oh just saw this - here is the old one by Gharu:
Hidden: show
What is different is the new Mist Lake map, East of Mist Lake, Bregan Daerthe, and Qu'ellaren Dev'lin and Zau'afin. I could be wrong though if more areas were added.
//Darker
"NWNScript is what happens when you ask Satan to turn C into a scripting language." - DM Doom
Flasmix
Associate DM

Unread post by Flasmix »

You can activate the option to always see zone transitions in your settings and they'll always appear for you.
Wirg to Pug: "Iz lat dun?"
Pugratix to a snarky militia man: "Mmmm. Not yet. I will live for hundreds of years and be heralded as one of the greatest forces of destruction on the face of the world. The only thing you can destroy is the outhouse."
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

FIDO! That's YOU? Ahaha Be happy to show you around, that is of course unless someone comes and steals you from us again *grumbles*
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
joleda

Unread post by joleda »

Flasmix wrote:You can activate the option to always see zone transitions in your settings and they'll always appear for you.
Thanks! This helped a lot.
joleda

Unread post by joleda »

Just some commentary...

1. I've mapped quite a bit of the Underdark and Upperdark. I'm guessing y'all disabled doors or there are a lot of guild zones because I'm seeing the message "you must have a specific key to open this door." Things are still in flux?

2. I did some forum digging, and there is a passage that is only for dwarves. This correct? Any other passages that are race restricted?

3. I straight up don't like the newest part of the Underdark called Rockrun. I get that it's a dirt gnome town and they're using an illusion to hide it's location, but disabling the mini-map doesn't increase immersion for me. In fact, it does the opposite. Using the clunky game engine to increase immersion is a bad idea IMO.

4. I might not play Tanarukk if I don't figure this area out since the toothy meatheads aren't all that welcome in Sshamath. The rat transits are a bit confusing since not all options are available at all locations.

5. Almost none of the areas around Rockrun has transit pins on the minimap, not talking about Rockrun itself.

6. The rest of the server looks fantastic, seriously. Great job! (except for dirtgnomerun)
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

2. there is one for grey orcs also. (no idea if other ocrs can use them too)
joleda

Unread post by joleda »

I'm really loving the extra zones in the Underdark. I've mapped out nearly everything down there, but I still need help. How can my Tanarukk get back to the city of Rockrun? Does he have to wait for a server reset?
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

It's hidden by illusion... I don't want to take the fun out of it, but spoiler below.
Hidden: show
If you look for green fog on the map where you can get to South Grotto's, Blackrock and Titanfist Mine you can locate an entry to Rockrun.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
joleda

Unread post by joleda »

Ah! :lol: It's my Tanarukk's fault, I swear! Stupid Orc is Stupid!

Return to “OOC Discussion (Underdark)”