Suggestions asked, PC guilds to Underdark

For Discussing Plot, Setting, and In Character Developments in an Out of Character Forum

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Skarain

Suggestions asked, PC guilds to Underdark

Unread post by Skarain »

Hello, fellow players of the night below!

I recently returned to bgtscc and the Underdark. I have been searching for active player guilds (other than Bregan, not interested in playing a mercenary). but so far i have not been successful. That made me thinking if i could set up a RP guild myself. Hence i do have a question.

"What kind of Underdark guild is missing/ or you would like to see on bgtscc?"

I do have some ideas myself, but i would also like to hear thoughts from other players.

Please refrain from thinking from "there are not enough players"- perspective. A good, active guild can generate their own rp even with only a handful of players, and encourages further activity among the underdark community.
Timezone: GMT +2
Invoker

Re: Suggestions asked, PC guilds to Underdark

Unread post by Invoker »

Welcome back.

I agree with the fact the "not enough people" argument has little traction, when I find lots of people to interact with every evening I play.

As for guilds...unless it's a very strong political establishment like the 7th Circle, not many of the generally secretive (as a necessity) Underdark denizens are too keen on showing specific allegiances...because stating clearly whom your friends are, indirectly gives an idea of whom your enemies are. And that can get you killed really fast.

Some members of Bregan D'aerthe, House Sshamath, House Zau'Afinn and House Devlin (in the past...not sure today), for instance, make it a point to display their commitment.

Others are far more cautious.

Perhaps the best way to go about this, is come up with an idea, and then find out IG as your web of connections expands.
This twisted culture got you feeding from its hand
But you will lose that food if you don't meet all their demands
And loyal is the soldier that gets slaughtered with the lambs
Examining the blueprints got you questioning the plans
adobongmanok

Unread post by adobongmanok »

Make a mindless, lonelies, grinder's guild! :ugeek:

Honestly, UD is missing ALL types of guilds aside for Bregan and that "server's most beloved guild". If you want to restart the Eilistraeen guild, there's a few people interested in that. Other than that, I was planning on making a traders guild there...but, let's just say UD noamuth olt lodias trok'hr to khruste drin.

:roll:
R'ju - Main, Retired Trader, Member of Bregan D'aerthe
Ledger and Journal Entries: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=65232

Reiju - Ebon Blades Mercenary (PM Me if you need me to login)
Invoker

Unread post by Invoker »

Less OOC QQ and more IC posts help a lot with that.

Plenty of players don’t know about each other’s existence because of the lack of IC posts
Skarain

Unread post by Skarain »

While secretive makes sense in many ways, a group that nobody knows isn't a very productive group in generating RP that anyone can join.

Right. So the overall conclusion is "I do not have any general opinion on what I would like to see.". Thank you for your thoughts. Even if not particularly specific, it at least gives me free hands.
Invoker

Unread post by Invoker »

Skarain wrote:While secretive makes sense in many ways, a group that nobody knows isn't a very productive group in generating RP that anyone can join.
Campfire RP? No.

Proper UD RP? Definitely. Investigate. Interact with their facade. Present your own.

Intrigue and traffic of information are the lifeblood of the UD. Meaning: you‘ll end up killed without.
Skarain

Unread post by Skarain »

Righty. My own ideas:

One idea I devised was RPing Slavers. Since the main trading partner is Sshamath, specializing in enslaving Goblins, Kobolds, Bugbears and other less intelligent humanoids that are incapable of Wizardry.

I've also thought of creating a mushroom farm in the wilds, and the RP of defending it against predators, bored drow and whatnot.

And potentially focus on the Underdark Wilds and exploiting their resources. Find a cave with high amount of Faerezine, drive out it residents and start growing something.

Or find a Zurkhwood forest and start some lumbercutting and mushroom growing operations.

Some ideas i've had so far. I'll probs write a recruitment thread with more compact thoughts, once I invent a name for it.
Moridin
Custom Content

Unread post by Moridin »

Well, I'm always lurking if someone wants to do something with the Zau'afins. It is easiest to find me on the discord server.
Characters:
Lomith Dy'nesen Journal
Skarain

Unread post by Skarain »

Return to “OOC Discussion (Underdark)”