Bureaucracy Meeting - OOC timing

For Discussing Plot, Setting, and In Character Developments in an Out of Character Forum

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Golem

Bureaucracy Meeting - OOC timing

Unread post by DM Golem »

Hi,

I'm about to schedule a meeting of the Bureaucracy, could members (even those who have not yet attended a session) post here as to their availability on Saturday and Sunday of this weekend?

Golem
Blackman D
Retired Staff

Re: Bureaucracy Meeting - OOC timing

Unread post by Blackman D »

my schedule changed but will let you know tomorrow

i just flew last friday tho so i might be on call to fly the weekend this weekend :?
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Deragnost

Unread post by Deragnost »

Saturday and Sunday I'm usually busy with PnP, so I'll likely be on from 8 pm GMT onward!
Rose Wintertal , Itinerant Minstrel, Troublemaker, Administrator of the Phoenix Company and The Run a Rig owner!

Trissae Baeniryn , Yatharil
Rinzler
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rinzler »

Sunday evening GMT -6 works best for me. I will be out of town Friday & Saturday.
Last edited by Rinzler on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your best friend
Retired Staff

Unread post by Your best friend »

What fun! I'm usually free after 1 pm PST on Saturdays and free at any point on Sunday (though preferably between 10 am PST and 10 pm PST)
Victoria Thornhart | Dreadlord of Darkhold & Priestess of Bane. Zhentarim Guild Thread. Darkhold RP Thread.
Vierna Hun'viir | Ranger of Eilistraee. Retired.
Zilvarra | Drow Deathsinger of House Selmiyeritar
Blackman D
Retired Staff

i will be on call saturday, so probably definitely flying if not just on call, should not be flying sunday unless something bad happens in the early morning

im -8 GMT tho, so 2000 GMT is noon for me
Deragnost

Unread post by Deragnost »

Whenever you're most comfortable, we could also do it at 3 am GMT (which should be 1900 PST), but I can't guarantee i'll be completely lucid given it'll be 5 am for me :D
Rose Wintertal , Itinerant Minstrel, Troublemaker, Administrator of the Phoenix Company and The Run a Rig owner!

Trissae Baeniryn , Yatharil
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tekill »

HELP!!!
I have been trying to figure out how a player can get involved in the schools of magic and how they can then get involved in the Bureaucracy but I'm either getting conflicting information or no information/responses at all.

I wanted to Join The School of Mages.
So I have been asking around on the forums, because there has been no mages in game to talk to, (at least when I have been logged on).
Some people say the the schools are official player run guilds. And that I need to contact members of these guilds.
Others say I can just start RPing, being a member. The forums seem to indicate this as well. Okay 'BOOM' I'm a member. Now what?
Someone told me I need to contact other members of the School which is not an official guild but still has members.((?!)) I have taken a stab and tried to PM a member of one of the schools but that was a dead end -no response.
I have the distinct feeling that other than the school of Necromancy, all the other schools are utterly deserted!
I am a veteran player and should be experienced enough to know what to do, where to go, who to talk to. But I honestly have no idea what is going on. This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too confusing too complex and I'm just going to say it... too Bureaucratic!!!

Wouldn't it be better on a server with such a small drow population and an even smaller Mage population to have one DM organized Magocracy faction, instead of about however many splitered mage school/guilds that seem to exist in some sort of 'schrodinger's drow theory' of both not existing and existing at the same time?

How do these guilds, that are not guilds, then choose members to be on The Bureaucracy?

What sort of horrible Drow torture have I just become a victim of?!

There should be something very basic and simple available to incentivise players (both new and old) who want to RP the representation of the Mage Governed Merchant City. You know, to help create an atmosphere of what the city should be all about!

I would like to at least attend as a spectator. Someone told me that is possible....
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Blackman D
Retired Staff

if MasterSilke hasnt replied to you then pm the DMs and let them know you tried getting in contact with him but he is either not playing anymore or just not replying (unlikely) then they should be able to help you get forum side stuff done
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tekill »

Following BlackmanD sound advice I directed my Forum rant to the DM's. They answered my questions and offered options. Who knew it was so simple. My method of screaming bloody murder is fun but asking the DM's seemed to get more results. Go figure....

-Re: Schools of Magic Factions- Mages in Sshamath can self appoint themselves as a member of a school of magic and rank themselves based on level.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=43541
There are times where there have been player run School Factions. I guess at one point in time there were enough players to fill up the various schools of magic. And these schools would all RP being rivals of each other.
So now, you can self appoint yourself a member of a school and also if you want to you can join the Schools faction if there are any active – which I don't think there has been for awhile. Although I hear that the Necromancy School has an active player run faction still.
It seems the DM's still want the schools separate, even with a small player base, so that they can be autonomous of each other to give the players more freedoms.

-Re: Bureaucracy – This is DM controlled but the members are players. You do not need to be in a school of magic. It helps if you make an impact on the goings ons of Sshamath, usually be influencing plots and running your own faction. You can then request to be included or you may even be invited into The Bureaucracy.
If I elect to join the School of Mages, I will be a Mage of the School of Mages. If the School of Mages has seats on The Bureaucracy that are currently filled by inactive members, I can petition the conclave to fill that seat to take that seat.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=43497
But, there is no guarantee if I am just a new and lowly member/student of a school that has no influence in the city. Got to pay my RP dues.

There is still confusion regarding who is active in The Bureaucracy, and who is not. But that is for the DM's to figure out, if they so choose.

-Re: Creating a Magocracy.
Technically The Conclave is already a Magocracy which is controlled by the DM's. Like the Dukes of Baldur's Gate on the surface one can not just become a Duke and rule the city. But the surface has factions that directly support The Dukes – The Knights of the Radiant Heart for example.
We would have DM support if we created a Mageocracy player guild in support of Sshamaths Magocratic run government in the same fashion as these surface guilds.
So creating a Magocracy player run faction is an option that would help organize the magic using players the RP in Sshamath.
1)it would help sort out what mage players are still active both on The Bureaucracy and on the server itself. Saving a lot of work for the DM's
2)It would encourage mage RP.
3)It would encourage School of magic RP
4)It would encourage Conclave RP
It would be different then being a part of the Bureaucracy. One reason being that the Magocracy would be for the benefits of Mages where the Bureaucracy is for the benefit of the current players on the Sshamath stage.
But if the players on The Bureaucracy are all mages then a Mageocracy could become pointless because the Bureaucracy would be a Magocracy itself.
But it is really a matter of who is playing in the UD right now. I may be wrong but I think the problem is, we have a shortage of mage players in the mage city right now.
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Blackman D
Retired Staff

the UD goes thru highs and lows, there is generally a shortage of everyone if you are comparing to the surface

but if you are only targeting casters you may get more misses than hits, with an already low selection to miss from :?
Rinzler
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rinzler »

Let's get this back on the calendar!
Blackman D
Retired Staff

my schedule just changed again, so would be nice while its somewhat stable ish

provided nothing happens, i should have this saturday off
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Unread post by K'yon Oblodra »

Interesting this got a push <3
K'yon Oblodra
Necromancer of the school of Necromancy
Silent seat for the school of Necromancy
Rinzler
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rinzler »

Hi DM Team, is there any chance we could get one of you to help facilitate this? This was Golem's plot but it seems like he's not a DM anymore and it would be very cool (and very appreciated) for the Underdark to get some love from you!

Cheers

Return to “OOC Discussion (Underdark)”