Literally picking a fight

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Calodan

Re: Literally picking a fight

Unread post by Calodan »

Calodan wrote:What player were you? Thedran? Rasael with his Banite cleric that mopped me? That one invisible sorceress who used a vamp to kill me and declare that Azmodeth and the Trillium should fear the COVEN?
Nah, I just played a dwarven battlerager and challenged you to a fist fight. Nothing more than a honest bout of manly fisticuffs of manliness without any trickery, and you chose the RP out. Not that I can actually blame anyone for not wanting to trade fists with a battlerager. :lol:

Edit: Battle not had is a battle won. ;)[/quote]

Oh I remember now! Kory was a weapon master back then and well his fists were not the mastered weapon! :lol:
Kory Sentinel
"We should take the army head on!"

"... it sounds like a terrible idea, but look at that smile."
"And he just sounds so confident ... he is a favored soul."
"Even if we don't survive, he will, and isn't that what matters?" -Red Lancer
Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

:lol:
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

I'll just leave it with this: there are more than two ways to create/deal with conflict RP. So if one has a way that works best for them, great. I myself leave the door open to anyone that is willing to put in some effort to build conflict RP up, and give it a basis for understanding AND enacting...even if just mechanical, ego-stroking PvP.

Cause if there is a doubt, I just take the RP out!

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
SBlack

Unread post by SBlack »

Steve wrote:I'll just leave it with this: there are more than two ways to create/deal with conflict RP. So if one has a way that works best for them, great. I myself leave the door open to anyone that is willing to put in some effort to build conflict RP up, and give it a basis for understanding AND enacting...even if just mechanical, ego-stroking PvP.

Cause if there is a doubt, I just take the RP out!

What I look for in conflict is much the same. It has to have substance behind the roleplay and lead somewhere longterm because just more casual PVP and conflict. Casual PvP and conflict is a snooze fest for me personally in NWN2. ?Anyone want to do accounting / ledger RP instead? :lol: And IMO NwN2 is one of the worst games designed ever for PvP offering ridiculously lame one round and one shot encounters. I'll also point out you don't need an actual PC to do victimization PC, you can roleplay victimizing some random traveler of no importance without concerns of godmodding.

So like steve, if anyone wants =real= conflict =RP=. Give and take RP that builds, clever creative roleplay and conversation, with a minimum or preferably an absence of the notoriously lame PvP mechanics of NWN2 I'm open for it.
Is Sirius
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

SBlack wrote: I'll also point out you don't need an actual PC to do victimization PC, you can roleplay victimizing some random traveler of no importance without concerns of godmodding.
that sounds less fun than your acct/ledger job. if one did this, then why even play the game? I could sit on my couch and pretend one-sided conflict all night. **looks for the smiley that is sleeping**

i am going to assume you just didnt think that one through and move on.
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tekill »

A few good volunteers so far. Thanks. We will reach out to you depending on how things progress.
Anyone else?

Steve made a good point about reaching out to other evil folk....it's just a shame he has turned away from the dark side himself...tsk tsk.
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Tekill wrote: ...it's just a shame he has turned away from the dark side himself...tsk tsk.
:twisted:

aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Steve wrote:
Tekill wrote: ...it's just a shame he has turned away from the dark side himself...tsk tsk.
:twisted:
ever heard of stockholm syndrome? he's not so far from our grasp. not far at all.
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
SBlack

Unread post by SBlack »

aaron22 wrote:
SBlack wrote: I'll also point out you don't need an actual PC to do victimization PC, you can roleplay victimizing some random traveler of no importance without concerns of godmodding.
that sounds less fun than your acct/ledger job. if one did this, then why even play the game? I could sit on my couch and pretend one-sided conflict all night. **looks for the smiley that is sleeping**

i am going to assume you just didnt think that one through and move on.
LoL. In the absence of a DM one can play the NPC victim without godmodding though it's easier to have someone create a level 1 throw away character to fill in. People end up doing light godmod NPC all the time for NPCs when DMs are not on. An example would be sacrificing aspiring John or Jane Doe NPC merchant or NPC beggar again assuming no one in your group is willing to fill in creating a PC throw away character.
Is Sirius
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Don't make me roll up my Orc with a Big Stick again!!! 8-)

It just might crash the Server....

Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

You know what... I think I smell a market here!

Come right up, this is the "OOC Actor's Guild" where you can purchase gullible victims to be sacrificed or saved just as your needs dictate! 1 NPC costs 1000 gold pieces per hour! :lol:

If only I had the time... If only I had the time.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Unread post by K'yon Oblodra »

Comments Only wrote:You know what... I think I smell a market here!

Come right up, this is the "OOC Actor's Guild" where you can purchase gullible victims to be sacrificed or saved just as your needs dictate! 1 NPC costs 1000 gold pieces per hour! :lol:

If only I had the time... If only I had the time.
1000 gold pieces is way too little... 10k per hour at least
K'yon Oblodra
Necromancer of the school of Necromancy
Silent seat for the school of Necromancy
Lighters

Unread post by Lighters »

I'd be willing to RCR a character up to level 10 or so for any worthwhile RP cause, if it meant I'd be in on some good RP..

To be honest it has been a struggle since I started playing here. I read really well thought out bios, IC posts, etc. I go in game and for the most part its silence, or running, or otherwise feeling like I am the odd man out. I hate to sound like a whiner, but inclusion has not been my experience.

To prevent a rant I will just say that I would roll up any character type, of any persuasion, up to level 10, and be down for any RP stories. I don't want to play a puppet, but if you pick an archetype I will roll it and play it how I best see fit, allowing whatever happens to happen (within the rules, sickos). Up to and including permakilled.

Playtimes vary. Playing East coast US time (ET) evenings mostly.
K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Unread post by K'yon Oblodra »

Sad to hear that, our play times sadly don't collide otherwise I would have loved to help out. I am fairly new to the server but have felt pretty good with the RPing.
K'yon Oblodra
Necromancer of the school of Necromancy
Silent seat for the school of Necromancy
V'rass

Unread post by V'rass »

Exordius is always up for conflict rp though he is currently distracted by an ongoing, and quite nasty skirmish with a certain other character. ;)
"To understand magic one must first understand magic."

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.

Return to “OOC Discussion (Surface)”