The capture of Rania

aaron22
Recognized Donor

The capture of Rania

Unread post by aaron22 »

i would like to supply an outlet to anyone that participated in the capture and eventual release of Rania by the Orcs at Uruk Lurra.

i am here for a discussion. that means i will say what it was like from me and the orcs that also participated in the event.

i will answer questions as best i can. offer points of view in my perspective. take criticism if desired.

floor is your's....
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Akroma666

Re: The capture of Rania

Unread post by Akroma666 »

Is this red hair'd Raina?

If so.. you best be ready for a reckoning from Druegar..
Storm - The Blade Flurry
Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar
Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter
Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane
Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Akroma666 wrote:Is this red hair'd Raina?

If so.. you best be ready for a reckoning from Druegar..
you know i am looking forward to that... see you out there big fella
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley
Akroma666

Unread post by Akroma666 »

Storm - The Blade Flurry
Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar
Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter
Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane
Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness
Sputnik

Unread post by Sputnik »

As the player behind the main villain in this story arc..

Rania's player was a good sport all the way throughout her character's ordeal. Fun to RP with and can definitely roll with the punches (as well as dish them out when Grish wasn't looking :lol: )

Those who attempted to rescue her while Grishnak was taking her to Uruk Lurra were all OOCly agreeable and good sports.

Fingal and Nyiressa(sp?), that encounter in the cave was memorable, accidental transitioning aside. You both were great to RP with and I hope to do more of it in the future.

I heard there was some confusion when it came to the group gathered outside of Uruk Lurra during the ransom negotiations.

To the players who were frustrated at the confusion and lack of action (though I understand DM Spartacus gave you all some orcs to chew on ;) ), I will say this:

It's all IC baby :dance:
There were a few characters on the angry mob side who knew the score and said information could have spread ICly. I understand frustration spawning from boredom, yet we must take into consideration IC reasoning above all else. . .

Why did the orcs want to negotiate?
Why did my toon follow the angry mob? ...

That said, all in all the PvP went smoothly and the RP was very interesting (from my perspective). Lots of story development for those I spoke with as well.

Thanks to all the players involved, and DM Spartacus for spicing it up.
Top notch, BG! :clap:
Francis 'Frank' Waynn - City Watch Recruit
Tytos Lyonson - Ebon Blade Sergeant
Vaelen - Proprietor of Derringer Mercantile, hedge-wizard, politician
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Plotline concluded before we could arrange payment :(
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

There were so much possibilities... why did it end?
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
professiondude
Recognized Donor

Unread post by professiondude »

orcs got what they wanted: The end.
Zae'lin the blood collector
SoThereIWas

Unread post by SoThereIWas »

It was fun scrambling trying to organize a force to take on the Orcs from the opposing side.

even if there was no action the build up was good. Even waiting on the field some of us RPed a bit of worry as to what they are trying to do IC from the OOC wait.

It was suspenseful and I enjoyed it as a player even if it had kinks to work out...

Assuming diplomacy would have failed tho.

For those masses not wanting to opt-into PvP due to uneven odds...
Alternative option battle 1
Hidden: show

For the PvP go get-ers...
Alternative option battle 2
Hidden: show
Watch the movie "Gangs of New York" for urban combat, I wont link that stuff here in vid format for obvious reasons

The idea is to set up an arranged combat ground on a neutral or contested field to see who is the victor.

EDIT: The idea also is to resolve it by "killing/protecting the king" so to speak
Last edited by SoThereIWas on Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ariexedes

Unread post by Ariexedes »

KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote:There were so much possibilities... why did it end?
by the sounds of it server rule of capture 72 hours or release/death amnesia
Alyvire
Aramoria Wysalrth Retired
Makenzie Chersk
Marmiea Retired
Valkira Vexx Church of Shar '17 -
Sputnik

Unread post by Sputnik »

Ariexedes wrote:
KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote:There were so much possibilities... why did it end?
by the sounds of it server rule of capture 72 hours or release/death amnesia
It ended because the blood-price AKA ransom was paid. For the record we could have kept Rania for 24 more hours, but had no reason to after that. We aren't villains IRL, you know ;)
Francis 'Frank' Waynn - City Watch Recruit
Tytos Lyonson - Ebon Blade Sergeant
Vaelen - Proprietor of Derringer Mercantile, hedge-wizard, politician
Rhaegar

Unread post by Rhaegar »

Thank you for the good story that was provided by both DM and players.

i still believe 10 PC going to fight 3 foe is not that fair in advantage perspective thus its better to make it like in the Arena where one versus another.

Other than that, everyone shows good sport. Thank you for the fun and joy it brings.
AquaShark

Unread post by AquaShark »

So, I would speak on this a bit more plainly.

I was in as the primary organizer of the “attackers” (negotiators, protagonists, etc).

From my perspective, the antagonists of this situation made a lot of assumptions because communication never happened. I don’t know what the bit about orcs being sent to meet the group refers to, but I am assuming it wasn’t the group I was with.

The long and short of it is that being the antagonist is a tough gig. The world is against you, and I get that. However, you have to communicate very clearly with the protagonists, or everyone is going to get oocly frustrated (and let’s be honest, that’s no good for anybody).

On a side note, if people are worried about the payment business, I am happy to talk over PM, as that’s what I was told would happen.

Edit for clarification
Adallan Ragnon-Former Guide of Candlekeep, Master of Li Modo ub Ragnon, Council Member at the Bladestone Foundation, and avid tea enthusiast
taintedseraphim

Unread post by taintedseraphim »

I would like to first thank everyone involved, from the big meanie orcs to everyone to attempted or was a part of the rescue.

This was not at all pre-planned, nor actually anything Rania herself caused. Amusingly, it started off as a revenge thing against another character who'd angered Grishnak and due to that delightfully devious mind of his, it evolved into a "We're gonna ransom Wench Widehips"

The orc players were wonderful about ensuring oocly I was okay with the things Rania was subjected to, and I do appreciate that.They were also far more than "Me orc. Me smash things", having an amazing time screwing with Rania's head and guilt tripping her for every injury anyone trying to rescue her obtained.

Poor Grishnak had to deal with Rania going full chaotic on him, to the point she managed to yank HIM off balance (hooray nat 20), or get her chains around his neck and swing from them, trying to choke him out. The others had to deal with her kicking out, as well as her mouth and attitude. I will say this; their words to her REALLY caused some permanent damage, which will start being seen in RP soon.

For the rescuers, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to come out, to fight and to rp out trying to save her. I know that there were long waits at times and a number of things completely uncertain, but I admire and appreciate how everyone kept going and continued on. There was some seriously creative RP from everyone involved, and while Rania is going to be awhile recovering from this, I do hope it at the very least opened up some new avenues of RP for everyone else <3
Rania Marie Ragnon-Servant of Selune
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

i will first start to address the gamesmanship shown by Rania in all of this. It likely cannot be said enough.

I was overseeing the Orc side when the event broke down. from my perspective. I would at times speak OOC with Rania to ensure that she was still enjoying the experience. At the conclusion she alerted me that her capture was no longer fun. I proceeded at that time to hasten her release and move the event to OOC to quickly finalize.

This is why it ended like it did. I also would like to point out that this was the end of day 2 of 3. Rania had been online for more than 6 hours in this role as captive each day. that is a lot of time RPing being a captive. Couple that with knowing there could be another long session the next day. It was becoming a challenge to be the captor. I was being barraged with so many PMs on the forums and Tells in game that I had to have my friend handle all the forum stuff for me. I am sure the same was happening for Rania.

All in all. we ended the event for the welfare of Rania. She was a champ through it and was IC and working hard. time had run it's course.

we are here to have fun, but not at the expense of others.
Khar B'ukagaroh
Bob Marley

Return to “OOC Discussion (Surface)”