Sewer Pit Fighting

Moderators: Moderator, DM

The Whistler

Sewer Pit Fighting

Unread post by The Whistler »

Gauging interest in a pit fighting scheme featuring low level commoner (ONLY) PC combatants. Express your desire to be involved either as an organizer or participant here and spitball ideas to improve the concept, discuss its viability/longevity etc. I'll be keeping information about my own character a secret to start off but I can make certain details available over PM's, upon request.
Schrödinger's Cyricism: NPCs simultaneously know everything and nothing about Cyric until observed by the Cyricist. Then they default to the state that disadvantages the Cyricist the most.
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Re: Sewer Pit Fighting

Unread post by Planehopper »

I would likely be interested in this, if the fights happened in compatible time zones.

I've tried to come up with ideas around this for yeeeeears and it never launches beyond the brainstorm phase, so I'd be thrilled to see it in action. I'd never considered commoner-only as classes, and I think that sound perfect.

I can already imagine leveling up a pit fighter to 5 or 6 or so through RP, and then RCRing him into something else with pit fighting as the background.

What sort of requirements/matching would there be?

Race? Levels? Weapon types? Armor?

Having a die roll determine gear out would be interesting.

I'd like to hear more.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

One thing as a suggestion is to perhaps not limit this to sewers. Lots of cool fighting pits around the server. Take the show on the road.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

The Whistler

Unread post by The Whistler »

I want the gig to have a strictly illegal/criminal air to it, so this is why I'm minded to limit it to the sewers or other shady places like Soubar, maybe. The broad idea is that of a pit boss that is taking advantage of destitute citizens to turn in a profit and ingratiate himself to the degenerates of high society who enjoy this kind of blood sport (there's always some !)

I'd rather not delve into mechanical limitations just yet but I imagine participation would be open to just about every race.
Schrödinger's Cyricism: NPCs simultaneously know everything and nothing about Cyric until observed by the Cyricist. Then they default to the state that disadvantages the Cyricist the most.
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Sweet. Well, keep me in the loop if it goes to PMs. I'll gladly play a poor exploited fighter. Lol.

Plenty of degenerates in Roaring Shore, Blackroses, Soubar, and Ebon Blade once you wear out your welcome in the gate!

Young Werther

Unread post by Young Werther »

Posting to show my interest and hopefully garner more.
Lockonnow wrote:greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT

Return to “OOC Discussion (Surface)”