Apprentice RP

Moderators: Moderator, DM

VDub

Apprentice RP

Unread post by VDub »

Hey! I'd like to roll up a wizard. Problem is, in all my years on the server.. I've never played one.

So! That said, I'd like to learn the ins and outs of playing a wizard on the server. With...a catch. I'd like to learn everything IC. (well most everything. I know some OOC will most likely be needed) I would see it as a mostly RP story. Learning the weave and different aspects of it.

I would start at level one and wouldn't be mule'n anything to this character at all. I won't be interested in leveling fast. I wouldn't be opposed to the first few levels being commoner (I would RCR after the "commoner" stage is complete) while running errands for the Teacher. That way the first steps can be RP'd, like the bonding of the familiar and the first sparks of the weave.

The first step is throwing out the line, see if I get a bite. Would any of you be interested in the teacher-apprentice RP? Would any be interested in playing another apprentice if a teacher is found?

My play times are normally around 8pm GMT to midnight on weekdays. The weekends are hit and miss.
Solomon, Luckbringer of Tymora ~ A copper to the Lady, returns tenfold in gold!!
Dartryn Mallocant, Evoker Mage ~ "Do you have time to talk about magic?"
Traegan Daershun, Archer of the Whitewood Vanguard ~ "Of course we'll help...for a price."
Aspect of Sorrow

Re: Apprentice RP

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

VDub wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:39 pmWould any be interested in playing another apprentice if a teacher is found?
Feel free to reach out to me IG.
ValerieJean
Custom Content

Unread post by ValerieJean »

VDub wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:39 pm Hey! I'd like to roll up a wizard. Problem is, in all my years on the server.. I've never played one.

So! That said, I'd like to learn the ins and outs of playing a wizard on the server. With...a catch. I'd like to learn everything IC. (well most everything. I know some OOC will most likely be needed) I would see it as a mostly RP story. Learning the weave and different aspects of it.

I would start at level one and wouldn't be mule'n anything to this character at all. I won't be interested in leveling fast. I wouldn't be opposed to the first few levels being commoner (I would RCR after the "commoner" stage is complete) while running errands for the Teacher. That way the first steps can be RP'd, like the bonding of the familiar and the first sparks of the weave.

The first step is throwing out the line, see if I get a bite. Would any of you be interested in the teacher-apprentice RP? Would any be interested in playing another apprentice if a teacher is found?

My play times are normally around 8pm GMT to midnight on weekdays. The weekends are hit and miss.

Is there an issue if there is more than one apprentice because I love this sort of RP and it would be fun to start off with Commoner. But I can do either start point honestly!
Radrilla Imrae Helvi'viir
Gaven Arkalis
Micar'vilchi Illiathor - Dhaerowathi (Drow Bane)
Mia
Donamira
Aspect of Sorrow

ValerieJean wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:54 pm Is there an issue if there is more than one apprentice
I'll take up to three at a time.
DM Dreamer

Unread post by DM Dreamer »

I'd be willing to spark this with some VFX and maybe animating escapade, should the master choose to take their students for a field trip somewhere down the line. Keep me in the loop, if you're interested. Regardless, I hope you guys have fun with it. Sounds amazing!

@VDub, I encourage you to keeping a journal of some kind. It'd be really cool to see how you learn via IC means. :)
DM Dreamer's Events: viewtopic.php?p=925995
Underdark Discord: https://discord.gg/Scvy89RxNW
Aspect of Sorrow

DM Dreamer wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:50 pm field trip
All aboard, children, we're off to Dragonspear!
VDub

Unread post by VDub »

DM Dreamer wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:50 pm I'd be willing to spark this with some VFX and maybe animating escapade, should the master choose to take their students for a field trip somewhere down the line. Keep me in the loop, if you're interested. Regardless, I hope you guys have fun with it. Sounds amazing!

@VDub, I encourage you to keeping a journal of some kind. It'd be really cool to see how you learn via IC means. :)
I will definitely be keeping a journal. Thank you for the offer! I'm sure we'll take you up on it. :)
Solomon, Luckbringer of Tymora ~ A copper to the Lady, returns tenfold in gold!!
Dartryn Mallocant, Evoker Mage ~ "Do you have time to talk about magic?"
Traegan Daershun, Archer of the Whitewood Vanguard ~ "Of course we'll help...for a price."
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

Pretty sure I am dealing with covid right now and won't be in game much/at all, but I would definitely be interested in the school of hard knocks as well if you've room for another pupil.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
renshouj
Custom Content

Unread post by renshouj »

I have a wiz that's very "professor"-like, if AoS wants any help mentoring im 100% down for this kind of RP!
Discord: jojoelm
Brazilian Timezone (GMT-3)

Current Character(s):
Runa Helvig - High Druid of Eldath of the Green Enclave ( BIO | JOURNAL )
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

I may be willing, if desired and a suitable RP motivation for it can be figured out. Though Tarina wouldn't be the most conventional of tutors.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Trandafir

Unread post by Trandafir »

I have a Summoner master alchemists whos an archmage in her field of study mostly being that of a summoner who would take on an apprentice or two
Almarea90
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Almarea90 »

Feel free to reach out to me in Candlekeep... If you don't mind 3 hours long lectures. Edelgarde's strongest suit is the theory, not so much carrying people to field trips.
Edelgarde Spades - Guide of Candlekeep and Deneirrath priest, still a Disney princess in the wrong tale.

Gleam of the Firefly - In your darkest hour, look for the firefly

Auntie Ed's Wands(TM): Saving the Coast one Protection from Evil at time.

Candlekeep Public Collection Reference

Return to “OOC Discussion (Surface)”