Brigands and Lawless of the Sword Coast (Player/DM IC RP)

The "Year of the Dragon" Campaign

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Dialectic

Brigands and Lawless of the Sword Coast (Player/DM IC RP)

Unread post by DM Dialectic »

The High Captains of Roaringshore are rumored to have called for all around the region of ill-repute to gather with them soon in Roaringshore. It is said opportunity for gaining infamy, wealth, and power are to be presented and discussed, along with some occurrences of general debauchery. They say that any intending to attend should send a letter to the High Captains saying their name, purpose, and affiliation.

((Event to be held in Roaringshore on Saturday, May 28 at 21:00 GMT.))
Akroma666

Re: Brigands and Lawless of the Sword Coast (Player/DM IC RP

Unread post by Akroma666 »

A letter arrives:
"High Captains, I am leader of a small company of mercenaries seeking able employment. The Name is Lilianna the Bloody. Please send word with Bently at the Friendly Arm Inn if there is anything I can we can do to be of service."
Storm - The Blade Flurry
Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar
Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter
Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane
Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness
Mac
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Mac »

*A letter arrives with near perfect penmanship*

"Most honorable and heroic captains,

I submit this letter for your approval and also to seek permission that I might be in attendance at your gathering of great minds. To answer in short your inquiries...

My name, Is none of your Hells Blasted business.

My purpose, I feel Is more or less... The same as yours.

My affiliation, is to no one.

With deepest regards,
A humble servant."
Former DM Creo 2017 CC Appointed Jul 27 2016 Removed May 21 2017
Sara Denton "Ashley" Fled the Swords Coast
Macgar Blackbrew Returned to Tribe Raymar
Belladonna (Dead) Once Captain of the Dragonwing Outlaw, Pirate & Friend
Nroc Living a life at sea
Akroma666

*Word quickly travels down the coast that a paladin keep was siege in broad daylight by a small band of mercenaries. No one was left alive as the great stone doors were blown open by some sort of magic. The tents of paladins and archers outside the walls and those seeking refuge inside were left either dead or reanimated as undead then cut down holy zeal. The keep's lord and order leader, a silver scaled dragon, was left decapitated and descaled outside the walls.

The culprits of this are still at large and the captains are most certainly please with the first job of man being a complete success.*
Storm - The Blade Flurry
Akroma666

Rumor spreads Liliana the Bloody is seeking more to join her warband to go dragon hunting. It is said that those brave enough to join her in vanquishing the 5 colors known to lurk in the area will be rewarded with the dragons treasure. All that she is rumored to want is a single flap of scaly hide. Her guardian Zeland and her have been spotted at Friendly Arm Inn gathering recruits to siege the first ancient.

///Player run event to take place at 8:30AM PST (3:30PM GMT) on Monday 5/30/2016. Depending on the turnout we will head to the appropriate dragon. If a DM can attend to spice it up, please feel free to PM me.///
Storm - The Blade Flurry
kkrazlite

Unread post by kkrazlite »

The sun sets and a small party seems to be walking up to the spear top mountains. The small party of four make their way up the mountain seeming to move at a steady calming pace slaying most hostilities that dare approach them in arms. They enter the cave with little hesitation. . . After a long while a roar echos outside the cave which could be heard for miles. The earth and snow beneath the mountainous area shakes and shivers as a battle erupts from above. It seems to go on for many moons until it comes to a silent halt.

Aeb'el and his party combat the beast laying him low but Aeb'el does not allow the party to slay the beast only to knock it out as he gathers a few scales from torso of the Dragon. Afterwards casting a few healing spells on the Dragon as him and the party leave allowing the mighty Dragon strength and a cold breath once more.

" A worthy bout champion of winter and you had fought well and with great prowess. You may live another day Ice Drake. . . For we are one in the same in this realm and your dogma shares similar merits with conclusion to that of the Frost Maiden."

Royalty? No it was simply an Election.

Player 1 Select Your Character:

Lo' - The Waunderer of Shou Lung

Aeb'el - Lord Cold Circle, Temple of the Great Blizzard
Akroma666

A small party of 4 ventures deep into the Wyrm forest killing many dragons, drakes, and wyverns collecting numerous hides of all different colors ranging from; Green, Red, Black, and Blue. The group seems hell bent on completing a collection of sorts as they storm through the forests slaughtering every scaled beast they see and even a few fungi. They collect a scale of each just to be safe and then head for the homelands of Yuan-ti..

They enter the lands killing every serpent and halfbreed they see as they even remove the occasional scale from the snake people and toss it in the pack with the other. They eventually enter the lair of the fabled shadowdragon Wyrmthrax and demand his hide. The dragon refuses and then leaps on the party with rage! Liliana advances as Kahanak weakens his will to fight and saps his health. With a might slash of her blade Liliana brings the dragon down to its knees and Tearlach blasts its hide with acid.

The groups leaves the dragon wounded and possibly dying as they skin its scales and exit its lair.
The job is done.. All they need is the white scales.. which is rumored to already be collected.

///Again my screen shots didn't save of the wyrm forest.. beginning to think my print screen doesn't work in game.. I have the one from steam thankfully. Zeland was with us up till about the lair entrance.///
Storm - The Blade Flurry
DM Dialectic

Roaringshore

It is said in the tavern of Roaringshore and therefore throughout the rumor channels of the Sword Coast that the High Captains of Roaringshore recently held a gathering for those seeking wealth, influence, and power, offering work with these possibilities held out as encouragement, with aim for the High Captains to make easy passive income in the process. A man named Lord Efar is said to have been on hand, offering such employment opportunities. It is said oddly enough that much of his offering for work involved procuring parts of dragons, with a particularly bizarre mentioned conclusion to the job: Lord Efar asking those working for him to kill himself after the work was completed. The High Captains additionally are said to have offered reward for dealing with some pirates hostile to Umberlee and in "paying a visit" to a safe house of Waterhavian spies.

An Order in the North

Rumor spreads that near Waterdeep a party of ill reputes recently raided a lesser order of paladins known to some as the Order of the Righteous Claws not known to be affiliated with any specific faith or well-known paladin orders. It is said that the master of the order, a young adult female paladin silver dragon, was killed after fierce battle in the raid, found dead later by some rangers of the area partly de-scaled. Casualties for the attackers were heavy it is said.
Grinning

Unread post by Grinning »

A rumour would circulate among certain circles and in certain locations of a wish for one to meet those who have been procuring dragon parts in recent times. The figure behind the rumour is different each time but the words remain the same:

"To those who have slain and stolen; wyrm's hide and dragon scale; your Lord is doubtful but your might is proven; perhaps we can make a deal."

The rumour further mentions that those relevant should seek out the one who wishes to meet them at the Friendly Arm Inn at a specified time, had they a wish to hear this deal.

//Player-run meeting for those who have worked for or had contact with Lord Efar on Monday 7/11/2016 (11th of July) at 7:00PM PST. PM me if you want to come and wish for a different time, gatecrashers also welcome but a PM in advance would be appreciated so I don't have to turn you away.//

//Due to plots I will have to reschedule this sometime in the future//
Last edited by Grinning on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Akroma666

After Lilianna the B*tch of Bane and Zeland the Banite arrive in the Roaring Shore, they carry with them multiple pelts of various dragons. A pack full of the bounty of their recent work and a few extras to top things off. Lilianna approaches the hangman nooses where they were once confronted by the captains and notices only a single nosed man swinging back and fourth. Perhaps they are inside she tells Zelend.. Aye he replies as the two make for the tavern door.

As the two enter the tavern, Lilianna kicks the door open as all the heads in the tavern turn on a swivel to stare the two down. We're looking for Efar! Lilianna shouts as one of the poor patrons points towards the back of the tavern. The two hall the sack of pelts to the back where a sign reads "Captains Quarters" as Lilianna knocks on the door and waits. A loud, Who is it?! is yelled back by some bucktoothed half orc. Lilianna here to see Efar about his "errand" he sent us on. The door can be heard rummaging as the lock slides and the door opens with a rather mean looking guard ready with his cutlass waiting. You be the B*tch then? He asks. I am Lilianna of Bane if thats what you mean! She stares back eyes narrowed. Ok's back here then. As the half wit half orc leads them back into a room where Efar sits at a large table stacked with gold.

Have you what I asked for? He asks the two. We have what you asked for and more Lord Efar.. As she swings a heavy back of hides on the table scattering coins without batting an eye. She slowly slides out multiple hides:
x1 Adult Green Dragon Pelt
x1 Young Adult Blue Dragon Pelt
x1 Adult Copper Dragon Pelt
x1 Juvenal Green Dragon Pelt
x1 Juvenal Red Dragon Pelt
x1 Shadow Dragon Pelt
x1 Ancient Shadow Dragon Pelt

You asked for Dragons, I have brought you many.. I await your next set of instructions ad the Friendly Arm Inn, and our reward.. Just make sure I get it before you have me kill you. As she turns and walks out the door Zeland right behind her.
Storm - The Blade Flurry
DM Dialectic

Soubar

It has recently been said by travelers passing through Soubar that the Ebon Blades Mercenary Company and others have helped bring a time of stability and seeming safety to Soubar over the past year despite past threats of orc, crazy Urdlen worshiping gnomes, and undead. After months of stability as a known center of tolerance for the rejected, unwanted, and dangerous of civilization, and those that do not generally fit in elsewhere, a migration of brigands, evil mages, dopplegangers, wererats and other werefolk, mercenaries down on their luck, mind flayers, scurrilous bounty hunters, nefarious dealers, those bearing curses, and others not tolerated in most communities is seen to enter Soubar.

Taken collectively, many of the new arrivals are said to speak enthusiastically of a Soubar that does not preach oppression of faith, profession, polity, pirate captain, race, or morality as compared to other settlements in the Western Heartlands "whether ruled by tyranny of Pirates, Duke, Zhentarim, Lords' Alliance, Amn, Conclave, Innkeeper, Elf, Gnome, Dwarf, Fisherperson, Orc, or other so called 'rulers'." As free, but stable, a place that beings can gather in to be who they are, as long as they don't cause too much trouble in the process.

As the new creatures settle, it is said that that Soubar seems to become a sort of hiring fair of such beings not elsewhere wanted. Mysterious Mag of the Winding Way tavern in Soubar, said to be both more than what she seems and a former flame of Grand Duke Belt, keeps the peace among the lawless, with her secretive methods as to how allegedly terrifying some of the new inhabitants. How more orderly organizations based nearby Soubar such as the Ebon Blades Mercenary Company handle the influx now taking place in Soubar remains to be seen.

Return to “The 1352 (2016) Campaign”