Wand recharging in Soubar

Suggestions for Improving Existing Area Maps or for Altering Area Maps to Reflect In-Game Plots

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Louvaine

Wand recharging in Soubar

Unread post by Louvaine »

Is it possible to have wand recharger in Soubar? Or at least somewhere that's not Gate? :P
Church of Hoar
Morgan Monroe
Tanlaus
Quality Control

Re: Wand recharging in Soubar

Unread post by Tanlaus »

LazyTrain wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:21 pm Second this. It's cool that it's in the Farmlands, but if it's a thing there's no reason it couldn't be in other places. Slap one down in Soubar, one in the Underdark if it isn't there already. Heck, I'd wanna put one in my guild house tbh.
S’shamath already has one.

I’d third Soubar getting one. I mean really Soubar needs a makeover anyway. It’s outgrown the dirty town thing.
Louvaine

Tanlaus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:43 pm Soubar needs a makeover anyway. It’s outgrown the dirty town thing.
That's another thing, but we might go step by step? I don't know, I learned not to ask for much (I hope!). :)
Church of Hoar
Morgan Monroe
Tanlaus
Quality Control

Unread post by Tanlaus »

Louvaine wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:58 pm
Tanlaus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:43 pm Soubar needs a makeover anyway. It’s outgrown the dirty town thing.
That's another thing, but we might go step by step? I don't know, I learned not to ask for much (I hope!). :)
Yeah totally. Let me rephrase... yes soubar should get a wand charger ASAP. Then more after.
blowuup

Unread post by blowuup »

In addition to a Wand Recharging station, can we also change the following?

Direct transition to East of Chionthar River. Right now starting evil / ruffian characters have to run 30 seconds through North Tradeway and hope they don't get ambushed by level 10 wolves.

Reduce identification costs on the Trader to 25g to match Farmlands. He pays 1400 for items, he might as well have the same identification cost.

These three changes would be all to accommodate level 1 characters that want an alternate hub.
Masero

My Characters
Aria "Traveling Sorceress and Monster Slayer"
Edazarode "Champion of Tempos"
Nigel Oldfield "Butler of Darkhold"
Louvaine

blowuup wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:33 am In addition to a Wand Recharging station, can we also change the following?

Direct transition to East of Chionthar River. Right now starting evil / ruffian characters have to run 30 seconds through North Tradeway and hope they don't get ambushed by level 10 wolves.

Reduce identification costs on the Trader to 25g to match Farmlands. He pays 1400 for items, he might as well have the same identification cost.

These three changes would be all to accommodate level 1 characters that want an alternate hub.
To be honest it doesn't make much sense for the wolves to be so close to the Fort. I might be biased, since House Blackrose wants to get rid of those wolves anyway, but I'd rather just have spawns of those wolves removed. It's not like there's many people actually grinding there. There are better places to visit at that level. And those roads are heavy patrolled, since that's where most Blackrose troops start their journeys!

There is a trader in Soubar that identifies for 25GP, he's very close. I never bother, to be honest... but it's a fair point. We just have worst version of Blunt, which doesn't make much mechanical sense or roleplay difference.

All very good points, thanks for chipping in!
Church of Hoar
Morgan Monroe
Sputnik

Unread post by Sputnik »

Oi! Don't be messing with the wolf-hide economy. XD

I propose that the wolf spawns be moved to the East side of the map, away from the road.
It makes sense that the roads would be clear, but the wolves are a good source of income and RP, and so should stay in my opinion.
Francis 'Frank' Waynn - City Watch Recruit
Tytos Lyonson - Ebon Blade Sergeant
Vaelen - Proprietor of Derringer Mercantile, hedge-wizard, politician
blowuup

Unread post by blowuup »

Since there's at least one person that wants to keep the wolves, I say keep them, but agreed they could be moved away from the giant armed fortress.

As long as level 1 players aren't in danger on their way to their first/second zone I'm happy.
Masero

My Characters
DM Gixustrat

Unread post by DM Gixustrat »

I like just about everything I’m seeing. Wonder who we have to nudge? O.o
Loquitur demos mess maet

Player ID: Entreri00
If you urgently need something reach out and maybe I can help.

Server Rules (MUST READ) \ PvP Rules and Guidelines (MUST READ) \ DM Rulings: A Record of DM Decisions
Oarthias
Custom Content

Unread post by Oarthias »

blowuup wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:33 am
There is a merchant in Soubar that does identify things for 25 gp
~Vanira (Boots)~
Captain, Order of the Radiant Heart & A Councilor of Doron Amar
~Menolly Silverarrow~
Druidess and Elixir Maker
blowuup

Unread post by blowuup »

Oarthias wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:33 pm
blowuup wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:33 am
There is a merchant in Soubar that does identify things for 25 gp
Thank you! I checked it IG and you're right.

I did a round-up of the merchants I could find:

Horfire Taletrader 1400 gp max, 100 identify
Alchemist Priya 1100 gp max, 75 itentify
Shifty 1100 gp max, 75 itentify
Mindflayer Scrolls Merchant 1100 gp max, 25 itentify
Lo'Zeng 1100 gp max, 25 itentify

In summary, to make the most bang for your buck, go identify items at the Mindflayer or Lo'Zeng for 25gp and then go back to Horfire to sell items for a max of 1400gp. The one thing Soubar has over Farmlands is that the merchants are willing to purchase traps, while Blunt does not.
Masero

My Characters
Louvaine

Cool, cool, cool. All true. Now, where do we stand on that wand recharging station? Could anyone name someone I can bother? Endy? Rhifox or Valenfort? I'm willing to go creep people out in private since there's enough "ayes" here to back this motion up, just help me understand who to bother.
Church of Hoar
Morgan Monroe
Xorena

Unread post by Xorena »

Probably a dev. You basically have to just clone the machine in the farmlands and then put it next to a merchant that makes sense.

Maybe that wizard in the farmlands has an apprentice in Soubar!
Eroica Hersbrucker, dungeon scout and hired blade

Helpful references:
Complete arcane spell list.
Xorena

Unread post by Xorena »

LazyTrain wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:05 pm
You could take it a step further and even save it as a prefab so you can just deploy it in new zones whenever you feel like.
That would save even more time. We'll get more cool things if our suggestions come with solutions or if you can save time for the person doing the work. I know not a lot of us have tech help or can do it ourselves though.
Eroica Hersbrucker, dungeon scout and hired blade

Helpful references:
Complete arcane spell list.
TravelingVagrant

Unread post by TravelingVagrant »

Noted, and looking into.
Cyran - Sneaky hunter.

Return to “Areas”