New areas

Suggestions for Improving Existing Area Maps or for Altering Area Maps to Reflect In-Game Plots

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Tanlaus
Quality Control

Re: New areas

Unread post by Tanlaus »

This would be a great addition. Two things the UD lack are 1) ways to stimulate traditional drow roleplay, which raiding an elven village would work well with and 2) variety of locations. A 'surface' location would add a completely new type of environment.

In some lot wished for (on my part) future with factions in place it could even be a place UDers go to raid and Surfacers go to help defend.
renshouj
Custom Content

Unread post by renshouj »

I will say, we do truly lack underdark areas in all departments, from settlements to lower-mid level wilderness zones and epic level wilderness and dungeons. If you have any areas that could fit those, probably send them the Builders' way?

For surface areas, we in many ways already have too many, though some more specific ones that do not expand the territory but rather increase the resolution of it (like, other areas for places we already have, that simply increase "detail", in a way) are likely welcome. Lastly, regarding areas in general, I do ask we keep it to lore if possible! :P
Discord: jojoelm
Brazilian Timezone (GMT-3)

Current Character(s):
Runa Helvig - High Druid of Eldath of the Green Enclave ( BIO | JOURNAL )
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

I've suggested this in the past (a "surface" area that is tied only through UD for drow raiding purposes), so I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility by any means. Whether it is elves or some other 'goodly' surface race, I am not sure.

As far as specific areas, I would only say you can submit them to the build team for review. We wouldn't guarantee their inclusion into the module without looking at them for quality, functionality, etc. (that goes for anyone with areas available if you hold rights to share them).

It is certainly worth exploring. I didnt watch the whole video, but they look worthy of taking a look for sure.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
Tanlaus
Quality Control

Unread post by Tanlaus »

Schylinndrinn (or however you spell it) has been brought up several times and I even think at one point there was a map or part of a map done.

Personally I’d be all for it. Not that my 2 cents is worth more than 2 cents when it comes to areas.

The argument against it is that the UD pop is too small for even S’shamsth alone so adding another city would just dilute it more.

The argument for it is that perhaps a more traditional lolthite enclave bring in (or back) some traditional lolthite players who don’t find sshamath conducive to their particular UD RP styles.

Ultimately I think it’s more about someone putting in the effort to build a quality city that is the real bottleneck.

Return to “Areas”