Coming Soon: New Epic Weapons

Content Slated for Release or Approaching Release

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

blacksoft

Re: Coming Soon: New Epic Weapons

Unread post by blacksoft »

KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:01 am I had Explosive Sling as a point of reference, with its 1d4 bonus fire damage and 4 eb. The caveman sling has 1d3 more bonus damage. However, it has -1 eb, so, effectively, the bonus damage is only 0-2 (~1 on average). In summary, this sling deals on average 1 extra damage compared to the other available slings, but has -1 attack bonus, it was the idea behind the balance. GMW doesn't work on ranged weapons, so it can't be exploited.

As for penalties, well, they're all mostly fun flavor! Imagine rolling -10 bluff in some interaction. The list of penalties is big and scary, yet, in practice, they barely hurt your character, and 2d4 massive crits somehow compensate for them. According to weapon's lore, these slings are cursed.
Oh, I am a big fan of the penalties and will happily make use of the sling RPing the curse and such. Mainly, it was the will penalty that hurts the most.

For me, 1 more damage did not seem to equate to the -1 AB as I was comparing to the Stunshot sling (as opposed to the explosive sling) since it's damage is more consistent (no RD).

I guess my thinking was that this sling was meant to be objectively better damage-wise and have some penalties which hurt saves and RP dialogue, cursed etc and it being +4 rather then +3 hit the right spot - as slingers, especially, warslingers want to get as much AB as they can.

Either way, thanks for the cool sling.

And I do want to stress that the concept of making epic items better than the standard epic items, albeit with some penalties is an excellent way to open the field more without out-shinning the older epic items.
AlfarinIcebreaker

Unread post by AlfarinIcebreaker »

Are those in? If so, which merchant holds new weapons? I returned from hiatus and checked usual vendors but nothing seems new.
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

There's a few new vendors (one in the FAI, for instance), but I think some of the new weapons are loot-only.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

So, could someone list the locations of these vendors?
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
Xorena

Unread post by Xorena »

One of them is in Roaringshore, another I think at FAI. Not sure about the others.
Eroica Hersbrucker, dungeon scout and hired blade

Helpful references:
Complete arcane spell list.
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

Blushing Mermaid and the Calishite also got some new weapons.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

I guess these weapons did not get added to the land Down Under.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

YYA wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:49 am I guess these weapons did not get added to the land Down Under.
They did. The drow town in South of Grottoes.

The other vendors people are listing are not for Kopo's epic weapons. Those ones got the new shortspears. Their equivalents in UD also received the same ones.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
izzul

Unread post by izzul »

i remember Quarterstaff Cold Iron/Alchemical Silver +3 EB was added. where do i find them. Roaringshore?
Azzizuleia Tyrielmrande-[Permadeath PC]
Eilondruil Eldanyar-Corellon Larethian[Battle Historian]
Iz Azul-Red Knight[Active]
Krueger-Trader viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56617
Mystera Electra-Mystra[Goat Girl]

"give to yourself, took from others-Integrity and Justice"
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

explore the server, not only the epic regions :D
izzul

Unread post by izzul »

Theodore01 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:49 am explore the server, not only the epic regions :D
maybe Corm Orp. a friend already checked roaringshore. server is too small to hide anything.

YYA

Unread post by YYA »

izzul wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:40 ami remember Quarterstaff Cold Iron/Alchemical Silver +3 EB was added. where do i find them. Roaringshore?
Soubar, and in one of the Merchant Buildings in S'shamath proper.
izzul

Unread post by izzul »

YYA wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:15 pm
izzul wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:40 ami remember Quarterstaff Cold Iron/Alchemical Silver +3 EB was added. where do i find them. Roaringshore?
Soubar, and in one of the Merchant Buildings in S'shamath proper.
thank ye, corm op is too small :lol:

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

small is the keyword ;)
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Rhifox wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:29 am
YYA wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:49 am I guess these weapons did not get added to the land Down Under.
They did. The drow town in South of Grottoes.

The other vendors people are listing are not for Kopo's epic weapons. Those ones got the new shortspears. Their equivalents in UD also received the same ones.
Thanks for letting me know, as I found nothing particularly new in those places listed on the surface, aside from the merchant found withing FAI.

Return to “Coming Soon”